The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

My speculative theory about the delay is that the scheme's organisers are still waiting to receive confirmation from some local authorities about whether they wish to participate. In that case, they would wait a little longer to see how many additional candidates who received the ambiguous e-mail can viably be moved onto the next stage. Fortunately my assessment centre was fairly early on in the process so I received my result quickly, but I really understand the nervousness of those left in limbo. Good luck to all.
Reply 181
I got in! Good luck guys!
I didn't make the cut... absolutely gutted.

Good luck to those of you who are through!
Just had an email saying I've got one interview at Cheshire West & Chester council so I'm over the moon about this as it was my first choice! The email says I only get one interview as numbers of participating authorities is low this year. I can imagine I've got quite a bit of competition ahead of me! Anyone else heard??
I've got two interviews. One is with Wiltshire which I'm really happy with as it was my second choice after Bristol. The other is in Kingston - I had to google where that was, which is probably not a great start! Would rather have been more central London, but can't be too choosy I suppose.

Surprised to only get two interviews - I was expecting at least three.

Anyone else heard? Who are the jammy ones going to Bristol?
Reply 185
Quick Q for those of you who reached the assessment centre, did you have a long list of extra curriculas and what degrees did you do? Just curious as I'm trying to see what they're looking for on this scheme.
Original post by ajp100688
Quick Q for those of you who reached the assessment centre, did you have a long list of extra curriculas and what degrees did you do? Just curious as I'm trying to see what they're looking for on this scheme.

I've got a teaching degree and left uni over 7 years ago - most people I met so far seem to have left uni a while ago. My experiences outside of education haven't been around local government at all, I'm just interested in a career in this area. I think they are looking for personal qualities and skills regardless of background. The recruitment process is always based around the competencies on their website. Hope this helps!
Reply 187
I haven't heard back yet about my interviews, I'm hoping it should be later on today. Why do they take so long!
Also I'm still at Uni for this, I think to be honest they look for a range of people and a variety of degree's from politics to say biology I expect.
Reply 188
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Local Authorities? Interviews are supposed to start tomorrow and no-ones got back to me. I'm feeling a tad worried :confused::s-smilie:
Reply 189
I have heard back about mine. Perhaps you should email Clare, or give her a ring?

I am not feeling especially optimistic about my interviews. Not because I think I won't perform well, but because there seem to be so many candidates going for each job that the odds look poor. One of my authorities explicitly said that they are interviewing a high number of candidates. So I'm trying to expect to be unsuccessful, so as not to be too disappointed.
Reply 190
Does she have a direct number? Each time I seem to be getting the same woman and it's doing my head in when she says "Be patient". It's just been under a month since I've had any email contact, I might give them another ring, but Claire never seems to reply to any of her emails!
Reply 191
These are the numbers I have for Clare, from the last email she sent me with my interview allocations:

Direct line: 020 7296 6832
Mobile: 07789933190
Reply 192
I've left her a message on her mobile so I should expect to hear something soon. I wonder why my Local Authorities are taking so long to reply :s-smilie:
Reply 193
have you heard anything yet stormstar?
Reply 194
Hey, yeah I did in the end. Gave them a call and turns out they had an issue with my email address. The thing that annoyed me is calling the national number turns out to be a bit of a joke. But yeah I got Bexley and Suffolk, my interview is tomorrow. Good Luck people!
Had my interview today! I think it went ok. Now for the next long wait...
Reply 196
My second is tomorrow. Good Luck Guys!
A really interesting blog post and comments about the past, present and future of the ngdp at the welovelocalgovernment website.

Not really ideal to hear the scheme is to be "dramatically scaled back" when you've just returned from only an ok interview day! Has anyone else heard further details?
Reply 198
I wouldn't panic just yet. The post didn't give any evidence that the scheme is to be dramatically scaled back, and it's still running this year, admittedly with far fewer posts than in previous years.
Does anyone know if it is today we are supposed to hear?

Quick Reply

Latest