Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin 2011 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by priyap23
hehe fair enough :P I didn't read all the posts but yh I wanted to make sure I wasn't on the ground floor, so I emailed them yesterday. I was surprised that they replied so quickly lol

How long did it take for a reply?? Was it through email or post?
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Ennykay
How long did it take for a reply?? Was it through email or post?

i contacted sedley court by email and they replied the next day !
Reply 62
Original post by Ennykay
Yo, I'm also enrolling this September.
Has anyone else seen Bridget's & Nightingale accommodation yet? Or the houses along Collier Road?
I figured since the on-campus was all filled up I'd wing it for the flats that sounded the most rustic, lol, & that were in the CENTRE of Cambridge life! : D

Anywho, anyone else on the Illustration & Animation BA?

hey,, im on the illustration BA.

i ve got a place in one of the university managed houses,, no idea what its like but it seems more appealing than halls
Reply 63
I'm soo glad I stumbled upon this thread!

I'm going to Sedley Court this September too :smile:

Is anyone in 17b??

anyone doing Abnormal & Clinical Psychology??
Original post by Brigitte:)
I'm soo glad I stumbled upon this thread!

I'm going to Sedley Court this September too :smile:

Is anyone in 17b??

anyone doing Abnormal & Clinical Psychology??

Ahhh I'm doing just psychology? aha, they'll have their similarities! And im in flat 14b :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by mcindoe
hey,, im on the illustration BA.

i ve got a place in one of the university managed houses,, no idea what its like but it seems more appealing than halls

Oh cool! Yeah, I put the university managed houses as my 2nd/3rd choice so I may be in one too : ) & I know what you mean, its why I put Bridget's & Nightingale as my 1st choice, means I see more of Cambridge quicker, since I'm not living on-campus.

Your the first Illustrator I've seen on here : D I'm really looking forward to September & working in the studios with everyone else. It'll be a hoot : )
Reply 66
Apparently every single university managed accomodation has been fully allocated.

Without a room for me.

Looks like I will have to attend one of the open days over summer.

Damn my waiting around.
Original post by Ennykay
Apparently every single university managed accomodation has been fully allocated.

Without a room for me.

Looks like I will have to attend one of the open days over summer.

Damn my waiting around.

Is Sedley Court all full aswell?! :eek:
Reply 68
Original post by Ennykay
Oh cool! Yeah, I put the university managed houses as my 2nd/3rd choice so I may be in one too : ) & I know what you mean, its why I put Bridget's & Nightingale as my 1st choice, means I see more of Cambridge quicker, since I'm not living on-campus.

Your the first Illustrator I've seen on here : D I'm really looking forward to September & working in the studios with everyone else. It'll be a hoot : )

haha yeah i havnt come across anyone else on the illustration course either. yeah the art school seems so nice,, spacious, lots of light, kick ass print room. all that.

it just sucks that the art school is under the anglia ruskin umbrella :frown:

i tell people im going to cambridge school of art, they seem really impressed until i tell them its part of anglia ruskin :tongue: oh well
Reply 69
Original post by liamcol123
Is Sedley Court all full aswell?! :eek:

All full to rafters! I called up the accommodation office, though & the chap I spoke to was really nice & said that The Forum (which is where I'll likely be placed) was recently refurbished & still has up to six people sharing. (lots of people is my preference) But there are 2 bedroom houses too.

If you weren't offered a place at the uni managed places you'll be invited along to an open day to see which room you have.

mcindoe
haha yeah i havnt come across anyone else on the illustration course either. yeah the art school seems so nice,, spacious, lots of light, kick ass print room. all that.

it just sucks that the art school is under the anglia ruskin umbrella

i tell people im going to cambridge school of art, they seem really impressed until i tell them its part of anglia ruskin oh well

Haha, yeah it's a nice feeling saying cambridge art school! Weirdly enough the University of Cambridge art department is called Ruskin too. So you wouldn't be far off telling the truth if you said that.
But Anglia Ruskin isn't a bad place! I've been to so many universities & prestige is often weighed with feeling welcome. The more prestigious the place the less welcome you feel or helpful anyone is. Obvs thats not a rule for everywhere but Anglia Ruskin sure feels like a community. Plus they are like hooked up with really great illustrators & artists in Cambridge.
Y'know they have this session once a week/month where artists come to do some life drawing together then they all go to the pub afterwards! & we can go to that!

I know what you mean though, have you seen how much light is in the illustration room! SUCH BIG WINDOWS! & the plants remind me of my old art room lol.
Would be going to University of Buckingham this July to study Economics, does anyone know what the freshers week is like?
Hey, how is the social life around Anglia Ruskin?
is it a nice place, with things to do ?
Reply 72
Original post by So Instinct
Hey, how is the social life around Anglia Ruskin?
is it a nice place, with things to do ?

From what I've heard and seen its seems to be really good. I know that they have their own kickboxing team!! :biggrin:

As for the area its self, if you're talking about the cambridge one then cambridge is absolutely stunnnnnning! I love cambridge! so beautiful!!! There's alot to do in cambridge! not too sure about night life yet.....

where you going? and what are you going to be studying?

ps Love SHELDON!!! so funny!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Ennykay
All full to rafters! I called up the accommodation office, though & the chap I spoke to was really nice & said that The Forum (which is where I'll likely be placed) was recently refurbished & still has up to six people sharing. (lots of people is my preference) But there are 2 bedroom houses too.

If you weren't offered a place at the uni managed places you'll be invited along to an open day to see which room you have.

Haha, yeah it's a nice feeling saying cambridge art school! Weirdly enough the University of Cambridge art department is called Ruskin too. So you wouldn't be far off telling the truth if you said that.
But Anglia Ruskin isn't a bad place! I've been to so many universities & prestige is often weighed with feeling welcome. The more prestigious the place the less welcome you feel or helpful anyone is. Obvs thats not a rule for everywhere but Anglia Ruskin sure feels like a community. Plus they are like hooked up with really great illustrators & artists in Cambridge.
Y'know they have this session once a week/month where artists come to do some life drawing together then they all go to the pub afterwards! & we can go to that!

I know what you mean though, have you seen how much light is in the illustration room! SUCH BIG WINDOWS! & the plants remind me of my old art room lol.

Your right, at the end of the day its best to go with somewhere you feel comfortable and feel you can produce the best work, especially on an art course as its all about building up your portfolio.

Yeah im really looking forward to the life drawing every week,, thought it was twice a week though? Either its going to be sweet and very beneficial.

By the way my accommodation has been allocated, its a lovely Georgian terrace.
Reply 74
Original post by mcindoe
Your right, at the end of the day its best to go with somewhere you feel comfortable and feel you can produce the best work, especially on an art course as its all about building up your portfolio.

Yeah im really looking forward to the life drawing every week,, thought it was twice a week though? Either its going to be sweet and very beneficial.

By the way my accommodation has been allocated, its a lovely Georgian terrace.

Haha, I'm more than happy if it's twice a week. & your house for first year sounds lovely :smile: Have you seen photos?

After calling up a few times I've prepared myself for being allocated a place in The Forum. It's about 30 mins walk apparently but I might get a bike to lessen the back 'n' forth time. I still really hope I get somewhere in one of the places I picked but who knows, & I'm sure they'll be plenty of fun people wherever I end up.

Not to mention, you spend most of your first year at other peoples houses anyway, or in the studios.. or in music pumping clubs, of course.

I'm kinda hoping they have some silent discos. I've never been to one of those.
Reply 75
How do you know accom is full?????????????????? Thats ridiculous! why let you still apply if its already full.
fuming.
Original post by Ennykay

I'm kinda hoping they have some silent discos. I've never been to one of those.

They had one last Freshers week, its one of the few events the University runs really well!
Reply 77
Hey just thought id add my bit in, anyone who wants to email me or message me can :smile: I am moving into 24a and my sister is moving into 15b, we are twins and both going to Anglia Ruskin in september :smile: soo probably see you there! haha
Original post by vic-toria
Hey just thought id add my bit in, anyone who wants to email me or message me can :smile: I am moving into 24a and my sister is moving into 15b, we are twins and both going to Anglia Ruskin in september :smile: soo probably see you there! haha

Of which halls? :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Hayley-Anne
Of which halls? :smile:

woops sorry forgot to say- sedley court :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending