The Student Room Group

18, never had a boyfriend, never had a first kiss!

Hi..

Ok well the title explains all really, and I am getting kinna impatient. I know everyone said the right one will come along when the time is right and not to force it, but I just want what everyone else has.

The closest I have got is stupid little boys at school, and yes I could have had my first kiss then but he was a ****. I remember the first day we 'went out' he pulled me aside before going to the next class, but the thought of a messy grubby little kiss underneath the stairs where the lockers were really didn't appeal to me. So I chickened out and dashed off to french...

Anyways I feel like there is something wrong with me. I have never been popular and struggle to make proper friends. At school I had almost the whole year know who I was and refered to me as 'the fish' (I have suffered from psoriasis since I was younger and one ass hole thought his bullying deserved to carry on till we left school). So however hard I try I do have a poor view of myself but I try not to let it show around guys etc.

So I was just wondering who has been in the same situation? When did you find your first proper boyfriend/girlfriend? Do people find someone special at uni (I hope to go 2012 after a year to build up experience)? Or are you too busy working for such complications?

Sorry if it is a bit long. I kept anon cause it a bit loserish lol :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry, but you're doing it wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ascendansy
You're doing it wrong.

Was the advert in your sig actually on air!?!?
Don't worry, there are a lot of people on here in the same position as you. When you go to uni you are likely to meet someone or maybe even before then. Stop stressing and it will happen :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by such_a_lady
Was the advert in your sig actually on air!?!?

Unfortunately no. :frown:

The ad was made by director Max Issacson. It was shot in his house and was intended as an experiment to see how many people would be fooled into thinking it was real.

Needless to say, it took the internet by storm (at the time, that is).
Reply 5
You're doing it wrong.

how exactly? I aint gunna be slut and get out there - I mean for one I have hardly any boobs, but that isnt the issue here I don't think. I don't think I am ugly, I do get the usual attention from guys when out and about. I also have christian values so my sort of relationship woudln't be one you ' pull'
Reply 6
OK if you want a kiss from anyone go to a rave. LGC or UTR are all easily places to get jiggy.
Reply 7
You're not alone or unique in this position.
Reply 8
Original post by *Dreaming*
Don't worry, there are a lot of people on here in the same position as you. When you go to uni you are likely to meet someone or maybe even before then. Stop stressing and it will happen :smile:

Yeh I guess so. That helped, thankyou :smile:
Reply 9
I was 21 when I had my first kiss, in my third year of uni. I've still never had a boyfriend. Big deal. I don't care, nobody else does.
Reply 10
Thats pretty lame....
Sorry, but you're doing it wrong.

How does that little troll know my IP address and the computer im using :afraid:
Reply 12
As you have said, you'll meet the right one, most probably at uni :smile: there are so many people like you & the first person you kiss, will be so glad you waited & will appreciate it, don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Blazara
You're not alone or unique in this position.

Doesn't mean she has to settle for it. Everyone deserves to be loved :smile:
I'd never had a boyfriend or kissed anyone before I went to uni, then met someone on the first night that I'd been talking to on fb and I'm still with him a year and a half later :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by aggie.
As you have said, you'll meet the right one, most probably at uni :smile: there are so many people like you & the first person you kiss, will be so glad you waited & will appreciate it, don't worry about it :smile:

Thankyou, that really boosted my outlook :smile: They will appreciate it, I hope. I just get impatient. Sad I know :colondollar: I am just scared they will be so experienced and I will end up licking them or summint stupid! haha
Reply 16
I've just been having this conversation with one of my mates, persuading them it is perfectly normal and lots of people haven't kissed anyone by then! It is not a race, and much better to wait and be in a relationship than randomly get off with someone in a club - you'll only regret it if you do that. So stop worrying :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by littlemiss-sunshine
I'd never had a boyfriend or kissed anyone before I went to uni, then met someone on the first night that I'd been talking to on fb and I'm still with him a year and a half later :smile:

Aww, that's cute :smile: Did you find the first kiss arkward or just go with it?
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou, that really boosted my outlook :smile: They will appreciate it, I hope. I just get impatient. Sad I know :colondollar: I am just scared they will be so experienced and I will end up licking them or summint stupid! haha

No problem :') I am only telling the truth, well if you're scared about that, make sure you tell them it's your first time kissing, so they don't expect too much & take it slow? :smile:
All you have to do is be yourself and be confident, and it will attract all the right guys who like you for who you are. Who said anything about rushing? I never kissed anyone before I was going out with my boyfriend- neither had he- and I'm so glad I didn't waste it, as we're still together 3 years later. Just trust you instincts and you'll be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending