The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicant Thread for 2012 Entry

Hey everyone, I am very excited about applying to UCL for this next year and I'm sure many of you are aswell so post what you wanna study and your "predicted" grades which you guess you will be getting (I take the IB).

Also post your thoughts about the university and/or any tips for the applications!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xch
Hey everyone, I am very excited about applying to UCL for this next year and I'm sure many of you are aswell so post what you wanna study and your "predicted" grades which you guess you will be getting (I take the IB).

Also post your thoughts about the university and/or any tips for the applications!!

Hello! :smile: I'm thinking of applying for Civil Engineering (maybe Architecture, but I doubt the latter). I'm doing A levels and this year I'm predicted 4As :smile:.

What about you? What do you want to study? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
xch
OP
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Hello! :smile: I'm thinking of applying for Civil Engineering (maybe Architecture, but I doubt the latter). I'm doing A levels and this year I'm predicted 4As :smile:.

What about you? What do you want to study? :smile:

HEY!
I think Il probably apply for chemical engineeirng :smile: , I take the IB and have 37 points at the moment so we shall see...
By the way, do you know if it is bad to apply to 2 different programs in the same university??
Original post by xch
HEY!
I think Il probably apply for chemical engineeirng :smile: , I take the IB and have 37 points at the moment so we shall see...
By the way, do you know if it is bad to apply to 2 different programs in the same university??

:biggrin: ah that's really good! I don't think it's bad, but you're probably best off asking the university themselves, if not at an open day then at least give them a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

So apart from chemical engineering, what else are you thinking of? :smile:
Reply 4
xch
OP
:biggrin: ah that's really good! I don't think it's bad, but you're probably best off asking the university themselves, if not at an open day then at least give them a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

So apart from chemical engineering, what else are you thinking of? :smile:

ye im goin to open day on 30th of june so il ask then...
im thinking of takin the mech eng with buisness and finance... but aparently mech eng in UCL isent so good..
Original post by xch
ye im goin to open day on 30th of june so il ask then...
im thinking of takin the mech eng with buisness and finance... but aparently mech eng in UCL isent so good..

Oh okay, yes I'm going then too:smile:. What about Imperial? I know this thread is about UCL, but Imperials are tops for engineering really :smile:
Reply 6
xch
OP
Oh okay, yes I'm going then too:smile:. What about Imperial? I know this thread is about UCL, but Imperials are tops for engineering really :smile:

Yep il also be applying to imperial, the only problem is that they ask for a 7 in HL maths and I think Il be getting a 6 which is wat UCL ask for...:s-smilie:
u think ul get in imperial?
Original post by xch
Yep il also be applying to imperial, the only problem is that they ask for a 7 in HL maths and I think Il be getting a 6 which is wat UCL ask for...:s-smilie:
u think ul get in imperial?

Oh yeh they're requirements are higher :/ I would have to get an A in my mechanics module for math. So it really depends if I get that, which really depends on the paper, because sometimes I get over 90 and sometimes I get just over 80 :s (over 80 is an A). So if it's a really hard paper and I get a B then there isn't really much point in me applying to Imperial!
Reply 8
I'm most probably gonna apply for archeology :smile: I'm doing the IB as well and my predicted predicted grades (I will get the actual ones next autumn) are 39.
Reply 9
Hello prospective applicants :smile: If there is someone considering an application for languages, Spanish and Arabic specifically, feel free to contact me :smile: I'll be happy to provide any help as long as I'm able to :smile:
Reply 10
Hey guys, applying for engineering with business and finance. Predicted 2 A* and A. Any tips for applting? Gonna take a gap year.
Reply 11
Hey I'm in the IB too! :smile:

I'm considering applying for ESPS, or just French & German.
Original post by aleviodema
Hey guys, applying for engineering with business and finance. Predicted 2 A* and A. Any tips for applting? Gonna take a gap year.

Which engineering are you going to apply for? :smile:
A lot of IB people here!
Reply 14

i'm hoping to study architecture at ucl with 3 A's predicted but do you think ucl would mind if i had to re sit one of my maths modules at the start of my A2 year?
Original post by luckycharm
i'm hoping to study architecture at ucl with 3 A's predicted but do you think ucl would mind if i had to re sit one of my maths modules at the start of my A2 year?

No they shouldn't really mind. One (or two max.) resits are usually fine. I'm taking one in Physics because I was 4% off an A :frown:. Besides, UCL only ask for ABB for Architecture (I originally wanted to study architecture, that's how I know:tongue:)
Reply 16
xch
OP
Do any of you know how sure you can be of getting an offer if you meet the entry requirements??
Reply 17
Original post by xch
Do any of you know how sure you can be of getting an offer if you meet the entry requirements??

Unfortunately, you can never be sure - typically, most of the applicants recruit from those that are predicted the stated requirements or have already achieved them. However, since there are inevitably more applicants than places available, other parts of your applications come into play: PS, reference, and interview. I think the best bet is to make all parts of your app as best as possible, to make sure you've done all you could.
Hey guys I just found this excellent blog about applying to school in the UK. You should check it out! http://theuniguide.tumblr.com/
Reply 19
I really want to study Architecture or Urban Planning at UCL.
Anyone going to the free taster course there about the construction industry in July?

Latest