The Student Room Group

What are your fears /phobias,?

I don't lie sand paper!:frown: the sound when its scraping on the walls and even feeling sand paper grinds my nerves:frown: the thought of how it'd feel if it were in your month and you crunched your teeth on it! painful

Scroll to see replies

It's not exactly a phobia, but I feel exactly the same about sandpaper, just thinking about it makes me seriously cringe and sends shivers down my spine.

Of actual phobias, I'm terrified of heights. :redface: I can't stand being more than 3/4 stories up and massive buildings scare me. :colondollar:

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty squeamish, it's not blood that gets me, just gore and insides. :s-smilie:

Edit 2: I got negged for that? Really? Someone doesn't like me being scared of a couple of things. :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Raw Eggs. Srsly.
Trypophobia. Don't google it.
Reply 4
Bees or wasps, small things that fly in general :afraid:
creepy crawlies, especially spiders :afraid:
Reply 6
Choking is one, but my main phobia is wrists. Can't deal with them. Genuinely cannot touch them or look at them. :frown:
Tall building, tall trees (these things because they look like they're gonna fall down on me :/ )
Erm, height, overly huge/hench muscley men (I fear them because if I got in a fight with one and he punched me, I may not live to tell the tale)

Oh and spiders...
Dead crabs. I'm fine with the live ones, but i can't stand to look at or be near dead crabs, let alone touch one!
Spiders, cows, wolves and.. crepitus.
Something about the word just.. ugh..
Original post by Azzie_May
Choking is one, but my main phobia is wrists. Can't deal with them. Genuinely cannot touch them or look at them. :frown:

You have two?
Reply 11
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Trypophobia. Don't google it.

Just googled it and its apparently a fear of holes

Thats a hole bunch of crap
Reply 12
Those laughing policemen things. :/

And wax dummies.
Trypophobia

Emetophobia

hatred of scratching noises, when people crack their knuckles
I'm ****ing terrified of bees, if I hear one fly past my ear I spazz out.. my friends will never let me go for that one time it happened to be in front of them :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by somebodytoldmexo
Trypophobia

Emetophobia

Same here :tongue:
Arachibutyrophobia-Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. :yep:
Zemmiphobia-Fear of the great mole rat
Xanthophobia-Fear of the colour or word yellow
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia-Fear of long words (oh, the irony. :rolleyes: Still scares the **** out of me)

:cool:

EDIT: I'm actually being serious...have you seen mole rats? They're massive!! And rodents...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Falling! heights are fine, i rock climb etc, no problem. Sit on a tall stool and i get knocked, major heart attack right there!
Pain! :frown: It sounds really stupid, but my biggest phobia/fear is being in pain (that's why I'm quite scared of jags/getting blood taken, etc...). I have absolutely no pain threshold whatsoever! :redface:

I'm also scared of bees/wasps
Ever since getting bitten by one when I was little and it made me bleed I dislike dogs a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest