Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Today-

Chemistry - I WILL finish MD today!!
- Summary of organic reactions
- nmr
- planning a synthesis
- the action of drugs
Spent the morning enjoying the weather... now to work.

Today:
-Finish WW1 cards
-Weimar Republic
-C4 paper
-Some Political Philosophy reading
Reply 202
5 down, 9 to go :work:
After an annoyingly long break trying to get a friend's birthday present ready, I'm now back to it for a three-hour session...
Reply 204
Original post by KingMessi
After an annoyingly long break trying to get a friend's birthday present ready, I'm now back to it for a three-hour session...

Do you work 3 hours straight? :eek: No breaks?
Reply 205
The weather is making me not want to revise :frown:
Types of muscle fibres

There are two types of muscle fibre: slow-twitch fibres and fast-twitch fibres.

Slow-twitch fibres provide contractions of decreased power for a longer period of time. They are therefore suited to endurance work, such as running a marathon. They are commonly found in muscles such as the calf muscle. They are suited to their role by being adapted to aerobic respiration, and avoid a build-up of lactic acid. Adaptations include numerous large mitochondria to produce ATP through the electron transport chain and Krebs Cycle, a store of glycogen for metabolic energy, high numbers of capillaries to supply oxygen and glucose, and a large store of myoglobin, a pigment which stores oxygen.

Fast-twitch fibres provide powerful contraction over a short period of time, and produce energy anaerobically. They are therefore adapted to low-intensity work, such as weightlifting. They are adapted to their role by having:
1. Numerous thick myosin filaments
2. A high store of anaerobic enzymes, such as pyruvate dehydrogenase and enolase.
3. A store of phosphocreatine, a molecule that can rapidly regenerate ATP from ADP in anaerobic conditions and so provide energy for muscle contraction.
Original post by daisyyy
Do you work 3 hours straight? :eek: No breaks?

Yeah...:s-smilie: Not learning, because your effectiveness is reduced I think, but I can do three hours straight of writing essays/answering questions. I did six hours straight of Biology questions yesterday, it was epic...:colondollar:
Reply 208
To do:
M3 - Chapter 1 exam questions in review exercise
M2 Chapter 2 exam questions

FP3 - Matrices and vector exam questions
S3 - Chapter 1,2,3 exam questions

Economics - Case studies A notes
Case study I notes

Case study B notes
Case study I notes
Case study F notes

Physics - Universe exam questions
Capacitor exam questions
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 209
Hey, just wondering which exam board are you on for economics? AQA? I swear, I only have 5 exams but units 3 and 4 of economics are killing me!
Reply 210
almost finished all the physics aqa unit 2 papers......so far im finding the papers fine =)
Detente note today! Can't believe it's exactly a week away.
Do some PY2 revision for an hour.
2 scenes of The Tempest
Reply 212
Original post by LuckyDuck

It's so hot :frown:
Okay, one more Psychology essay then I'm getting ready for this party....

Original post by tamii05
It's so hot :frown:

It's stiflingly hot, but I have an aversion to insects in my room whilst I attempt to revise, so my windows are closed, meaning that I'm boiling...:mad:
Original post by a.nk
Hey, just wondering which exam board are you on for economics? AQA? I swear, I only have 5 exams but units 3 and 4 of economics are killing me!

I do AQA economics and I've done well in units 1, 2 and 3 (haven't sat 4 yet) so I'm happy to answer any questions you've got about it.
Finished...have a good evening TSRians...:biggrin:
Reply 217
Tonight:
-Finish learning Tacitus
-C4 June 2007 paper
-C4 January 2008 paper

If I have more time:
-Start learning Virgil or F325 chemistry calculations

Spoiler

I'n lacking.
Reply 219
Original post by riotgrrl
I do AQA economics and I've done well in units 1, 2 and 3 (haven't sat 4 yet) so I'm happy to answer any questions you've got about it.

Ooh thanks, I was just wondering how are you revising? I was doing well in past papers at the end of term but don't feel like I'm doing anything constructive with my revision.

Also, how do you think unit 3 compares to 4? I'm spending more time on unit 3 mainly because it seems more diverse, unit 4 seems to essentially be evaluating macro performance in a range of situations and a bit of stuff on policy/ certain concepts, but in general less specific than micro.

Cannot wait for these exams to be over! The thing is, if the questions are relatively ok I really enjoy economics exams, it's just the build up that kills me!

Quick Reply

Latest