The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP - Ideas in context 2011 pre release

Hi!

i am stressing on the pre release ideas in context questions provided by OCR 21 Century!

If i post the questions on the physics side ''Rocket Science'' Biology side ''Brain Power'' and the chemistry side ''Copper - not just in mobile phones'' will anyone be able to help me buy answering them and posting back the answers! it will be very helpful as i can revise from them! please! thank you as i tried bitesize and everything! if yes i will edit and post the questions and the actual pre release booklet.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EXAM IS NEXT WEEK

Scroll to see replies

same here
kinda stressing over that exam
my teachers a duoche bag you see :P
Reply 2
Original post by Ireallyneedhelp
Hi!

i am stressing on the pre release ideas in context questions provided by OCR 21 Century!

If i post the questions on the physics side ''Rocket Science'' Biology side ''Brain Power'' and the chemistry side ''Copper - not just in mobile phones'' will anyone be able to help me buy answering them and posting back the answers! it will be very helpful as i can revise from them! please! thank you as i tried bitesize and everything! if yes i will edit and post the questions and the actual pre release booklet.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EXAM IS NEXT WEEK

Don't stress too much. I looked at last years Pre-Release, the questions were really sticking to the material, a lot of them you could answer using the booklet and some required own knowledge. Just work a bit around the topics (look at all the forces for P4 etc..) and just do the questions and you'll be fine. You can post the questions, can't promise I'll be able to answer them all!
Thanks for the advice i wont stress anymore hopefully!

i have attached the questions for the physics biology and chemistry please answer all that you can it will be very helpful!

i have also attached the 2011 booklet incase u dont have it :biggrin:

thanks!!
does anyone have the answers for them questions? really need help:frown:
Reply 5
I can't give you the proper answers, but here's what I would have put:

Brain Power:

Spoiler

Rocket Science:

Spoiler

Mobile Phones:

Spoiler

Since these are my answers, some of them could be wrong!
Please tell me if you disagree with something!

Good luck with the exam!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by drewb

LIFE saver !
thank youu soo much
Reply 7
Original post by ILoveBananas
LIFE saver !
thank youu soo much

You're welcome. :smile:

Did you get any different answers to me?
thank you so much, tht will really help for my revision:smile:
OMG LIFE SAVER !!!!! Thank you so much i do not know how i could repay what you have just done! I hope my thread has helped others as well please sticky this!!!
Reply 10
Original post by drewb

Hey,
Thanks!! Ur a life saver!! It helped me sooooo much! :smile::redface:

Tinah xx
Original post by drewb

Brain Power:

Spoiler

Rocket Science:

Spoiler

Mobile Phones:

Spoiler

Quite a lot of your answers are wrong.
Original post by lilzoldier
Quite a lot of your answers are wrong.

Well could you please tell me what answers you got/the correct answers?
Reply 13
Original post by drewb

Calculate the maximum speed of the rocket.
(This is based upon the rocket travelling the fastest in between 5 and 10 seconds, I'm not sure if this is correct).
Speed = \frac {distance}{time}

Speed = \frac {500}{5}

Speed = 500 M/s

- I think this one is wrong by the way, you've just used the wrong numbers. Distance is 1500, Speed is 5. So 1500/5 = 250m/s

:smile:

Yeah, it looks as if I've read the graph wrong. :P

Thanks, I've changed it in the original post.
Reply 15
Hmmm - I don't get what the second half of the journey would be. Why would it be 39 seconds?
Original post by Ears
Hmmm - I don't get what the second half of the journey would be. Why would it be 39 seconds?

I just guessed that as a rough estimate.

If the parachute didn't open, there'd be very little resistance on the rocket compared to when it went up, so the time coming down would be quicker than how long it took for it to go up.

I think that as long as the answer was less than the time it took for the rocket to reach the top of its flight, you'd get the mark for this question. (Within reason, you obviously wouldn't say 0 seconds. :P)
Reply 17
the total time of the rocket journey is around 27/ 28 seconds in total
Original post by mikeabc
the total time of the rocket journey is around 27/ 28 seconds in total

That's only for the rocket going up; the total time of the journey would be 27/28 + how long it takes for the rocket to come back down.
Reply 19
do we get formulas in the paper???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending