The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5240
Original post by LipstickKisses
I don't really want pics of me on here, even just my arms lol. The best way I can explain it is like, I have visibly muscular arms when I'm moving (not in a gross way lol) but when they're still, the tops kind of squash down and look weird.

I imagine if you just keep doing what your doing it will eventually look right. this thread might be helpful to keep you motivated though so hello :tongue:
I'm back from my weekend away :smile:

I felt like I ate terribly, but putting it into my calorie counter, I didn't actually do too badly. I ate more than I would normally, but never went over 1750. I think the fact that I didn't really snack helped. Plus, my boyfriend and I got quite a bit of exercise- a lot of walking both days, then this morning we got up early and went to the hotel gym. I managed 30 minutes HIIT (or at least, an attempt at HIIT) on the crosstrainer :smile:

I've got two 'normal' days now, then I'm off to Download, which could derail my weightloss/healthy diet a bit. But it's only for 5 days, and we all need a break now and then :smile:
Reply 5242
Went swimming last night so all in all 100 minutes of exercise yesterday - pretty chuffed with that! Got myself up at 5:30 this morning to go for a walk/jog/run and look outside and it's raining! Was quite looking forward to that pre first day back at school after half term - on placement teaching not as a pupil. Oh well just have to hope that the weather's better when I get home tonight otherwise it'll just be swimming agan today.

Got special k, skimmed milk and a pint of tea this morning - approx 200 cals

Lunch (all packed up and ready to go):
Quorn chilli from yesterday - 200 cals
Strawberries - half price in m&a - 50 cals
Apple - 50 cals

Not sure about dinner yet, will decide when I get home based on weather whether to have something hot or something cold
mmm shredded wheat and home-grown strawberries :biggrin:
Weighed myself on my official weigh-in day and time - so pre breakfast unlike yesterday - 9st 7lbs! Yay. So that's 3lbs across 2 weeks =]
That means id I continue losing at this rate, I could be 9st in just over 4 weeks, which is just after my holiday starts...so really I need to up it a bit. Only problem is - this week is revision [so snacking], next week is end of exams [copious amounts of alcohol, drunk eating and hungover eating] and then I'm hope [where my parents have no concept of portion sizes and Dad always buys me treats]. My self control is going to have to be rock hard! Oh temptation I hate you.
I've just got to keep in mind my goal. I think part of my problem is I don't honestly believe I can get to 9st again. It seems like such a long time ago...

Today:
breakfast - quarter of a pink grapefruit, small bowl special k and a cup of tea
lunch - not sure yet as I'm going to work and I don't know what I've got in the house
snacks - sugar snap peas, ryvita...
dinner - probably rest of my Glorious! soup and sugar snap peas and mini corn again.
Exercise - 3 mile run if my ankle is up to it. I think I turned it funny last time we went and it's been a bit dodgy to walk on since. Walking to and from work = mile each way, plus shopping :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
50g portion of muesli with added sultanas, dried cranberries and almonds.

Not sure what to have for lunch, probably a rice cake and some fruit, cos I'm at work and only get a tiny break!

Dinner will be chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

I have body pump later! Looking forward to it :smile: and my whole exercise routine this week!
Lost 1lb this week even though I was convinced I wouldn't! So..

Total lost is now FIFTY POUNDS!

That's just a huge amount lol!!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

WOW!
That's incredible, well done-you must be doing something right!
I tried to pos rep you but apparently I've been giving you too much haha
Original post by Easykill
WOW!
That's incredible, well done-you must be doing something right!
I tried to pos rep you but apparently I've been giving you too much haha

Well I know this week I've been a bit naughty, but have also done a lot of exercise so it's all balanced out! Just need to step it up a little bit to 2lbs per week if possible otherwise I'm not gonna hit my target!

Haha I'm the same, I use all my rep on this thread :P
Reply 5249
Lost 2lb this week :smile:

Also, if anyone wants tips on how to avoid eating too much, go to a Food Hygiene course. I had one on Friday and I swear the sight of food made me ill because all I could think of was E coli, staphylococcus aureus... very effective :/
So I put on 2lbs while away on tour with the orchestra, it's not as bad as I thought at least!
There was just no way to eat properly and definitely no time to exercise, but I'm straight back into it :smile:

I reeeeeally need to lose this weight, and just hope that it'll work for me. Going home today, and it'll be a challenge to keep up this lifestyle when I am no longer cooking my meals and I don't have my running partner. I need some motivation.

Had a "I feel like ****" day yesterday, but that's probably more because of the travelling. :smile: onwards and upwards?
Reply 5251

I have to rate some other members before I can rate you again haha but WELL DONE!! That's absolutely brilliant :smile:
Original post by dol:)
I have to rate some other members before I can rate you again haha but WELL DONE!! That's absolutely brilliant :smile:

Thank you! I can't believe it.. the annoying thing is, because I see myself every day, I STILL don't think I look any different!

Original post by conway!
Lost 2lb this week :smile:

Also, if anyone wants tips on how to avoid eating too much, go to a Food Hygiene course. I had one on Friday and I swear the sight of food made me ill because all I could think of was E coli, staphylococcus aureus... very effective :/

Haha I'm already sooo paranoid about food poisoning! Won't be eating cucumber for the foreseeable!

Original post by Emaemmaemily
So I put on 2lbs while away on tour with the orchestra, it's not as bad as I thought at least!
There was just no way to eat properly and definitely no time to exercise, but I'm straight back into it :smile:

I reeeeeally need to lose this weight, and just hope that it'll work for me. Going home today, and it'll be a challenge to keep up this lifestyle when I am no longer cooking my meals and I don't have my running partner. I need some motivation.

Had a "I feel like ****" day yesterday, but that's probably more because of the travelling. :smile: onwards and upwards?

Could have been worse, when I went on tour with my band I usually put about half a stone on in a week and a half! Just look to the future :biggrin:.
But now that you know, you can set your goals and be able to slim down; it's all good! How tall are you, 9st 4 really doesn't sound very large at all. I'd DIE to be that weight!

I'm 5''6/7
x
Just done level 1 on 30 day shred for the first time. Felt like i was going to die, cant believe how unfit i am. Got decide what have for lunch now. So far had a bowl of cornflakes, small glass of pure orange and water. Must stick to diet and exercise this time, that 3 1/2 stone has got to go.
Reply 5255
I lost another lb this week which means i'm ONE POUND off losing A STONE! I actually cannot believe it. I started at 72kg and i'm now 66 kg and nearly a size 10. Hope everyone else is keeping the motivation up. I had some pringles yesterday and they made me feel really horrible inside so i'm really avoiding any junk food now.
Reply 5256

Wow that's amazing! A bit congratualations to you! I've tried to rep you but it says that I have to rep another member. :smile:
Reply 5257
just ate so much ice cream, so angry at myself i'd been doing so well the last few days!! I feel really sick now as well :frown: damn damn

Belly dancing tonight i guess, might go early and have a bit of a run to see if i can burn off a few extra cals to make myself feel a bit better
I went to the library earlier, and carried home a really heavy bag of books.

Out of interest, I weighed it when I got home - it was 12lb. I've lost 18lb - can't believe I used to carry around 1.5 time the weight of that book bag...
Original post by lolo66
Wow that's amazing! A bit congratualations to you! I've tried to rep you but it says that I have to rep another member. :smile:

Thank you!

The only thing that's worrying me now is loose skin. I don't have it at the moment, because I've only ever lost 2lbs per week at the MOST.. does anyone have any idea if that means I'll be okay losing the rest? Or if there's anything I can do to stop it? Because I seriously don't want to get down to my target weight (hopefully before 2012) and then not be able to wear nice clothes anyway because of loose skin!

Anyone who's lost a lot of weight already; I'd appreciate your view on this!

I thought I had "loose skin" on my upper arms, but thinking about it, I've always had "bingo wings" so it's probably always been like that, nothing to do with losing the weight.

Should I start doing sit ups to help the tummy muscles? And would a 2kg arm weight help the bingo wings? Thanks everyone! Now that I've lost 50lbs I'm thinking about more individual things that I need to target.. and I know you can't lose weight from a specific area, but can you tone muscle?

Ta!

Latest