Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire accomodation

Scroll to see replies

I need to send mine off this week. |:
Although i still can't bloody decide.
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to hygiene, and cleanliness; trying to decide if Halls or Roberts Way would be a better bet, haha. Halls would have more showers, but Roberts Way has fewer people. =P
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Paper Flowers
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to hygiene, and cleanliness; trying to decide if Halls or Roberts Way would be a better bet, haha. Halls would have more showers, but Roberts Way has fewer people. =P

I'm also a bit OCD about hygiene and that's why I chose deHav. Because I need to have my own bathroom.
I know... It's expensive. But I think I can manage. :P
Reply 82
Hi :smile:
I can’t decide which halls to go with on the college lane campus :s-smilie: I don’t really want to stay anywhere that’s too loud and I was hoping to take my car too, so i'd need a parking space. Could anyone give me any suggestions please?
Original post by SweGren
I'm also a bit OCD about hygiene and that's why I chose deHav. Because I need to have my own bathroom.
I know... It's expensive. But I think I can manage. :P

Haha.
But £800 difference for the year between that and Halls or Roberts Way is a huge amount. D;

Although i'm having to get the full loan and grant to be fair. >.<;
Reply 84
Original post by ahamshaw
Hi :smile:
I can’t decide which halls to go with on the college lane campus :s-smilie: I don’t really want to stay anywhere that’s too loud and I was hoping to take my car too, so i'd need a parking space. Could anyone give me any suggestions please?

The halls are notorious for being really loud with almost daily parties in the 1st half of the academic year :eek:

Roberts Way is pretty quiet, but then again it depends on your luck :smile: The parking space is right behind the Roberts Way houses. I'm staying here now & I fully recommend it...most of the students in the houses are doing Masters = less noise.
Good luck!
Reply 85
Original post by Paper Flowers

I wouldn't worry too much about that, cleaners come twice a week to clean the communal areas (toilets, showers, & kitchen)

That's the disadvantage for the Dehav ppl, they have to clean their own washrooms :redface:

If you've got a bunch of messy housemates who don't clean up after themselves, then it doesn't matter whether you live in the halls/houses. Trust me, after months of nagging I've given up already lol. Depends on luck, so cross your fingers >.< :rolleyes:
Reply 86
i know this might be late to ask but do students that put hertfordshire as their second choice apply for accomodation or no??? :s-smilie:
Original post by jrsantosb
i know this might be late to ask but do students that put hertfordshire as their second choice apply for accomodation or no??? :s-smilie:

I don't think so..
Reply 88

definately not ^^ only when its your firm.
Reply 89
Original post by Pop_tart
definately not ^^ only when its your firm.

oops...i already sent the form O.o lol
do you know what they'll do with it? :s-smilie:
Reply 90
oops...i already sent the form O.o lol
do you know what they'll do with it? :s-smilie:

probably nothing, unless they don't check your offer or anything but that seems unlikely but usually once you made Hertfordshire your firm your application will be processed.

there is nothing to worry about though. even if you apply later on you will most likely still get your first choice.:smile:

if you do make herts on your firm in a few weeks or so I would just ring up to make sure if you need to resend your accommodation application or whether they still have the other one.
Reply 91
Original post by Pop_tart
probably nothing, unless they don't check your offer or anything but that seems unlikely but usually once you made Hertfordshire your firm your application will be processed.

there is nothing to worry about though. even if you apply later on you will most likely still get your first choice.:smile:

if you do make herts on your firm in a few weeks or so I would just ring up to make sure if you need to resend your accommodation application or whether they still have the other one.

ooo right cuz i firmed loughborough but its like 50/50 ill get in :s-smilie:
considering I made hertfordshire my insurance choice (and most likely i'll end up at hertfordshire),would they throw out the accomodation application or no?
I was wondering if i sent it early, they wouldnt and it would be in my files O.o
Reply 92
Are there laundry facilities in Roberts Way or is it just Chapman for College Lane Campus.
Reply 93
Original post by Groberts00
Are there laundry facilities in Roberts Way or is it just Chapman for College Lane Campus.

the laundry at chapman is for everyone to use it's right next to it though ^^

ooo right cuz i firmed loughborough but its like 50/50 ill get in :s-smilie:
considering I made hertfordshire my insurance choice (and most likely i'll end up at hertfordshire),would they throw out the accomodation application or no?
I was wondering if i sent it early, they wouldnt and it would be in my files O.o

Hm that's a good one. they won't process your application until you firmed herts that i know but I'm not sure if they would keep the application until you firm it or whether they will just throw it away. perhaps it's worth ringing them to ask what you can do best because if they do keep them and you then send in another one everyone will get confused lol.
Reply 94
Hm that's a good one. they won't process your application until you firmed herts that i know but I'm not sure if they would keep the application until you firm it or whether they will just throw it away. perhaps it's worth ringing them to ask what you can do best because if they do keep them and you then send in another one everyone will get confused lol.

mmmmm okay thanks =] also another question (sorry to be asking many questions lol)
since i put hertforshire as my insurance, i didnt hear anything from them at all and what im worried is that, when i went to the open day, they said if i put them as my insurance choice, it would be unlikely to get a place even though i put it insurance (and i dont get into my firm choice)...so im just worried now....
mmmmm okay thanks =] also another question (sorry to be asking many questions lol)
since i put hertforshire as my insurance, i didnt hear anything from them at all and what im worried is that, when i went to the open day, they said if i put them as my insurance choice, it would be unlikely to get a place even though i put it insurance (and i dont get into my firm choice)...so im just worried now....

It don't think it would be unlikely...Since you said its 50/50, and let's say you don't get into your firm but get the grades good enough to get into your insurance you should get a place? That just defies the rule of having an insurance choice then :s
Reply 96
Original post by ,,,,

It don't think it would be unlikely...Since you said its 50/50, and let's say you don't get into your firm but get the grades good enough to get into your insurance you should get a place? That just defies the rule of having an insurance choice then :s

i dunno but thats what the lecturer told me when i was at the open day...thats why im abit worried :s-smilie:
i dunno but thats what the lecturer told me when i was at the open day...thats why im abit worried :s-smilie:

Oh right! Don't worry too much about it, what grades do your firm require? I still believe you should get a place at hertz if you don't get the grades you were aiming for, i wouldn't worry to much! Just think of it as this, not everyone gets the grades they want and get into their firm, but good enough to get into their insurance! Good luck!
Reply 98
Original post by ,,,,

Oh right! Don't worry too much about it, what grades do your firm require? I still believe you should get a place at hertz if you don't get the grades you were aiming for, i wouldn't worry to much! Just think of it as this, not everyone gets the grades they want and get into their firm, but good enough to get into their insurance! Good luck!

thanks! i actually feel better now =]
umm my firm is loughborough and theyre asking for 300 points whereas hertfordshire are asking 240, right now i got 240 but yeah...A2 is tricky O.o lol
A2 is definitely not the one!

Quick Reply

Latest