The Student Room Group

AQA Graphics 10/06/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got an A* in the mock without revising, found it pretty easy... but this time i am worried because i tried the Graphics specimen paper and its soooooo much harder has the exam changed or will it be pretty similar to the 2010 one? (the one i did for my mock)
Also does anyone know the grade boundaries for Graphics GCSE as a whole, because i know roughly what i got for my coursework and i wanna know what is the minimum mark i need in the exam to get A* :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by matheushms
Guys... I've been looking at the Spec...
And I would like to know:
Is AQA only going to ask questions on the things they mention on the SPEC??
Because the stuff on the spec is too much already... Imagine having to revise more...
Im dead...
I managed to get an A in my mock, but that was kinda easy in my opinion... BTW the mock we had was on the paper june 2010, and like half what the spec says there was in the paper... will it be like this for this one as well???

thx in advance :biggrin:
GL to all !!!
I am so stressed omg... really wanted the *

Im pretty sure they wouldnt ask something not in the spec, but who knows maybe, i just hope not :P
Reply 22
hey,
my teacher says all the papers up to 2009 are the old spec so only some points in those past papers are relelvant.....you should keep to wat was on the new spec so 2010 for a picture of wat its gonna be like but if you got good on tht im sure you will on the one tomorrow too :smile:
also the grade boundries are set out for each exam by aqa so we will only know when the results come out :P
hope i helped :smile:
Reply 23
this year we have no practical, only theory so my teacher made us learn everything in the book!!!! but she said that basically according to the resistant materials exam my school has already done, the technology exams this year will be based a lot around process and materials so I would revise all the printing and finshing processes as well as all materials especially :P
hope i helped :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by okonomiyaki
I thought I was the only one :')

No you're not! Pretty scared for tomorrow. I know some printing methods and stuff but not much at all! Hopefully it's a good paper because that's the only hope i've got really
Reply 25
Also, if we have to design a clock what sort of materials do you think will be best to use? Like what sorts of plastics if i were to use plastic?
Omg i'm so scared about this exam! I can't believe that I am predicted to get an "A" ...............
Original post by kathryn123
Also, if we have to design a clock what sort of materials do you think will be best to use? Like what sorts of plastics if i were to use plastic?

my Graphics teacher said it was much more likely that we would have to design the box for the clock rather than the clock itself.
Reply 28
Original post by Helloworld_95
my Graphics teacher said it was much more likely that we would have to design the box for the clock rather than the clock itself.

Oh thanks for that! I will look into the packaging then :smile: We have been told barley anything.
Reply 29

I will pray for that to be true...
I can't come up with any ideas of a learning clock... omg...
I hope its a box... at least there are loads of stuff for them to ask about the box...
for example the lion symbol, which comes in most toys for small children and that...

mannn plzz be the package rather than the clock!! :biggrin:
Reply 30
I hope its a box... at least there are loads of stuff for them to ask about the box...
for example the lion symbol, which comes in most toys for small children and that...

I agree! I started making up some ideas for packaging and it was so much easier than creating the clock itself! So i will be happy happy happy if it's packaging!
Reply 31
How did y'all find it?
ok, surprisingly
Reply 33
ok, surprisingly

Lucky you...I found it horrendous
I thought it was HORRIBLE! Nothing came up that I had been told to revise
Reply 35
I found it alright...
Reply 36
I think it was the worst exam i've ever sat!
The only bit i could do easily was the product life cycle stuff and that's just because of business studies. I had nowhere near enough time and my drawing and colouring looks like that of a 5 year old! hahahahaha
I confess that my clock ended looking a lot like ronald mcdonald xD Not entirely sure how. Probably would just scare the kids.
Fortunately I now only have one exam left, and my A-level choices have been sorted out 8D
I hadn't learnt product lifecycle as such, but it was easy to infer and waffle about; even if I got it all wrong, I feel I should get some marks for all that expert coherent waffling I did xD At least I have my coursework to fall back on :')
Reply 38

looks like it was about the clock after all :s-smilie: tbh i thought the exam was ok, didnt have a clue what product lifecycle is but made an educated guess at it, I am just so glad graphics is oovvverrr :smile:
Reply 39
this paper was a flop

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending