The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
How much do you earn on average monthly? Is there any requirements, and how many hours do you do? Looking for a job in september, so trying to think of the best ways to apply and where to :smile: any suggestions?
Got the magic session thing in a couple of weeks.

Thing is, it's for an asda like an hour's bus journey from me. While I'm perfectly happy to make the distance, there's one just a 5 minute walk down the road from where I live. Do you think if I get the job it would easy enough to request a transfer? It seems silly to go so far out when there's one right nearby.
Original post by Enzo-259
Got the magic session thing in a couple of weeks.

Thing is, it's for an asda like an hour's bus journey from me. While I'm perfectly happy to make the distance, there's one just a 5 minute walk down the road from where I live. Do you think if I get the job it would easy enough to request a transfer? It seems silly to go so far out when there's one right nearby.

That's exactly what happened to me! It should be as simple as if there is a vacancy (and you are doing alright in your current store) you can do an internal transfer. Though I haven't actually tried it yet as I was happy just working in my current store.
Original post by callum9999
That's exactly what happened to me! It should be as simple as if there is a vacancy (and you are doing alright in your current store) you can do an internal transfer. Though I haven't actually tried it yet as I was happy just working in my current store.

Ah cool, good to hear! :biggrin:

Kinda bricking it about the 'magic session' thing though. I've never done a one-to-one let alone a group interview. :s-smilie:
Original post by Enzo-259
Ah cool, good to hear! :biggrin:

Kinda bricking it about the 'magic session' thing though. I've never done a one-to-one let alone a group interview. :s-smilie:

I think it's easier than a 1-1 session. I was nervous but you didn't really have to do much. We just had to say what our favourite movie was and why (the worst bit for me as I don't have one!), have a chat with the person next to us then tell the group why they should get the job and then build something out of spaghetti and marshmallows as a group.

I don't know if it's normally the case - but everyone at my magic thing was hired. As long as you don't come across as inflexible and someone who hates people, you should be fine!
Original post by callum9999
I think it's easier than a 1-1 session. I was nervous but you didn't really have to do much. We just had to say what our favourite movie was and why (the worst bit for me as I don't have one!), have a chat with the person next to us then tell the group why they should get the job and then build something out of spaghetti and marshmallows as a group.

I don't know if it's normally the case - but everyone at my magic thing was hired. As long as you don't come across as inflexible and someone who hates people, you should be fine!

Thanks, that's calmed me a little. :redface:

Only slight problem is that it's currently being built (or at least hasn't opened yet) so I've got no idea where the interview is apart from some really vague directions on the wee date application thing they emailed me. :tongue:
Im starting a placement at George (ASDA) head office in a few weeks! Can't wait! :biggrin:
Had my magic interview today. The people there seemed really nice and friendly especialy the people who conducted the assesment. Just awaiting on the decision .... :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by charly1991
Had my magic interview today. The people there seemed really nice and friendly especialy the people who conducted the assesment. Just awaiting on the decision .... :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Had mine last week, awaiting the same, become addicted to checking email and waiting on phone call.
Original post by TiredNdRestless
Had mine last week, awaiting the same, become addicted to checking email and waiting on phone call.

ah best of luck! where did you apply for?
how an earth do you apply? the online thing looks confusing :s-smilie:
Original post by AishaTara
how an earth do you apply? the online thing looks confusing :s-smilie:

https://hourly.asda.jobs/2057/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034

You can search openings there

if that does not help google asda jobs > top right will be a "how do i apply tab" tick that > click on "search roles" on Shop floor and Depot roles.

And all you do is select the location of an asda and it will show the openings for that store.

:smile:
https://hourly.asda.jobs/2057/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034

You can search openings there

if that does not help google asda jobs > top right will be a "how do i apply tab" tick that > click on "search roles" on Shop floor and Depot roles.

And all you do is select the location of an asda and it will show the openings for that store.

:smile:

oh hehe I've just applied! fingers crossed :biggrin:
ASDA is the only place I can really work since it's in walking distance tbh
Original post by AishaTara
oh hehe I've just applied! fingers crossed :biggrin:
ASDA is the only place I can really work since it's in walking distance tbh

Best of luck Aisha ! :smile:
Best of luck Aisha ! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
For the few posters above, how long do you think it was between applying for a position and getting an invitation for a Magic Session?
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
For the few posters above, how long do you think it was between applying for a position and getting an invitation for a Magic Session?

I beleive it varies but for me it was

Apply 24th May
Invitation 8th June
Magic day Today (14th June)

I have read places where they applied a day before they were invited to the thing and other saying they waited months so it varies. I'd assume it depends when the applications end and when they assess all the potential candidates.

Apparently they said 800 people applied for the positions that were open at the store I went to and there were like 15 people there and they had a session on Friday so im guessing another 15.
I beleive it varies but for me it was

Apply 24th May
Invitation 8th June
Magic day Today (14th June)

I have read places where they applied a day before they were invited to the thing and other saying they waited months so it varies. I'd assume it depends when the applications end and when they assess all the potential candidates.

Apparently they said 800 people applied for the positions that were open at the store I went to and there were like 15 people there and they had a session on Friday so im guessing another 15.

How many positions were available at the store you applied to? I'm asking because I've applied for a few jobs and its been nearly a month and I haven't heard anything.
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
How many positions were available at the store you applied to? I'm asking because I've applied for a few jobs and its been nearly a month and I haven't heard anything.

I think there were six. The applications closed on the 31st May so if the applications have not closed or if they have just they should not take too long.
ah best of luck! where did you apply for?

Have a lot riding on it, so dont want to jinx it. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending