The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent - Law BBB, Ive got BBC :(

I'm currently doing a levels at the moment, and im predicted BBB but i dont think ill get that in the end, im finding accounting really hard and i will probably end up with BBC and 280 points instead of 300 points..

will i still have a genuine chance? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Work your ass off!

You only have to work so hard for these exams once and you can chill for the summmer months ahead

be postive
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i think you do because if you miss offer by a grade I think they still consider you but it would be different if you got something like a BDD just try your best you never know you could end getting a B in accounting, in the mean time just relax and do what you can if not then at least your insurance choice will act as a back up plan:smile:
Reply 3
thankyou! so much, really appreciate the morale boost and support! :P
Reply 4
For psychology two years ago, my offer was 280 points and Trent was my insurance choice.

In the end I got BCD, so 240pts (+20 from a E in Maths AS haha) and they still gave me an unconditional.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 5
FYL.
Reply 6
Original post by Influenced
I'm currently doing a levels at the moment, and im predicted BBB but i dont think ill get that in the end, im finding accounting really hard and i will probably end up with BBC and 280 points instead of 300 points..

will i still have a genuine chance? :frown:

did you drop an As after Y12?
the grade for that counts to your total incase you didnt know, so if you got BBC and had an E in another As then you would have a total of 300 and will be fine, otherwise when you get the grades back give them a ring
Reply 7
Original post by edlambeth
the grade for that counts to your total incase you didnt know, so if you got BBC and had an E in another As then you would have a total of 300 and will be fine, otherwise when you get the grades back give them a ring

Or do an extra AS in year 12 (such as general studies) which some unis will count for points, but not as a subject
Reply 8

Hey there, yeh basically i got a B in economics in year 12, i dropped it and carried on with my other three a levels! But on UCAS it says "300 points from a minimum of 3 GCE A Levels OR 2 A Levels and 2 AS Levels? will it still count? :O
Reply 9
Original post by Influenced
Hey there, yeh basically i got a B in economics in year 12, i dropped it and carried on with my other three a levels! But on UCAS it says "300 points from a minimum of 3 GCE A Levels OR 2 A Levels and 2 AS Levels? will it still count? :O

yeah, it will count,
notice how it says a 'minimum' this means that they need you to have done at least 3 full A levels or 2 A levels and 2As levels, this means that they dont want you to have done like 30 As levels to get the points, its just a formality,

basically if you have the B in As thats an extra 50 points added to your total, so you will only need 250 points from A level which is a BBD or BCC,

im sure you will be fine, and good luck with your exams
Reply 10
yeah, it will count,
notice how it says a 'minimum' this means that they need you to have done at least 3 full A levels or 2 A levels and 2As levels, this means that they dont want you to have done like 30 As levels to get the points, its just a formality,

basically if you have the B in As thats an extra 50 points added to your total, so you will only need 250 points from A level which is a BBD or BCC,

im sure you will be fine, and good luck with your exams

Thankyou so much! for making that clear for me! i really hate accounts! ive worked so hard for the exams but i just cant seem to get it into my head :frown: i just have to wait and see if BBC will be sufficient with my B As grade to get me to do Law at nottingham! :P fingers crossed! thankyou once again!
Reply 11
I do not have the time to read all of it, but if you have not sat the (I am assuming its ACCN4) exam yet, I suggest you just do every past paper avaliable. That's my tactic for accounting and 90% is reletively easy that way because you cover all the spec! good luck :biggrin:
They may still accept you if you don't quite get the BBB they are asking for depending on how popular the course is there and whether the other applicants make the grades.
Reply 13
omg i'm having the same problem here :s-smilie:
my firm choice is york n the offer is BBB
but after most of the exams i had (2 more to go), i'm not confident abt meeting the offer at all :/
i dont really know wt to do with my life now :/
Reply 14
Original post by elph
omg i'm having the same problem here :s-smilie:
my firm choice is york n the offer is BBB
but after most of the exams i had (2 more to go), i'm not confident abt meeting the offer at all :/
i dont really know wt to do with my life now :/

You got an offer for law at york for BBB? That's good :smile:
Original post by lawology
You got an offer for law at york for BBB? That's good :smile:

Probably not law.

Most of the top 50 law schools ask for AAB - AAA at least. :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
Probably not law.

Haha I know, I got an AAA offer for law at York and by my comment 'That's good :smile:' what I really meant was 'B**h! How the f*ck did she do that?! :angry:'
Reply 17
You'll still have a chance, I know people who've got well below their offer and still got in.
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
Probably not law.

There are many law schools in the top 50 that only ask for aroud 300 - 320 points.

Examples:

*University of Hull
*Trent University
*Oxford Brooks University
*University of Westminister
*The Manchester Met
*Keele University

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Law
Reply 19
Original post by ultimate mashup
There are many law schools in the top 50 that only ask for aroud 300 - 320 points.

Examples:

*University of Hull
*Trent University
*Oxford Brooks University
*University of Westminister
*The Manchester Met
*Keele University

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Law

And Kent's AAB and easily top 40

EDIT: just realised that 320 points is ABB not AAB. So much fail :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply