The Student Room Group

Cambridge? No thanks, it hasn't got a music scene: What 17-year-old rapper told top u

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by nibbler12

Original post by nibbler12
Most likely because he was undecided and might not have got into other places.

And then he'd have to have gone to a place that 'hasn't got a music scene', which he didn't want.
Original post by jam.wa
And then he'd have to have gone to a place that 'hasn't got a music scene', which he didn't want.

Better than no university I guess.
Reply 162
Fairly sure cambridge has an awesome music scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk4EfcKHT9k
Reply 163
Original post by wactm

aint terribad but not impressed.

I follow the underground grime scene a lot, and i like this song because it tells a valid point, how all those breaking into mainstream only do so because they're fake, and fall away from who they really are. I like.
Reply 164
How sad that the city that gave birth to Pink Floyd doesn't have a proper music scene (although I understand that it does have a few places). Frankly, I think that Cambridge should have its own museum dedicated to the band. But, no, its university would rather study 15th century Belgian choral music than its modern day equivalent created on its own doorstep.
(edited 12 years ago)
Don' see why people are annoyed tbh.

It's his life and his choice. If he didn't want to go there for whatever reason, then surely declining it is a good thing? After all the place would go to someone who really wanted it.
Reply 166
I had friend who started to argue with the interviewer at oxbridge (not sure which one) about how the question he got asked is wrong. It was for getting into medicine. I regard this guy as a legend in my book.
Original post by Mangaka
Bet he can't rap for ****, good luck to him though. And yeah WTF is this in the news.

This isn't news... It's Daily Mail junk.
Why did he apply?
I don't get it.

I have a friend who rejected Oxford for QMUL, why isn't he on the news?

I mean, the gap between Oxford and QMUL is arguably far larger than the gap between Cambridge and LSE.
I know this guy. He's hard working and dedicated to everything he does. Why's it such a big deal that he prefers London to Cambridge?
I turned down Oxford for Imperial for the same reasons; more interesting course, more preferable (imo) learning environment. It's not insanity.
Gosh, is there anything the Daily Fail won't feed on? Hah
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
I don't get it.

I mean, the gap between Oxford and QMUL is arguably far larger than the gap between Cambridge and LSE.

Because he isn't as interesting as a boy rapper rejecting cambridge, but i agree its not a big deal these days, maybe for old-school daily mail readers.
The reasoning is sound, to be perfectly honest. The IB-obsessed internationals are going to love hearing him spit his bars all through the British Library of Political and Economic Science.
What's more important? A higher-paid job or your rap career?
Original post by cambio wechsel
I'm guessing he would have taken it if he'd not been accepted by the LSE, which was his preferred choice. This happens: statistically the LSE is for most courses the more popular institution.

Also, that's not what "beg:undefined: the question" means.

Imo, I think it should be compulsory to make Oxbridge your first choice if you get in.

Or reject the offer.
Original post by im so academic
Imo, I think it should be compulsory to make Oxbridge your first choice if you get in.

Or reject the offer.

WHAT?

ACTUALLY WHAT?

What the hell made you say something stupid like that? You high or something?
Original post by FloydRix
Why did he apply if it has no music scene?

Scumbag.

This. What an idiot.
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
I don't get it.

What? For what subject?
Please keep this thread on-topic and civil. It is perfectly easy to debate without resorting to name calling.
Original post by JCC-MGS
It was PPS.

Props anyway, I felt the same way when I went to Cambridge on some 'get kids who wouldn't normally go into Cambridge' thing, totally disconcerted by Cambridge as an area, didn't click with me at all. When you're used to breathing smog you don't really want medieval churches and precocious beardies riding bicycles. Living in Dudley hasn't got **** on living in Hackney though in terms of bleakness.

Was that the Cambridge Shadowing Scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest