The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ksahnan
Yup Salmon pink way better than Evertons fluorescent pink! :puke:

Fellaini says he wants to leave for a top club, claiming Everton are a sub-top club. Think Fergie's gonna swoop for a sub-awesome player and turn him into one? Like Valencia? He'd certainly be a presence in the box from corners etc. haven't seen him play much this year.

Nope, don't think Fergie would be interested, or that he's good enough tbh...
Reply 221
What do you lot think about Liverpool for next season?
Original post by Pn94
What do you lot think about Liverpool for next season?

I reckon Dalglish is working wonders, and building a squad with a good english core. Great youth players coming up too.

I think Suarez is amazing, and Liverpool have a great chance of eclipsing arsenal in the top 4 next season.
Reply 223
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
I reckon Dalglish is working wonders, and building a squad with a good english core. Great youth players coming up too.

I think Suarez is amazing, and Liverpool have a great chance of eclipsing arsenal in the top 4 next season.

Interesting. I've heard quite a few UTD fans say we haven't got a hope in hell for top 4. I think we certainly have especially if we shore our squad up further, which we will. I even think if we sign someone like Mata, a real quality player then we could challenge for the title possibly next season, although I'd be happy with top 4.
Original post by Pn94
Interesting. I've heard quite a few UTD fans say we haven't got a hope in hell for top 4. I think we certainly have especially if we shore our squad up further, which we will. I even think if we sign someone like Mata, a real quality player then we could challenge for the title possibly next season, although I'd be happy with top 4.

I think it'll be a challenge for liverpool to get top 4 yet alone challenge for the title. You still have to address your defence, gerrard is getting older. I do agree with quality wingers liverpool will do a lot better but where would that leave kuyt? if Carrol and Suarez up front, i personally feel kuyt plays better upfront.

If tottenham can keep their players and possibly add a striker who can finish well. They'll be a team to beat. With man city going to spend more as more. I can see the top 3 between man utd man city and chelsea. It all depends on wheter arsenal spends or not. I'm hoping all their players :colondollar: n we get nasri on the cheap :smile: but very unlikely.
Reply 225
Original post by Pn94

Shore up the squad? Mata?

People talk about shoring up a squad when they want strength in depth. Liverpool need to get a good first team before they need to worry about having a good squad. Take the line up that started against Tottenham.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Carragher, Spearing, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Carroll, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Kyrgiakos, Ngog, Cole, Poulsen, Robinson, Shelvey.

How many of those would start for Chelsea or United? Maybe Reina and one of the strikers (at a push). Granted you could include Gerrard and Meireles as well. The actual spine of Liverpool's team (if everyone is fit) is good (i.e. GK, DF, CM, ST). But there is a ton of dead weight in Liverpool's squad; and loaning out a midfielder who cost £20m is absolutely absurd by anyone's standards (let's ignore Manchester City!). A number of the older members need replacing very soon; Gerrard, like Lampard, can no longer be counted on and it seems that Dalglish sees Henderson as his replacement, but he will need time to be brought through.

I think Dalglish's policy of promoting young English players is probably a good idea for the long term, but I think he has ruthlessly used the unpopularity of Hodgson for his own benefit. Players like Konchesky and Poulsen could give you depth in the meantime.

Top four, maybe. It depends on whether Arsenal and Tottenham lose their important players. But there is absolutely no way that Liverpool are challenging for the title next season. Likewise, there is absolutely no way Mata is signing for Liverpool either.
Reply 226

Hernandez scores a nice back heel in the Gold Cup.
Thats 6 goals in 4 matches now.
Reply 227
**** Hernandez, the best thing about all these Gold Cup clips is easily that commentator, Sky really need to sign him up.

Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool. :sexface:
Think I would kill myself. Brazilian football is the same except that add theses weird super mario noises when people score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVrm1OL0V7o

Original post by JK.
**** Hernandez, the best thing about all these Gold Cup clips is easily that commentator, Sky really need to sign him up.

Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool Gooool. :sexface:

Thats the worst thing haha. I hate these spanish commentators. Funny for about 10 secs. Then the other 50 I'm like you dick did you not go to school?
Reply 230
Love it when they do that. :lol:
Original post by doggyfizzel

That is strange...
Reply 232
Original post by rorydaredking
Thats the worst thing haha. I hate these spanish commentators. Funny for about 10 secs. Then the other 50 I'm like you dick did you not go to school?

Let's be honest, the same could be said for most English commentators, at least you don't have to understand everything these say.

Is it just me or does everyone have the need to have commentary on when watching games, whether it be in Russian, Chinese, Spanish or whatever? :lol:
Of my friend has a clever tactic, not sure exactly how, but he mutes his streams, then syncs the play up with 5live, because can't stand foreign commentary. I find it quite funny, better than listening to Ray Wilkins jizz himself over Hernandez's movement, it's a good point to make once but not ever 3 minutes.
Reply 234
Original post by JK.
Is it just me or does everyone have the need to have commentary on when watching games, whether it be in Russian, Chinese, Spanish or whatever? :lol:

There needs to be something, football without sound is just wrong. But a couple of times i've found streams with no commentary when you can still hear the crowd etc, and that's quality :sogood:

Original post by JK.
Let's be honest, the same could be said for most English commentators, at least you don't have to understand everything these say.

yes it really does need commentary. dutch is a personal favourite. they're so calm whatever is happening.
Reply 236
Original post by Louis.
There needs to be something, football without sound is just wrong. But a couple of times i've found streams with no commentary when you can still hear the crowd etc, and that's quality :sogood:

Yeh, those are the best. :yep:

Original post by rorydaredking
yes it really does need commentary. dutch is a personal favourite. they're so calm whatever is happening.

Aye, always so calm...

Reply 237
Original post by doggyfizzel
Of my friend has a clever tactic, not sure exactly how, but he mutes his streams, then syncs the play up with 5live, because can't stand foreign commentary. I find it quite funny, better than listening to Ray Wilkins jizz himself over Hernandez's movement, it's a good point to make once but not ever 3 minutes.

:lolz: Ray Wilkins!

Original post by JK.
Yeh, those are the best. :yep:

Aye, always so calm...

I'm literally laughing out loud. That is so un dutch haha.
Original post by Lizzzle

Hernandez scores a nice back heel in the Gold Cup.
Thats 6 goals in 4 matches now.

Love it.

Latest