The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GirlyGirl

LOOOOOL if that's so then why are both my parents asian and why do i look practically white? colour of the skin has nothing to do with it. A lot of indian's have quite light skin so i think your wrong with that love :smile:

Actually, a lot of Indians are dark skinned, and constantly have adverts shoved in their faces telling them that there's something wrong with their skin and they should lighten it. I've read about one story where an Indian woman was being bullied by her husband and others for being dark, she then killed herself :s
Reply 41
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
Actually, a lot of Indians are dark skinned, and constantly have adverts shoved in their faces telling them that there's something wrong with their skin and they should lighten it. I've read about one story where an Indian woman was being bullied by her husband and others for being dark, she then killed herself :s

Oh :/ well i was just stating that fact because someone said that indian's want to be with white guys because they want light-skinned children which i feel is implying that we're shallow. I could be wrong :smile:
Original post by rhinger
Stay away from Indian girls :angry: :mob:

any particular reason why?
Original post by SirRamAlot
they should be rounded up and shot

That is so harsh. Wouldnt be surprised if you died old and alone.
Reply 44
Asian Men - Stay Away from White Underage Girls!!

Oh look it works both ways, racism makes me sick.
Original post by riotgrrl
I don't understand why these questions even need to be asked anymore :lolwut:

I know :yep: Maybe someone need to do a superthread about mixed race relationships (maybe like a mixed race relationships society perhaps) so that people can stop creating the same threads over and over again.
Original post by NovoStar93
racism makes me sick.

Same here, it disgusts and infuriates me :mad:
Original post by G8D
Seeing as I'm not Indian... I think it's entirely fine.

Wouldn't mind a bit of curry myself tbh.

dont be so ignorant
Reply 48
Fine

I think people need to stop thinking colour is a boundary to a relationship.

****s sake people stop judging colour
Reply 49

Oh look it works both ways, racism makes me sick.

lol, the whole article was a bit dodgy, girls having sex for burger meals lool.
Reply 50
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
I can agree with you that there is a problem with skin colour shades in south-asia, particularly India. Shadeism is really a form of casual racism. There are tons of adverts in India promoting skin lightening creams, implying that there's something wrong with having a colour of skin which is darker than medium-brown. I've seen students in my class being bullied by lightener skinned south-asians for having a darker tone - it really is sad.

I remember when I was watching Big Brother a few years ago, Shilpa Shetty was using skin lightening creams in the BB bathroom, and asked Jade Goody and her friends if she looked lighter. Then Jade Goody started laughing amongst her friends saying "she wants to be white". Shilpa Shetty thought that social attitude was the same in Britain as it was in India. Turns out she was wrong, to racist white people, they don't care how light an Indian is - they're still "P***" and brown people who aren't the same colour as them in their view.

I'm not indian or southeast asian so I can't say much about how Indians view it.
However in oriental cultures, we do prefer lighter skin tone on women, because it looks more delicate and pure, and this preference dates back to the time before we know white people exist. so i think it's more about the aesthetic value differences rather than 'casual racism' in many cases.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Most people in this country have no problem seeing an interracial relationship. I myself am really into white girls. But white girls don't go for Oriental guys :sad:.

I'm white and I don't mind oriental guys. :smile: I don't see the problem with interracial relationships...
Oh :/ well i was just stating that fact because someone said that indian's want to be with white guys because they want light-skinned children which i feel is implying that we're shallow. I could be wrong :smile:

It's really sad that societal pressure does this to us. I'm a white as you can get, and I get bullied for being pale, but I made stand against bowing down to pressure and having sun beds. Women, and men, should make a stand against this! I love ethnic diversity, Asian women are so beautiful, it really makes me sad.:frown:
Reply 53

That can be narrowed down to pakistani men. No need to generalise to asian
If they're happy then sure.
Original post by Indian_Prince
oi allow the hate on indian girls, hate the ones that do this sort of disgracefull crap but dont hate them all man :tongue:

Hi again! :tongue: anyway, are you saying it's disgraceful for them to be with white men? :mad: bit low of you, and racist.
Reply 56
Quite popular, very acceptable.
Reply 57
This threads full of generalisations anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
This threads full of generalisations anyway.

But as an indian myself, it disgusts me to read about the actions of these pakistanis who give 'asians' a bad name
Reply 59
Original post by linnynewby
I'm white and I don't mind oriental guys. :smile: I don't see the problem with interracial relationships...

That doesn't mean that you or other white girls find Oriental guys attractive though :frown:.

Latest

Trending

Trending