The Student Room Group

C4 June 11 Edexcel - MODEL ANSWERS AND PAPER NOW IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
i would say nailed on

arsey, on question 8, i did everything the same, but i managed to put a 2 infront of the (4y+3)^0.5 thus my C value was slightly different. but i did all methof identical, what would i be looking at out of 6? 3 or 4 maybe?
Original post by akbawan
hey u no for the binomial question
why was it not possible to sqaure root the bottom bit of the fraction and then raise to the power of minus one?

I think Arsey answered this for me
Original post by Arsey
model answers are now in the first post. Last attachment in the list

Thanks so much for what you do. Thought I may as well get my questions out of the way and I'm sure a lot will want to know this. For question 2 I didn't think you could expand with x^2 so I wrote out the equation and did it for 3+ 2x even though I knew it was wrong. Can I expect any marks at all? Also a bit less important I did the vector length with tan instead of sin (kicking myself) how many marks will I lose if all prior working was correct? Thanks in advance
Reply 2703
Original post by akbawan
hey u no for the binomial question
why was it not possible to sqaure root the bottom bit of the fraction and then raise to the power of minus one?

9 + 4x^2 is not (3 + 2x)^2
Original post by TwilightKnight
Do you actually try to be obnoxious or does it just come naturally?

looooooooooooooooool......how am i being obnoxious? its hard to remember answers for c4....:colone:
I reckon I got 69/75, how much UMS do guys think that is? :smile:
Reply 2706
Original post by Arsey
Gibbo is doing FP2, I am doing FP1

Arsey, how many marks would I lose if i left the area of R as 2ln2 + 1, ie forgot to multiply the 1/2 ?
Original post by JK471993
My heart has just stopped. I missed question 8! Where was it?

please tell me you are joking :|
Reply 2708
Original post by fruktas
It was sucha nice paper! Not too simple, actually required some workings. I was checking the solutions, and Arsey, your +c on the left hand side freaked me out for a moment , I thought I got it wrong :biggrin:

so is c plus 1 on the right hand side?!
Couldn't c for the last question be +1 cos it depends on where you put the + c after integration?
Reply 2710
Original post by Arsey
yes you can not root it.

9 + 4x^2 is not (3 + 2x)^2

i forgot to changes the limits on q7c, but got the integration bit right, how many marks Arsey?
Wow, I am SO surprised everybody found this relatively easy!

EVERYBODY in my class and the year above said this paper was by far the hardest they've done. Harder than the solomon papers.
Reply 2712
Original post by 20100
Arsey, how many marks would I lose if i left the area of R as 2ln2 + 1, ie forgot to multiply the 1/2 ?

2 prob, I would say
Reply 2713
Fairly easy paper, I was havin sleepless nights ppl tellin me it's gona be a nightmare after the mickey mouse jan paper.
Reply 2714
hey arsey if i got the first part for the differential equation last ques, how many marks will ilose if i did everything else right?
I loveee you by the way, just awesome u are
72~74/75. :P

Only needed 80 though. :biggrin:
Was hard, luckily all i need is 80% for an A* helps beasting c3 :wink:
I think I've got 75 in this, looks like I've done everything right. But just in case... what do you expect grade boundaries to be?
Reply 2718
Arsey, my two possible mistakes:

On the integration by substitution question I left my answer as 1/2 - ln1/2, will I still get the marks since it adds to the same value as 1/2 +ln2?...?

And on the vectors question I worked out AB wrong, I did A-B instead of B-A, schoolboy error i know, but for the modulus therefore I got 2root 11 instead of 2root14.... i used 2root11xsin69.1 and got an answer of 6.2, instead of 6.99.. i drew a diagram too, so how many marks will i lose for this?

Thank you.
So guys what do you think grade boundaries are gonna be?
Can we set up a poll??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending