The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by stroppyninja
got about 85 pints of cider (70 now!) that we made from apples from a friend's orchard. Soo much nicer than anything you can buy :smile:

Do you know the traditional way of working out when your scrumpy is ready?

Spoiler

85 pints? :awesome: Wanna be my friend? Somehow my 3.5l is looking sort of insignificant now...

A dead mouse or a live one? A trip to the pet shop is clearly in order.
Original post by LiamTheKook
You're right there. Would love one right now, but unfortunately cider and an exam tomorrow morning probably don't bode well. Fortunately, a long summer will more than make up for it.

Haha you still have an exam? Shaaaame :smug:

(Good luck :colondollar:)

Long summers, cold ciders, loud music, friends :coma: perfection.
Reply 62
Has anyone ever been to Sheppy's cider farm in Taunton? Picked myself up 2 x 10litres of the sweet stuff recently.

:sogood:
Original post by superwolf
85 pints? :awesome: Wanna be my friend? Somehow my 3.5l is looking sort of insignificant now...

A dead mouse or a live one? A trip to the pet shop is clearly in order.

hehe, 69 pints now :P Damn, I love an ice cold pint while gardening in the sun ^^
Hmm, I suppose either mouse would do. I mean, it will be dead when it dissolves anyways :biggrin:
Reply 64
*****I'm thinking this Friday for our inaugural booze up, opinions? Be sure to stock up on cider!*****
Reply 65
^^ I go to the gym on Fridays :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by GQ.
^^ I go to the gym on Fridays :frown:

All night? Surely this will just enable you to build up a proper thirst.
Reply 67
All night? Surely this will just enable you to build up a proper thirst.

lol not all night. Probs till about 11. Ahh cider after gym :colone:
Reply 68
Original post by GQ.
lol not all night. Probs till about 11. Ahh cider after gym :colone:

I can assure you there'll be no danger of us stopping before 11. :nah:
There's definitely not enough mention of real cider in this thread...I mean Kopperbergs just a overly-sweet, fizzy kids pop! Something more like Beesting (a beautiful perry that tastes in no way alcoholic...definitely feels it though!), Cheddar Valley (Luminous Orange, need I say more), Moonshine ( "It'll melt yer face off!!" As my mate was told at a Wurzels gig on friday night on a farm in Dorset) are just a few splendid examples!
Reply 70
Original post by Moet et Kirst-don
There's definitely not enough mention of real cider in this thread...I mean Kopperbergs just a overly-sweet, fizzy kids pop! Something more like Beesting (a beautiful perry that tastes in no way alcoholic...definitely feels it though!), Cheddar Valley (Luminous Orange, need I say more), Moonshine ( "It'll melt yer face off!!" As my mate was told at a Wurzels gig on friday night on a farm in Dorset) are just a few splendid examples!

A connoisseur! Excellent. I hope you'll take it upon yourself to educate us - I could do with learning more about cider - and will join in with the Friday night piss up.

The beesting sounds especially good, I was planning on making some perry next.
*****I'm thinking this Friday for our inaugural booze up, opinions? Be sure to stock up on cider!*****

Won't be able to, friend who doesn't drink will still be here AND I need to be at work at 8am the next day.
Reply 72
Original post by rmhumphries
Won't be able to, friend who doesn't drink will still be here AND I need to be at work at 8am the next day.

Unlucky. If enough people can't do Friday then I'll change it, but for now I'll keep it as is. Might see if I can make a poll...
Unlucky. If enough people can't do Friday then I'll change it, but for now I'll keep it as is. Might see if I can make a poll...

Keep it as Friday for now, as most people seem happy, then I will just join the next event we have :smile:
Might as well come and say hi. The flag sort of gives away why I joined :p:
Reply 75
I joined to show my love. So far I've found there's been a tad too much talk of Kopparberg/Magners/Bulmers and even people associating the word "good" and "Strongbow"
Yesterday I got a bottle of the Dunkerton's Organic and Henney's Dry. Had the Organic last night, will probably have the Henney's tonight.
Westons is usually very good, though I've gone off Old Rosie quite a bit, I find it too sickly.

I've noticed some people saying that the stella artois cider is like a copy of strongbow, but I'd say that they're pretty different in that Strongbow is an "English" dry cider, while Stella is a Belgian sweet cider. I virtually always prefer dry cider, but of the two I would have the stella as it doesn't taste of vomit. Assuming that price is not an issue as the stella is really rather expensive!
Original post by Manitude
I've noticed some people saying that the stella artois cider is like a copy of strongbow, but I'd say that they're pretty different

Both taste like ****, what's the difference? :p:
I need to get my ass to Cider festivals soon. The cider section in Canterbury International market was amazing. Can't rememeber what it was called (Old wives tale or something like that) but their strawberry cider was lovely. That was a dry one.

Just need to take more money with me next time to try more than one :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Loz17
Might as well come and say hi. The flag sort of gives away why I joined :p:

:hello: Seeing some good society crossover here, excellent stuff. Had to google the flag though. :colondollar:
Original post by Manitude
I joined to show my love. So far I've found there's been a tad too much talk of Kopparberg/Magners/Bulmers and even people associating the word "good" and "Strongbow"
Yesterday I got a bottle of the Dunkerton's Organic and Henney's Dry. Had the Organic last night, will probably have the Henney's tonight.
Westons is usually very good, though I've gone off Old Rosie quite a bit, I find it too sickly.

I've noticed some people saying that the stella artois cider is like a copy of strongbow, but I'd say that they're pretty different in that Strongbow is an "English" dry cider, while Stella is a Belgian sweet cider. I virtually always prefer dry cider, but of the two I would have the stella as it doesn't taste of vomit. Assuming that price is not an issue as the stella is really rather expensive!

Henney's is my all time faaaaavourite cider, I love it so. Have you ever been to the Weston's factory? I went on a cider cycle tour around Hereford for my birthday and we went for a tour around Westons, it was ace, you were allowed to sample any of the ciders and perries that they sell! We sampled LOTS. I would recommend it.

I have yet to find a decent commercial perry that I like, unfortunately. Gregg's Pitt perry is amazing though.
:hello: Seeing some good society crossover here, excellent stuff. Had to google the flag though. :colondollar:

Of course :p: dont expect everyone to know the flag so don't worry.

Ooo, Diesel is another good cider (not the actual fuel :shifty:)

Quick Reply

Latest