The Student Room Group

Confusion about Boots (telephone) interview offer?? Anyone work for Boots?

I have just got an email saying I have passed the first stage and have been invited for a telephone interview. The first email directed me to a page to book an interview slot, then I got an email confirming the interview time I picked. It said then that the interview would be in their Nottingham centre... Confused! Do I ring them up for a telephone interview first or what? They don't have a number or even email down to contact them. I'm assuming now that it's both but I'm not sure. Anyone have any experience with Boots?

(Also I'm a little p***ed off as I have been looking for work for the last 8 months and I get 2 interviews in different places on the same day lol Methinks someone is plotting against me!)
Original post by Sprockette
I have just got an email saying I have passed the first stage and have been invited for a telephone interview. The first email directed me to a page to book an interview slot, then I got an email confirming the interview time I picked. It said then that the interview would be in their Nottingham centre... Confused! Do I ring them up for a telephone interview first or what? They don't have a number or even email down to contact them. I'm assuming now that it's both but I'm not sure. Anyone have any experience with Boots?

(Also I'm a little p***ed off as I have been looking for work for the last 8 months and I get 2 interviews in different places on the same day lol Methinks someone is plotting against me!)

What happened in the end? I have a Boots telephone interview booked in 2 days time and am feeling a tad nervous =/ when you give them details in your application you have to include a phone number so I assume that is how they contacted you??
Reply 2
Original post by Disenchanted
What happened in the end? I have a Boots telephone interview booked in 2 days time and am feeling a tad nervous =/ when you give them details in your application you have to include a phone number so I assume that is how they contacted you??

In the end it went fine. It wasn't too formal. And yeah, they just rang my mobile that I had put in the application. There was a slight problem on their end so they rang me a few hours early to reschedule but other than that it was fine - nothing to worry about! She asked about qualifications and described the job, that was basically it. It didn't take as long as they had said either (which is probably a bad thing!).
In the end it went fine. It wasn't too formal. And yeah, they just rang my mobile that I had put in the application. There was a slight problem on their end so they rang me a few hours early to reschedule but other than that it was fine - nothing to worry about! She asked about qualifications and described the job, that was basically it. It didn't take as long as they had said either (which is probably a bad thing!).

Oh phew that's a relief! I was thinking I'd have to plan out essay answers for when they ask lovely questions such as 'what's been your most challenging experience to date' or 'describe a time a customer was unruly and how did you deal with it'. I hate being asked those sorts of q's on the spot I just clam up! Yeah the website says the interview will take one hour :eek: how long was yours? One hour is pretty redonkulous.
Reply 4
Original post by Disenchanted
Oh phew that's a relief! I was thinking I'd have to plan out essay answers for when they ask lovely questions such as 'what's been your most challenging experience to date' or 'describe a time a customer was unruly and how did you deal with it'. I hate being asked those sorts of q's on the spot I just clam up! Yeah the website says the interview will take one hour :eek: how long was yours? One hour is pretty redonkulous.

I know, when I saw the 1 hour I was thinking, "How the hell can they keep you an hour, what can they ask??" but no, mine was 15-20 minutes I think - I've forgotten already! She said they'll get onto me again if the telephone interview went ok and call me back for a 2nd face to face interview.

What is the interview for? Good luck!
I know, when I saw the 1 hour I was thinking, "How the hell can they keep you an hour, what can they ask??" but no, mine was 15-20 minutes I think - I've forgotten already! She said they'll get onto me again if the telephone interview went ok and call me back for a 2nd face to face interview.

What is the interview for? Good luck!

Full time customer service advisor! Only applied this morning, wasn't expecting a text back so fast saying I was though to the telephone stage! Thanks for your help, I'm feeling much less worried now :smile: And good luck with your application :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending