Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black/mixed-race students

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many are there in your college? Just wondering as a general question, wanted personal answers. I visited for a while a little time ago and noticed there was NO diversity (not debating whether this is a fault/issue), apart from at an AC event hahah. I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyclown)
    How many are there in your college? Just wondering as a general question, wanted personal answers. I visited for a while a little time ago and noticed there was NO diversity (not debating whether this is a fault/issue), apart from at an AC event hahah. I know it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.
    I am at University now where they are less than fifty black/mixed/South Asian people. At college there were about 20 out of 1000, but this was in rural England and in 2001
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    There's 2% black and mixed population in the UK

Are people ****ing stupid or what? Damn
    As of 2009 black people were about 3% of the population and mixed race were 2% of the population meaning that every one in twenty should be black or mixed race. There's almost 19000 students at Cambridge and there is not 1000 black or mixed race students.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Now take into consideration other factors, like amount of black graduates.... and so on?

It's like going to poland and asking where the **** are all the ****** at lol? STUPID
    Law of averages says he is right so stop moaning plz m8
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    When i went to the open day, my dad was teh only black person we ever saw in the university (emmanuel college) and i was probably one of few mixed race students
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    At my university, there are about 15% Caucasians. You do the maths.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2011
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.