The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Which accommodation do I pick?

Hi all!
I am starting (hopefully) Manchester Metropolitan University this September!
I will be on the All Saints campus and can apply for accommodation from the 4th of April!

I need your help.
Can I have your experiences on your halls.

BRIARFIELDS HALL
CAMBRIDGE HALL
CAVENDISH HALL
OXFORD COURT

Considering I have a boyfriend, who will want to come and visit and stay while I am at uni, what are the halls like with having people to stay etc?

:smile: Many thanks in advance !
I am going to man met in september for history too, so those are the hall i'm considering too.
I think Briarfields looks the nicest but I've not visited yet!
What are you studying?
xx
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by emilyrosehpkns

I am going to man met in september for history too, so those are the hall i'm considering too.
What are you studying?
xx

Hi, I'm going to man met to study history too! have you applied for your accommodation yet? I've put Cambridge as my first option, i read a lot about it being busier, Briarsfield with ensuite is my second. xxx
Reply 3
Hi! I'm joining in September too (politics) but it depends what you're after!

If you want en-suite that rules a couple out.
From what I've heard, Cambridge is more of a 'party hall' but I've not lived there myself.
Please dont go to briafields my best friend was there as i went uni two years ago and left its horrible. go to wilmslow thats really nice, expensive but worth it x
Reply 5
What are you studying?
xx

whayy, iv applied for briars to, and im doing history, see you there x
Reply 6
Hey,
I've lived in Cavendish this year and while its not particularly pretty, i have to say that in my opinion its one of the best on the social scale of things. Its not set out into small flats, but as a kinda corridor set up, so you can basically easily meet everyone in the hall in their kitchens without having to knock on any doors! I met almost everyone on my floor (going on 40-50 people?) in the first few weeks. I really dont regret living there, though the beds are small!
Having people round isnt a problem at all, your meant to sign them in but by the end of the year the security tend to recognise people if they come often so my boyfriend basically just walks in now and i just let him though the security door.
But if your looking for major comfort and prettyness, cavendish may not be for you!
Its also the cheapest, if thats a factor :smile:
I am condsidering on Victoria, Oxford and Daisy Bank Halls. How are those? I'd definetely prefer en-suite, but I am wondering whether to pick Daisy Bank or Cambridge instead? I will be All Saints Campus, it's not that far away, but isn't Daisy Bank somewhat "off the road"?

Just another question: What's the difference between En-suite and Deluxe at Victoria Hall? :biggrin:

As I went through some threads I read people saying thing like "move anywhere, but not into student Village" - but why? (saying student village means All Saints Campus area, I guess?)
Reply 8
Mates lived in Cmabridge and I loved it everytime i was there. Always parties and its very sociable. Made me regret picking the accommodation i did.
Original post by ellaroseedods
Hi, I'm going to man met to study history too! have you applied for your accommodation yet? I've put Cambridge as my first option, i read a lot about it being busier, Briarsfield with ensuite is my second. xxx

I can't wait to go! I've viewed park view, i have to go to private halls because i live too near to the uni :frown: i would have loved cambridge too! But park view is supposed to be really lively! It cost £112 a week though it was one of the cheapest and i'm ****ting myself about being skint! haha! Have you applied for the accommodation now? xxx
Reply 10
Cambridge is the best, I speak from experience. Generally the bigger the better is a good rule of thumb; no-one goes into halls for a placid, serene experience.
Reply 11
Original post by rosie.keeping
Hi all!
I am starting (hopefully) Manchester Metropolitan University this September!
I will be on the All Saints campus and can apply for accommodation from the 4th of April!

I need your help.
Can I have your experiences on your halls.

BRIARFIELDS HALL
CAMBRIDGE HALL
CAVENDISH HALL
OXFORD COURT

Considering I have a boyfriend, who will want to come and visit and stay while I am at uni, what are the halls like with having people to stay etc?

:smile: Many thanks in advance !

Oxford court/Briarfield are the easiest to have visitors as you have to either sneek or sign people in if you live in Cavendish/Cambridge. Plus they have bigger rooms which is a plus when someone is staying a few days as Cam/Cav gets quite cramped.

However, I lived in oxford and its really quiet and I would have much preferred living in Cambridge to be honest.
Original post by Hellliin
Oxford court/Briarfield are the easiest to have visitors as you have to either sneek or sign people in if you live in Cavendish/Cambridge.

True on Cavendish and Cambridge - security are always on gate and if you don't live there you wont get in trust me - me and my friend tried (we lived in Wilmslow) with friends that lived at Cambridge.

Cambridge is the largest of the halls with there being 14 people to a flat living with shared bathroom facilities. Cavendish is next one down with 10 people to a flat again with shared bathroom. so you'll be chasing for the hot water i expect for showers.
Overall all 4 of your choices are literally next to each other in proximity.
Reply 13
Original post by jojospacemunky
True on Cavendish and Cambridge - security are always on gate and if you don't live there you wont get in trust me - me and my friend tried (we lived in Wilmslow) with friends that lived at Cambridge.

Cambridge is the largest of the halls with there being 14 people to a flat living with shared bathroom facilities. Cavendish is next one down with 10 people to a flat again with shared bathroom. so you'll be chasing for the hot water i expect for showers.
Overall all 4 of your choices are literally next to each other in proximity.

There are 10 bedrooms in Cambridge as well btw :smile:
Cambridge Halls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending