The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

i think i got an AABB, with an A in maths, A in either Biology or Chemistry ( i was borderline on both of em i reckon ), and B's for physics and again a B for the other subject i dont get an A in ( biology or chemistry ), ive also got work experience lined up so things are looking up for me for once :smile:

applying to De montfort, Portsmouth, UEA, Hertfordshire and Brighton.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
If anyone has any questions, I'm a 2011 pharmacy applicant. So I'm happy to help.
Applied to Manchester, UEA, Notts, Sunderland and Keele.
Firm is Notts, insurance Keele. Good luck!
Reply 22
Original post by Lauraaa12
Ahhhh, thats good then. I should really look around for w/e
Ohh, i'm not sure about that, i'll just hope luck is on my side!

just look for a pharmacy placement for a week or so better that nothing i suppose some people have no work experience and get in lol
Reply 23
Original post by MattyC93
If anyone has any questions, I'm a 2011 pharmacy applicant. So I'm happy to help.

how was the keele interview questions asked and your offer?
Reply 24
Original post by kingam
how was the keele interview questions asked and your offer?

The interview was actually one of my harder ones, one Keele proffessor enforced the fact that they are more interested in the person than their academic ability (although academics obviously do count aswell). If I remember rightly we all had to do these questions on paper about ethics, then we had an interview but I can't remember all the questions I was asked (it was about 7 months ago). Pretty sure it was the standard why pharmacy, why keele, why not medicine etc. Then they also asked us about our answers to the questions we were given previously. My offer was BBB from Keele.
Reply 25
The interview was actually one of my harder ones, one Keele proffessor enforced the fact that they are more interested in the person than their academic ability (although academics obviously do count aswell). If I remember rightly we all had to do these questions on paper about ethics, then we had an interview but I can't remember all the questions I was asked (it was about 7 months ago). Pretty sure it was the standard why pharmacy, why keele, why not medicine etc. Then they also asked us about our answers to the questions we were given previously. My offer was BBB from Keele.

kk thanks what were your as grades dont mind me asking
Reply 26
Original post by kingam
kk thanks what were your as grades dont mind me asking

No that's fine. Chemistry was A, biology I think I just missed an A by 2 marks but in my A2 year I resat C/W, maths was actually a C at the time of applying.
Reply 27
No that's fine. Chemistry was A, biology I think I just missed an A by 2 marks but in my A2 year I resat C/W, maths was actually a C at the time of applying.

i think my as grades going to let me down :frown: do you know any people with low as and got offers from keele?
Reply 28
Original post by kingam
i think my as grades going to let me down :frown: do you know any people with low as and got offers from keele?

Don't worry about it too much. There was people with worse grades than me at Manchester and I'm quite sure they got offers, don't know so much about Keele but I imagine so! When you apply your teachers give predicted grades in, if you can convince them that you'll work hard and get good grades then you will be alright.

Make sure you have a strong personal statement, apply early and try your best to get a gleaming reference from your referee. Usually someone like your head of sixth form does it, in my case she'd taught me for 3 years so, win!
Reply 29
Don't worry about it too much. There was people with worse grades than me at Manchester and I'm quite sure they got offers, don't know so much about Keele but I imagine so! When you apply your teachers give predicted grades in, if you can convince them that you'll work hard and get good grades then you will be alright.

Make sure you have a strong personal statement, apply early and try your best to get a gleaming reference from your referee. Usually someone like your head of sixth form does it, in my case she'd taught me for 3 years so, win!

haha lucky guy
Reply 30
I've looked at medway but because its not campus based and medways a bit out so i'm not keen on that :frown:

has anyone got many open days booked?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Lambo_93
I've looked at medway but because its not campus based and medways a bit out so i'm not keen on that :frown:

has anyone got many open days booked?

How was medway got an open evening invite but didnt go
Reply 32
Original post by kingam
How was medway got an open evening invite but didnt go

Ah I mean looked through prospectus :P
Reply 33
Original post by kingam
yh boots pharmacy hopefully for 2 weeks i think interviews are good tbh show off there haha just stay cool im sure you will do well x

how did you get work experience in boots, did you go to the actual store or call the head office, i'm having real problems in finding work experience :/ what's the best way to get it?
Reply 34

is work experience in a pharmacy essential, can you get an offer without having any work experience?
thanks
Reply 35
Hello i want to apply for pharmacy but i havent got grade B at English language and Maths which is what most universities want and my teacher told me that they wont even consider me if i havent got the GCSE's i am resitting them but he said there is no point as my application will be already sent off is this true?? and what can i do if it is?
Reply 36
Original post by lagoom
is work experience in a pharmacy essential, can you get an offer without having any work experience?
thanks

I wouldn't say it's essential, I met people at my interviews who didn't have experience and they got offers. It's good to try and get some work experience though, even if it's only a week. It will help you when applying, and it's good to see a pharmacist working!
Reply 37
Original post by Sod1umm
Hello i want to apply for pharmacy but i havent got grade B at English language and Maths which is what most universities want and my teacher told me that they wont even consider me if i havent got the GCSE's i am resitting them but he said there is no point as my application will be already sent off is this true?? and what can i do if it is?

When are you resitting? You can send off your application with certain qualifications set to "Pending" because you're resitting them. You can always tell them at interviews about the situation!
Reply 38
I wouldn't say it's essential, I met people at my interviews who didn't have experience and they got offers. It's good to try and get some work experience though, even if it's only a week. It will help you when applying, and it's good to see a pharmacist working!

How do i apply for work experience, because now i have decided a career in pharmacy i'm not sure what to do to get 1 week worth of experience.
Would i need a reference from sixth form? Also, would they allow students to work at the pharmacist?

thanks
Reply 39
Original post by lagoom
how did you get work experience in boots, did you go to the actual store or call the head office, i'm having real problems in finding work experience :/ what's the best way to get it?

just go in and ask them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending