The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think ours are 59/69 too but I can't remember properly :P
Hi guys! Love this thread been following it for a while whilst I have been going through my mcdonalds employment process. Went to my welcome meeting last night! My first shift is sunday. Quick question...

What is my first day of being a customer care assistant likely to be like?

cheers :smile:
Reply 3942
Original post by camsadge
With milk not ready press the button underneath the milk heater twice then keep clicking the drink you want and it tricks it and lets you make it when milk is cold. Wish my store had 3 machine though only have 2 on weekends milk is always too cold

We just get boiling water and stick the temp probe in that haha
Reply 3943
I've got my OJE/Interview on monday! Just wondering what i should wear..?
Original post by bronn
I've got my OJE/Interview on monday! Just wondering what i should wear..?

This has been asked many times in this thread already!! Why not just search it??
Either way, something smart but not overly. So Black Trousers and a blouse or something. But not a whole suit etc.
Reply 3945
Original post by Stephhcharlene
This has been asked many times in this thread already!! Why not just search it??
Either way, something smart but not overly. So Black Trousers and a blouse or something. But not a whole suit etc.

Would be so good if there was a way to get these types of questions and answered edited into the OP or something, would be so much simpler than the same questions being asked again and again :p:

Yesterday a bunch of people from my store (myself included) got interviewed by Investors in People. McDonalds has a gold status with them, and they're being reassessed, so people from random stores were getting interviewed and stuff. Quite chuffed that I was picked as the crew trainer to be interviewed :p: Was quite scared about it, but the woman was really nice and stuff and we had a good chat, and it got me out half an hour of my shift!
Reply 3946
Original post by Stephhcharlene

Because there's like 190 odd pages so i thought asking would be simpler.....
thanks anyway.
Reply 3947
Ever notice that as soon as you run out of something people suddenly want it?

Our Coke Zero has been off for about a week. I swear I only used to sell one a shift if I was lucky and now that it's broken I get people asking for it all the time :s-smilie:
Argh, I'm getting very frustrated about the lack of information about when my shifts are. I've had my training last weekend and they told me my first shift (which is only 3 hours, today, 7-10). I emailed the lady that deals with recruitment on monday because I don't have contact details for my manager, and she hasn't replied to me. My friends are going camping on thursday and friday and I'd like to know whether I'll be working then. Any suggestions? Am I likely to find out during my first shift today? McTime does't seem to be working for me, I don't think they've activated it for me yet or whatever.
hmmmmm bigmac
Original post by MEGHAN__x
Hi guys! Love this thread been following it for a while whilst I have been going through my mcdonalds employment process. Went to my welcome meeting last night! My first shift is sunday. Quick question...

What is my first day of being a customer care assistant likely to be like?

cheers :smile:

You'll get your uniform, although they might just give you a crew member uniform and not a customer care one to start, as the badge needs to be ordered and they often don't keep the shirts in stock.

You'll be put onto dining area (probably, my first 2 shifts were spent backing on tills because the person who was supposed to be training me was sick).

You'll be shown basically what your job is by an existing and experienced customer care assistant who should be able to answer any questions you have, and they'll take their break at the same time as you, showing you how to clock in/out and record what food you took.

It's normally not a full-length shift, and the next time you come in, you'll be expected to do a lot more yourself.
Hi was just wondering if your meant to pick up your uniform before your first shift or just wait and collect it then?
Reply 3952
Original post by dottylottie
Hi was just wondering if your meant to pick up your uniform before your first shift or just wait and collect it then?

I got mine at my welcome meeting, I assume if you didn't get yours then then you'll just get it on your first shift :smile:
Reply 3953
Original post by Stacks
Ever notice that as soon as you run out of something people suddenly want it?

Our Coke Zero has been off for about a week. I swear I only used to sell one a shift if I was lucky and now that it's broken I get people asking for it all the time :s-smilie:

It is definitely a conspiracy. I swear I have more people per shift asking for big tastys when they are not available than when they are. Milkshakes shoot up in popularity when the machine breaks. Everyone needs a 4 cup holder when you have just run out and people insist on paying with £20 notes when you have just run out of notes and pound coins.

Does anyone else get the "there is no bacon in this big tasty" complaint when what they really mean is "i can't see bacon round the sides and I cba to open it and take a look"?
Original post by fwed1
Does anyone else get the "there is no bacon in this big tasty" complaint when what they really mean is "i can't see bacon round the sides and I cba to open it and take a look"?

Fairly often! Yesterday someone told the customer to lift it up properly but she failed and insisted that there was none, so just handed her a new one. Before binning it it got pulled apart and there was indeed bacon. :p:
*insert usual bad treatment of employees rant here*

I so feel like phoning up tomorrow and quitting.
Hey Wondering If I could get some advice, since theres alot of people here who have worked at Mcdonalds for a long time.

Yesterday my til was down at the end of my shift.

Half way through the lunch hour rush I noticed that there were different denominations of coins in some of the moneybags which I had weighed for my float in the morning. Would this have led to an inaccurate float?

Also someone else(shift manager) used my til during the lunch hour rush because I was instructed to clean up a spill of ice cream behind the counter. I had to help on a few orders also.

The manager also did a refund but didn't input it into the til so there was no refund receipt printed off for me to sign.

Obviously I'm not happy about this at all because when it came to cashing up, it was short so I got a retraining slip.

If i'm right, on the cash procedure for dealings with +/-, I shouldn't have got a retraining slip because someone else used my til(going by the flow chart on the cash office wall) and not to mention the refund not being taken into account and the possibility of the inaccurate float count due to mixed coins.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Other people using other peoples tils in rife in our restaurant and a few of the managers are aware(and pissed off about it) but nothing has been done as of yet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3957
I applied 9 days ago now, and the website application status still says 'Considering'. I feel like I'm being impatient, but everyone else seems to have gotten emails pretty quickly, whether they were successful or not.

I'm hoping no news is good news right now.
Original post by IGX_RSV2
Hey Wondering If I could get some advice, since theres alot of people here who have worked at Mcdonalds for a long time.

Yesterday my til was down at the end of my shift.

Half way through the lunch hour rush I noticed that there were different denominations of coins in some of the moneybags which I had weighed for my float in the morning. Would this have led to an inaccurate float?

Also someone else(shift manager) used my til during the lunch hour rush because I was instructed to clean up a spill of ice cream behind the counter. I had to help on a few orders also.

The manager also did a refund but didn't input it into the til so there was no refund receipt printed off for me to sign.

Obviously I'm not happy about this at all because when it came to cashing up, it was short so I got a retraining slip.

If i'm right, on the cash procedure for dealings with +/-, I shouldn't have got a retraining slip because someone else used my til(going by the flow chart on the cash office wall) and not to mention the refund not being taken into account and the possibility of the inaccurate float count due to mixed coins.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Other people using other peoples tils in rife in our restaurant and a few of the managers are aware(and pissed off about it) but nothing has been done as of yet.

You are right - you should not have had a retraining slip. Especially because of the unentered refund. However, at the end of the day the retraining slip has already been given and you probably should have contested it more then. I do know how you feel though, my first shift on till by myself I racked up a large number of T reds because I still wasn't very confident. I ended up getting a slip for that shift and I felt pretty cheated. I spoke to my business manager the next day but there wasn't a lot she could do about it - other than empathise.

Bare in mind that you need something like 6 retraining slips for a warning and 12 for a dismissal in either 6 or 12 months! Other than that, they really don't mean anything at all.

As for your reasons, lots of us at my store use each others tills, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be. Also, I don't know why you had mixed bags of change?! But I assume that if you counted it you would have known it would be £100, regardless of what was in what bag? Sorry we don't make our own floats so I can't really comment on that too much!

Just try not to let it get to you :smile:
Original post by jennieec
You are right - you should not have had a retraining slip. Especially because of the unentered refund. However, at the end of the day the retraining slip has already been given and you probably should have contested it more then. I do know how you feel though, my first shift on till by myself I racked up a large number of T reds because I still wasn't very confident. I ended up getting a slip for that shift and I felt pretty cheated. I spoke to my business manager the next day but there wasn't a lot she could do about it - other than empathise.

Bare in mind that you need something like 6 retraining slips for a warning and 12 for a dismissal in either 6 or 12 months! Other than that, they really don't mean anything at all.

As for your reasons, lots of us at my store use each others tills, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be. Also, I don't know why you had mixed bags of change?! But I assume that if you counted it you would have known it would be £100, regardless of what was in what bag? Sorry we don't make our own floats so I can't really comment on that too much!

Just try not to let it get to you :smile:

When we make our floats, we use a machine that weighs it for us. We have to select individually and then weigh e.g. Select 1p on the machine then put our moneybags with 1ps onto the machine. Chances are that the machine has been set to say 10p so it weighs everything as 10ps even if theres different denominations say if I put a bag of 10ps and a few 5ps on it.

I'm going to try and speak to my business manager when I have my next shift.

How come your business manager couldn't do anything about your retraining slip?

I know mine is a very different situation to yours though since a manager didn't follow the correct procedures themselves.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending