The Student Room Group

Is it normal for your boobs to hurt when you don't wear a bra?

(((Please keep anonymous because people know me on here)))

I hardly ever wear a bra (only on special occasions i.e. night out) because I don't need one but recently my left breast has been hurting quite a bit. :/

I came off my period just over two weeks ago.

I'm wondering if wearing a bra would make the pain stop? It is pretty uncomfortable, especially when the inside of my arm hits it. :frown:

I really don't like wearing a bra, though. I find them to be incredibly uncomfortable/a nuisance. :s-smilie:
I will remember your name when you post :colone:

anon fail
Reply 2
Lol at the anon fail.
But maybe try a bra and see if it feels better than not wearing one I guess?
Original post by dior

I hardly ever wear a bra

LOL I'm telling everyone
Pregnant?
Reply 5
wow, this is gonna get a bit pervy
Reply 6
Try a bra, no harm on trying eh? But if it doesnt maybe go to the GP? I dunno :dontknow:
Reply 7
pahaha anon fail...... :P
Reply 8
The worst anon fail ever! Just delete the thread.
The only time I don't wear a bra is in bed or in the shower.

I don't get how people can go around without them on ...:colonhash:
Reply 10
anon fail :teehee:
Reply 11
Have you been exercising more recently? My left boob was hurting more when I started exercising again.
I assume you have checked for any lumps etc
Original post by dior

I hardly ever wear a bra (only on special occasions i.e. night out) because I don't need one but recently my left breast has been hurting quite a bit. :/

I'm wondering if wearing a bra would make the pain stop? It is pretty uncomfortable, especially when the inside of my arm hits it. :frown:

I really don't like wearing a bra, though. I find them to be incredibly uncomfortable/a nuisance. :s-smilie:

I doubt the pain is to do with wearing or not wearing a bra, it's more likely to be something else. Innocent causes could be:
- 'Growing pains' - if you are still developing they just get painful sometimes.
- Some people get pain at certain times in their period cycle, although if this has never occured before that might not be likely.
- You might have hurt one/both of your breasts, maybe bruised or something without realising.
If it is one of these, wearing a padded bra could reduce pain caused by your arm hitting them, but apart from that, I expect it wouldn't make much difference.

Finally, with things like this, if the pain continues, it is always a good idea to....

:doctor:

Because you never know what the cause could be, and it's better safe than sorry.
:smile:
Original post by dior

Yeah, especially if they're big. Get a bra fitting, if you're wearing the right size they shouldn't be uncomfortable. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending