The Student Room Group

Official St George Medicine Offers thread

Scroll to see replies

Good luck people. :smile:

I'm almost finished with my second year at George's. I'll be at King's (intercalating) next year so you'll only see me at discos / shows like fashion show, revue etc.
Reply 61
Does anyone know if we need to provide photocopies of our proof for the CRB
Woo Tooting lol :biggrin:
Has anyone actually received the accommodation booklet yet?
Original post by NickiMinaj
Biology, Chemistry and Maths, this is the time of year when I come to appreciate how wise i was to only do 3 subjects at Alevel :tongue: haha What subjects do you do??

Definitely! I really wanted to do Pyschology for A2, but I didn't want the extra workload at all! I do the same subjects as you :smile: Did you have Biology & Chemistry exams recently? How did you find them?

P.S. Seeing as it's your username (& therefore you like her :tongue:), I love Nicki Minaj too :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by cfc18
Nope ! did all my exams last year , Just working at the moment saving up for busy London :wink:
gd luck with your exams if you have any !

Haha nice one! I'm doing mine now... Can't wait til they're all finished!
Reply 66
Original post by hidden_desire
Has anyone actually received the accommodation booklet yet?

Yea it was basically a leaflet with a link to the sgul accommodations bit, should've come with your OH forms and stuff :smile:

Gonna get the first jab of my hep b tomorrow, ahh!
Original post by Lisi.x
Yea it was basically a leaflet with a link to the sgul accommodations bit, should've come with your OH forms and stuff :smile:

Gonna get the first jab of my hep b tomorrow, ahh!

Aaaah, so that was the accomodation 'booklet' :rolleyes: Need to get all that sent off soon tbh.

Haha, aww good luck with that!
Reply 68
Has anyone else not had the BCG?
Original post by gmac6
Has anyone else not had the BCG?

Already got it done before. Gotta get Hep B and Meningitis though. :s-smilie:

When are you getting your BCG done?
Reply 70
Original post by purplerain5
Already got it done before. Gotta get Hep B and Meningitis though. :s-smilie:

When are you getting your BCG done?

Probs this week sometime, don't know why I haven't had it before tbh. I thought I hadn't had the meningitis one aswell but apparently I have :s-smilie: News to me.
Original post by gmac6
Probs this week sometime, don't know why I haven't had it before tbh. I thought I hadn't had the meningitis one aswell but apparently I have :s-smilie: News to me.

Yeh I got the BCG done when I was very young. Well that's good, one less painful injection to go through! :tongue:
Hey guys!
i feel so behind!! - I havent really paid much attention to the letter and forms since i received them because i was just concentrating on my exams
I've been reading through them all today and i've just realised i have so much to do:
CRB
IMMUNISATION (4 prob most things lol)
ACCOMODATION
OH form
So from what i gather --> The health questionnaire (filled in via our GP's), the student disability form, the CRB and any outstanding data which they have indicated must be returned by the 15th of july? - If i have missed something significant out, please tell me lol
Oh and in regards to the outstanding data - on my form, it says that i havent given data for a specific work experience - however the name of the organisation they have indicated this for - IS IN A DIFFERENT PART OF THE COUNTRY ALTOGETHER AND IVE NEVER WORKED THERE IN MY LIFE! - thus im assuming its a mistake.
Ok - well from my longwinded message - i think ive realised that i need to ring them up and get on with this:eek:
Reply 73
Hey guys was just wondering if you were sending original documentation with the CRB check?

I thought seeing as St Georges already have see orginals of your proof of address etc, you won't need to send the originals again, and so photocopies will suffice? I live abroad and so don't really want to send my passport by post!
Reply 74
Original post by gluestick
Hey guys was just wondering if you were sending original documentation with the CRB check?

I thought seeing as St Georges already have see orginals of your proof of address etc, you won't need to send the originals again, and so photocopies will suffice? I live abroad and so don't really want to send my passport by post!

No you dont...I called them up and the photocopies you (should have) provided are sufficient. x
So did anyone get in? :biggrin:
Reply 76
sorry everyone but what is Sig people keep talking about and where can i view it?:colondollar:
Reply 77
Does anyone know what the minimum UKCAT scores were for St. Georges this year?
Original post by katiek92
Does anyone know what the minimum UKCAT scores were for St. Georges this year?

I dont think st. Georges really have a minimum UKCAT score - generally greater weights put on your GCSE's, which of course determines whether you get an interview or not.
But after interview, they will most probably take into your account your UKCAT score, particularly when they are comparing 2 applications which need to be differentiated in some way or another.
I got 668 in my ukcat this year- and i got an offer, however i know many who got in the 500's, and still got an offer, whilst some who got in the 700's didnt - so as you can imagine - interview perfromance most definetely outweighs UKCAT score.
Nevertheless, im not an expert in the whole selection procedure, and im sure somebody else on here knows more than me, so please take my veiws with a pinch of salt.. LOL.
Hope it helps.
Original post by SylveeDiggs

Original post by SylveeDiggs
sorry everyone but what is Sig people keep talking about and where can i view it?:colondollar:

Click on the blue circle with white triangle in bottom right corner :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending