The Student Room Group

MedReq: Medical School Requirements Program

UniReq - Guide to University Applications

Thread of the Year 2011 :king3:

The data used on our site was collected from university websites and student forums based on the previous year's cutoff requirements. UniReq is not associated with UCAS or any particular university and cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information or university decisions. Please note that not all requirements are listed on UniReq and you are strongly advised to visit the university websites before applying.

Officially launched in January 2012, UniReq is the only system that can process your academic scores, cross-reference them, and tell you where you are eligible to apply based on the previous year's academic requirements.

If you found any mistakes with the Entry Requirements, please post a reply here immediately and I will try to update it ASAP.

http://unireq.co.uk

You can visit our Facebook Page here: http://facebook.com/unireq

Hope this helps!

Good luck in all your university applications!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OMG, WOW, Why are you guys like so mega useful?! Makes me ashamed to be applying for medicine but you're gonna be mega doctors and maybe even reform healthcare in UK :tongue:, good luck!
Reply 2
You spent all night on this, didn't you :p:

I'm going to test :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by dmz
OMG, WOW, Why are you guys like so mega useful?! Makes me ashamed to be applying for medicine but you're gonna be mega doctors and maybe even reform healthcare in UK :tongue:, good luck!

It worked :smile: 8 uni's i couldn't apply to
Reply 4
Amazing program! Some medical applicants on this site never cease to amaze me when it comes to creativity, keep up the good work!
Reply 5
1. Can we have it so we can enter our average UKCAT score instead of the overall only? It would make it a lot easier!

2. The UKCAT requirements for a lot of universities are very misleading. Atm, an average of 575 will get you into 2/3 of all universities. I'm sure KCL and Leeds have got a UKCAT average requiring above 300? :p:

3. Still no BMAT? :frown:

4. Atm, AAC (with the C in the non-science subject) passes me in every university bar Cambridge. It shouldn't! AAD and lower does too. Also, it even passes me if it's in a science subject.

5. The A Level requirements of some universities now require a 4th grade at A2 or AS. For example, Liverpool require AAAb typically. There is no allowance for this?

Vulpes

Sorry to be so critical - become a habit due to PS Help :p: Just some quick notes on things I've found. Really good work so far though, keep it up!
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow that's amazing! :eek:

&... Goodbye Birmingham, i didn't want you anyway :laugh: hahah
Reply 7
Original post by sohanshah
1. Can we have it so we can enter our average UKCAT score instead of the overall only? It would make it a lot easier!

2. The UKCAT requirements for a lot of universities are very misleading. Atm, an average of 575 will get you into 2/3 of all universities. I'm sure KCL and Leeds have got a UKCAT average requiring above 300? :p:

3. Still no BMAT? :frown:

4. Atm, AAC (with the C in the non-science subject) passes me in every university bar Cambridge. It shouldn't! AAD and lower does too. Also, it even passes me if it's in a science subject.

5. The A Level requirements of some universities now require a 4th grade at A2 or AS. For example, Liverpool require AAAb typically. There is no allowance for this?

Sorry to be so critical - become a habit due to PS Help :p: Just some quick notes on things I've found. Really good work so far though, keep it up!

- I'll look into allowing you to input your overall score instead in future updates
- UKCAT Req of 300 simply means that UKCAT is required for that university but the wiki wasn't very clear on cut-offs so yar....
- BMAT cutoffs aren't very clear either. I'll add them later on
- On the wiki, some universities simply said "1 other laboratory based science subject." so I couldn't exactly code in a cut-off point for the 3rd science.
- I'll expand the AS Level requirements in later updates
Reply 8
Original post by Vulpes
- I'll look into allowing you to input your overall score instead in future updates
- UKCAT Req of 300 simply means that UKCAT is required for that university but the wiki wasn't very clear on cut-offs so yar....
- BMAT cutoffs aren't very clear either. I'll add them later on
- On the wiki, some universities simply said "1 other laboratory based science subject." so I couldn't exactly code in a cut-off point for the 3rd science.
- I'll expand the AS Level requirements in later updates

Thanks, as I said it's really good. I'm just being picky!

I can already input overall score. It's just easier to input an average as that's what most people know!

BMAT cut-offs I'll try to look into. I know that UCL require 19 (with 5, 5, 9) as a minimum and that Imperial require something similar (with 5, 5, 9). I do know many people that have got just lower though and have got in so the BORDERLINE idea could work here.

There was a thread once somewhere with UKCAT cut-offs for 2010 (I think?) for most universities. I'm not sure if it's still around.

As for the 3rd A Level subject. I think a B grade is a minimum and most universities require an A grade in it. Just have a look at the actual grades the uni requires and have that as a minimum requirement for the 3rd A Level (whether it's science or not). You can then assess separately if that particular university needs 3 sciences or not.
Original post by Vulpes
Finally made a thread! :biggrin:

Nice :top:

(btw no rep-whoring :naughty:)

And I can't rep you - "please rate another member" :grumble:
Reply 10
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Nice :top:

(btw no rep-whoring :naughty:)

And I can't rep you - "please rate another member" :grumble:

Nawww :P

Okay.

Will I see aggressive linking to this? :wink:
Sorry to be a further annoyance, but is there one of these for IB scores?
Reply 12
Original post by AspiringGenius
Sorry to be a further annoyance, but is there one of these for IB scores?

Nope. Only this is available for now. But if you can find me a table with all the updated IB requirements, Ill add them in ASAP. (I'm too lazy to go through all the university websites :P )
Original post by Vulpes
Nope. Only this is available for now. But if you can find me a table with all the updated IB requirements, Ill add them in ASAP. (I'm too lazy to go through all the university websites :P )

I understand entirely :smile: I'm not good at excel but I imagine the stupid IB scoring would be harder to programme as it isn't just 38 points, it's 38 with 666 at HL which must include Biology etc etc. :smile: thanks anyway. I'll just put in high scores for the other parts ^_^
Reply 14
That's very well presented - good skills!

I know it is virtually impossible to account for requirements that are relative to other applicants (and can have exceptions if there are personal circumstances), but just to say that Oxford has some very stringent GCSE requirements that the document does not account for. I'd almost suggest 'imposing' your own cut off at 60%A* or similar, but clearly that would go away from the formal nature of the document. Include a note maybe? :dontknow:
Great thread! :smile:
Thanks, as I said it's really good. I'm just being picky!

I can already input overall score. It's just easier to input an average as that's what most people know!

BMAT cut-offs I'll try to look into. I know that UCL require 19 (with 5, 5, 9) as a minimum and that Imperial require something similar (with 5, 5, 9). I do know many people that have got just lower though and have got in so the BORDERLINE idea could work here.

There was a thread once somewhere with UKCAT cut-offs for 2010 (I think?) for most universities. I'm not sure if it's still around.

As for the 3rd A Level subject. I think a B grade is a minimum and most universities require an A grade in it. Just have a look at the actual grades the uni requires and have that as a minimum requirement for the 3rd A Level (whether it's science or not). You can then assess separately if that particular university needs 3 sciences or not.

So is section three of the BMAT marked out of nine? Do you gave to get 100% in it :s-smilie:
Original post by AspiringGenius
So is section three of the BMAT marked out of nine? Do you gave to get 100% in it :s-smilie:

No.

It's marked out of 15.

The marks are out of 9, 9, 15. So a 5, 5, 9 is considered to be the average benchmark for interviews at UCL and Imperial. Not always true though as there is leniency.

Edit: Thanks to Blatant Troll for pointing out the recent changes to BMAT:

Section 3 essays are double marked. Each examiner gives a score for quality of content on the scale of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and a score for quality of written English on a scale of A, C, E.

If the two marks for quality of content are the same, or occupy adjacent positions on the scale, the average of the two marks is reported. If the two marks for quality of written English are the same, or occupy adjacent positions on the scale, the scores are combined in the following way: AA = A, AC = B, CC = C, CE = D and EE = E.

If there is a larger discrepancy in the marks, the essays are marked for a third time, and the final mark awarded is checked by the Senior Assessment Manager.

For example, an essay given a 4C by one examiner and 4A by the other will receive a final score of 4B; an essay given 3C by one examiner and 2C by the other will receive a mark of 2.5C.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by nexttime
That's very well presented - good skills!

I know it is virtually impossible to account for requirements that are relative to other applicants (and can have exceptions if there are personal circumstances), but just to say that Oxford has some very stringent GCSE requirements that the document does not account for. I'd almost suggest 'imposing' your own cut off at 60%A* or similar, but clearly that would go away from the formal nature of the document. Include a note maybe? :dontknow:

70% actually =P

I'm going to add that in later updates. Just wanted to see if there are any major mistakes/bugs.
Reply 19
No.

It's marked out of 15.

The marks are out of 9, 9, 15. So a 5, 5, 9 is considered to be the average benchmark for interviews at UCL and Imperial. Not always true though as there is leniency.

:confused: Yar... I'll add BMAT later..... :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending