The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by jose
So Javier Pastore is apparently likely to be on the move for E40m.

I've never seen him play a full match but naturally that doesn't stop me becoming profoundly aroused at the thought of a skinny Argentine veroning around the United midfield.

If we did have to spend such stupid money on a very young player, I'd rather we spent it on Gotze rather than Pastore.

I've only watched Pastore a few times, but watched more of Gotze. Gotze looks incredible and he's only 19.
Reply 1001
I love Banega. I remember watching him bossing the Under 20 World Cup a few years ago in the same team as Aguero and di Maria. Lush.

One Pastore please Sir Alex.
Original post by newlife
Pastore & Banega will be huge successes wherever they go I reckon. Look the real deal imo.

Personally see Pastore comming in to Inter and Sneijder hopping to us. I would like to see us take a risk and opt for Pastore instead though, we already have a playmaker in Rooney off the striker.

Banega moved to United when I was playing as Valencia on FM. :moon:
He'd be a great signing and so would Mata.
Pastore can look incredible on his day, but has his fair share of off-days. He plays behind the striker at Palermo, I don't think he is what we need.
Reply 1004
Original post by VQG
If we did have to spend such stupid money on a very young player, I'd rather we spent it on Gotze rather than Pastore.

I've only watched Pastore a few times, but watched more of Gotze. Gotze looks incredible and he's only 19.

Didn't Gotze go to Madrid a few months ago for £6mil?
Original post by newlife

Sahin went to Madrid, not Gotze. But the fee is around £6m, depending on exchange rates. [€9m]
Reply 1006
Original post by newlife

I think you're thinking of Sahin maybe. Gotze is still at Borussia. Ok that was already said above, oh well.

Pastore looks good but for for 40m... Meh, that's too much of a risk.
Anyone watching the friendly?

Seahawks :adore: Quest Field :drool:
I'll be watching the first half at least, already sleepy doubt I can make it to the second half, I have to be up before midday today!
Original post by Mastermind`
I'll be watching the first half at least, already sleepy doubt I can make it to the second half, I have to be up before midday today!

That bloke with the eye patch. :rofl2:

A Tanzanian trialist called Mrisho Ngassa has just come on for Seattle. :nutcase: Apparently the club has links with Tanzers.

Game's been great so far, hope Seattle get a goal tbh.
Reply 1010
What a great game that was.
I though the way they played deserved a goal at least but we're starting to play some great football
Evra's cross on the first goal :coma:

Lol I didn't think it was possible to score more goals against Casey Keller in one match!
Reply 1011
Who is likely to play more games next year, Rafael or Fabio? I'm assuming it's Rafael right?
Original post by Deshi
Who is likely to play more games next year, Rafael or Fabio? I'm assuming it's Rafael right?

If both are fit, then yes, Rafael will get more games
Amazing game to watch. We really did come alive in the 2nd half. Good hat-trick from Rooney too. Good to see Diouf score, however i still feel he should be sold. Nani getting to assists was fantastic too.
Good pre-season runout. Surprised Cleverley didn't get a few minutes given how Fergie has been talking about him, but perhaps he'll play on Saturday.

I'd like to see two of our strikers go out on loan or be sold, as if we keep them all then progress will be stunted. Diouf and Welbeck to go, please - despite Fergie saying the latter won't go on loan again I don't believe him.
Looks like the new boys will all feature in our next game, against the mls all stars i think :s-smilie:

Do people think Young is more likely to start off on the left wing, than Nani, assuming Valencia is fully fit for the first game.
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Looks like the new boys will all feature in our next game, against the mls all stars i think :s-smilie:

Do people think Young is more likely to start off on the left wing, than Nani, assuming Valencia is fully fit for the first game.

my guess would be Nani or Valencia down the Right and Young down the Left, Nani does better on the Right usually so...
Reply 1017
Couldn't hack an all nighter for a friendly so didn't stay up for it (and thought it was tomorrow morning :colonhash:). Sounds like a decent run out, any standout performers? And how was Young?

I also think one of the strikers should be loaned out, but i'd prefer Kiko to go. His game is very similar to Chica's, keeping Welbeck would mean we have more options and balance in our attack. As long as it's to a club in the Premier League I think it could do him some good. Wouldn't surprise me if his spell in Italy means he wouldn't want to go anywhere though. I'd prefer Kiko to go but it's more likely to be Welbeck.
Highlights Seattle Sounders Vs Manchester United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwTIzPytYks&feature=player_detailpage
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1019
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
If both are fit, then yes, Rafael will get more games

I think Rafael will too, but lots of people here seemed to think otherwise when it was brought up before. Fabio starting at RB over Rafael seemed to be what most expected.

Latest