The Student Room Group

What shops or brands did you used to like but now hate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YvonneWiecek
Tut tut, be nice!

I'm not trying to offend anyone but its true! I see so many of them. :frown:
I'm constantly changing my mind about River Island, always seem to love or hate everything in there
Jack Wills, mainly because of the little girls that go in and buy loads from there and just some of their stuff is hideous at the moment.

Also Links of London, just getting bored of them, and Ralph Lauren. Once you've got a few key pieces like polos and jumpers you don't really need anything else.
Reply 63
Superdry and Nike.
Jane Norman...
1. they basically cater for only the super thin
2. I think I just wanted the bag for p.e. so i could be like the rest of the females in my school... before that I was going around with a simpsons bag which is basically a bag for life... but with the simpsons on it. I miss that bag....
Reply 65
I used to buy something from Boohoo or ASOS nearly every week. Boohoo is pretty poor quality but Id still buy stuff if i had the money.
Reply 66
Original post by Alexandra1234567
Jack Wills, mainly because of the little girls that go in and buy loads from there and just some of their stuff is hideous at the moment.

Also Links of London, just getting bored of them, and Ralph Lauren. Once you've got a few key pieces like polos and jumpers you don't really need anything else.

I get that all the time, takes the joy out of everything, the american apparel hoodie craze - now I see 8 year olds with the hoodies down to their knees, just wonder where they get the mone from for these more expensive clothes?
Original post by smileybop
They were on PETAs 2010-11 cruelty free list :confused:
EDIT:biggrin:id you actually read that forum thread btw? I did .... and I still believe Revlon doesn't test on animals.

There's some things you need to know about PETA:

http://infothread.org/info/Facts%20and%20How%20to/1285116568456.png
Used to shop at topshop. Now it's Topman. Long story......
Reply 69
Original post by nikki-jones2009
jane norman....that stuff now looks cheap and tacky...can't believe i use to shop there!

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee river islandd though :wink:

Oh well they're going into liquidation anyway :P
Reply 70
Original post by greenfly125
I remember this! Oh the days :^_^:
If you were anybody, you had one.

Wait are we refering to the actual bags that were on sale or the carrier bag because in our school the trend was to carry your stuff in a jane nor carrier bag :P
I used to wear tracksuits and stuff like that not cos I was a chav, but because I had no fashion sense lol.
So I now hate Umbro and Fila.
I still think Nike and Adidas can do good stuff
I dont like most Primark stuff now after thinking they were great before- they do some good staple products such as plain ts etc.
Original post by Apollo11
Wait are we refering to the actual bags that were on sale or the carrier bag because in our school the trend was to carry your stuff in a jane nor carrier bag :P

Both!
You carried your exercise books/lunch/etc in a bag you bought, and carried your PE kit in the plastic carrier bag it came with. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Both!
You carried your exercise books/lunch/etc in a bag you bought, and carried your PE kit in the plastic carrier bag it came with. :biggrin:

Yes I remember! It was the thing to have... good times :biggrin:
Reply 74
I remember this! Oh the days :^_^:
If you were anybody, you had one.

I had two *embarrassed face,*

...they're now in my attic! :tongue:
Original post by 24DJF
I had two *embarrassed face,*

...they're now in my attic! :tongue:

I think I did too! Although I think I chucked them :frown:
Topman. I stopped buying clothes from there because I'm not a hipster 14 year old who wears shirts of bands to which they've never actually heard of.
Reply 77
Original post by smileybop
L'oreal and max factor....then i found on tey test on animals D:
Now i rarely use anything other than Urban decay, Elf, Mac and Revlon.

who cares, would you rather it be put on the market and potentially be harmful to humans? or tested on humans, human life is more important

haha neg rep? people are stupid and think animal life matters more than human, im not saying animal life is worthless but no where near as important as human.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
JD, everyone used to shop there, now its just like wtf, how much more chavvy and **** can you get.
Reply 79
Topshop. I used to like the plain t-shirts they sold, and they used to sell really nice knickers. Now it's all big hipster jumpers and weird floral prints. And overpriced for what it is.

Quick Reply

Latest