The Student Room Group

Official SQA Results Discussion Thread 04/08/2011

Scroll to see replies

It means "the candidate has successfully achieved a (grade) in the external exam, but not gained the full Group Award, i.e. all of the internally assessed units. Any of the units that the candidate has achieved will be detailed on their paper certificate."

SAM
Reply 321
Original post by mysqa
It means "the candidate has successfully achieved a (grade) in the external exam, but not gained the full Group Award, i.e. all of the internally assessed units. Any of the units that the candidate has achieved will be detailed on their paper certificate."

SAM

Thanks. It's just confusing, because I definitely passed all of my NABs. Unless something happened with the discursive essay/folio. :\ Will just wait until I get my certificates and then e-mail my English lecturer, I think.
Reply 322
Original post by Mentalsquirel
AH History - A
H Modern Studies - A
H Business Management - A

Glasgow law school it is :biggrin:

Omg that is amazing! Well done:smile:

Just wondering ( cz i was thinking of doing law) what grades u got in 5th year? and ur LNAT score? + Oh and did u hav any specific work experience for law? ( Soz with all the questions :L)
Reply 323
H History - A
H Psychology - A
H Business Mgmt - C
H Maths - C

only needed maths at a B for uni aswell :frown: got an A in the prelim though so what do you guys think, will i be able to get an appeal and get in?!?
Reply 324
Original post by Wally_94
H History - A
H Psychology - A
H Business Mgmt - C
H Maths - C

only needed maths at a B for uni aswell :frown: got an A in the prelim though so what do you guys think, will i be able to get an appeal and get in?!?

Definitely, that big gap means it is very likely your grade will go up to a B!
Reply 325
Original post by mysqa

SAM

That's cruel, people could easily think it meant an A band 1!!!
Reply 326
Original post by Alt__x
That's cruel, people could easily think it meant an A band 1!!!

Haha, that's what my mum thought. "OH, LOOK, YOU GOT AN A STAR!" ...SMH.
Reply 327
Original post by Alt__x

Original post by Alt__x
Definitely, that big gap means it is very likely your grade will go up to a B!

So when i get a rejection from uni, will i need to call them? so confused and worried :s
Got my results at 2.50 - 6 As! Delighted. And it saves me an unsettled night tonight :P

I want to see the grade boundaries tomorrow - I think chemistry must have been low as it was a difficult exam and I've seen a few people doing better than they expected in it. Interested to see how the folio affected english as well.

Yes, I'm the sort of person that's interested in the grade boundaries :P
Reply 329
Original post by Wally_94
So when i get a rejection from uni, will i need to call them? so confused and worried :s

I'm not applying for university this year, so I'm not sure of this, but I would think that as the university has your predicted grades, which would be good enough to get into uni, they will keep your space for you until you know about your appeal. But phone the uni first thing tomorrow to make sure!!!
H English - A
H Maths - A
H Physics - A
H Modern Studies - A
H Computing - A

Woo :smile:
I didn't sign up for the text so haven't got my results through from the SQA but my results are on my academic record on my iSaint in the St Andrews website and according to that these are my results:

AH Maths - A band 2 :eek:
AH Physics (self taught) - A band 2
AH Geography - A band 1
AH Computing - A band 1

:biggrin:

So happy right now but nervous in case these results are wrong! Gonna have to wait for my email tomorrow and find out! :smile:

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Reply 332
Original post by Alt__x

Original post by Alt__x
I'm not applying for university this year, so I'm not sure of this, but I would think that as the university has your predicted grades, which would be good enough to get into uni, they will keep your space for you until you know about your appeal. But phone the uni first thing tomorrow to make sure!!!

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!
Original post by laridum
Guys. There's an asterisk next to one of my grades and I'm led to believe that this means "Exam only"? However, I'm certain that I passed all of my NABs?

Maybe your school didn't process all your NABs.
Reply 334
Wooooo i can do medicine :biggrin:

Higher english: A
Higher maths: A
Higher chemistry: A
Higher biology: A
Higher physics: A

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I think the whole train heard when i shouted it on the train to edinburgh this morning! Everyone seems to have done amazing :smile: well done :smile: so many people have five A's :O
Reply 335
Original post by badumdumtscht
Maybe your school didn't process all your NABs.

Yeah, maybe. My college's English department were really strict with deadlines and stuff, so it seems unusual. But my English lecturer was really all over the place and is quite old with terrible eyesight -- I printed my essay NAB in like 7pt, so I would not be surprised if it went missing.
Original post by Jones111
Omg that is amazing! Well done:smile:

Just wondering ( cz i was thinking of doing law) what grades u got in 5th year? and ur LNAT score? + Oh and did u hav any specific work experience for law? ( Soz with all the questions :L)

Thanks :smile: I got 2As, 2Bs and a C so I was pretty lucky that I got a conditional, I recon my PS and reference pretty much got me it. My LNAT was pretty crap tbh, cant remember the actual score. Yeah definitely do a lot of work experience at a law firm if you can, I did my since 4th year on and off. Concentrate on a good PS, I think thats the key now a days :wink:
Original post by laridum
Yeah, maybe. My college's English department were really strict with deadlines and stuff, so it seems unusual. But my English lecturer was really all over the place and is quite old with terrible eyesight -- I printed my essay NAB in like 7pt, so I would not be surprised if it went missing.

Just phone up the college tomorrow ASAP and ask for it to be processed. You'll get a replacement certificate showing the NAB. The same thing happened with my English NAB last year!
my god has everyone got an A in H English? :P Fingers crossed for tomorrow...
Original post by Kelz_26
Hi, I got that information last year. It costs £10, you just fill in a form and you can send it back as soon as you get your results. You can find the form and more information about it here. It says it can take up to 40 days but mine took 2-3 weeks. It gives a really detailed summary of your results including bands, and even the individual mark for each question of every exam! It also shows you the predictions the teachers put it and any feedback on any appeals in the past.

So if I send away for this, will they send all of 2009,2010 and this year results or just this year? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending