BFBC2
L4D2
GTA:IV
Blur
Cod4
Original post by buzzcat
2 years is nothing on the 10 I've been waiting for D3! :P

**awe**

2 years!??!? Where did you get that from? Ok, ok, not ten years, but GW came out in 2005! I remember laughing at the idea that GW2 might not be out until 2010 back in 2007.

But, now that you've brought it up, I can't wait for D3 either! I'm probably looking forward to GW2 a bit more, though... At the peak of my GW playing, it was possibly the most fun I've had with a game.

Original post by Dalimyr
If you want/need any help, give me a prod. Minus my moddy deletions and rollbacks I'm a wee bit rusty on here but I do know my way around a wiki :smile:

:yy: Nice one, I'm going away for about a week and a half (although I'll still be posting from my phone), and might try to launch a wiki page when I get back. Thanks in advance for the help! :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by blueray
Happy! I hate steam anyway...tbh it has to many games on the market.
But I'm sure lots of people like steam, so I assume they will be upset.

wow....just wow
Reply 44
Original post by LtCommanderData
But, now that you've brought it up, I can't wait for D3 either!

Same :biggrin: Open beta keys reportedly due at the end of August, get your beta preferences sorted on battle.net!
Original post by buzzcat
Same :biggrin: Open beta keys reportedly due at the end of August, get your beta preferences sorted on battle.net!

That's a good point! I wonder if a list of beta sign-ups would be a good thing to keep in the OP? If anyone thinks that's a good idea/can think of any current or upcoming betas (which you can actually sign up for, or at least put an email address down for to indicate interest), let me know
Reply 46
Original post by Dalimyr
If you want/need any help, give me a prod. Minus my moddy deletions and rollbacks I'm a wee bit rusty on here but I do know my way around a wiki :smile:

Spoiler

:mmm:
Speaking of waiting a long time for games, Deus Ex came out in June 2000, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution is being released at the end of this month. That's over eleven years! (N.B. We're not counting Invisible War as a real Deus Ex game :colonhash:)
Reply 48
Original post by zxh800
Do you think that's due to the gameplay mechanics? Or the players just being crap and going solo?

it was definitely the game-play mechanics, there are no medics - you just have autoregen health, and the assault class carry defibrilators as default (3 of the 4 classes were practically assault with a different gadget), however the revive time period was so short that unless you were standing next to someone when they died you dont have a chance to revive them, so noone bothers (i played ~10 hours over the alpha period, and got revived twice). and, if you do get revived you are presented with a menu that asks if you want to be revived or die, which is up for about 2 seconds - if you dont click accept revive, you die anyway!

i was bitterly dissapointed, and many people on the servers were also complaining about these issues. i really hope it is greatly improved as BF has allways been my favourite series, and i have stuck with it since its begining :/
Reply 49
Original post by woody_matt
it was definitely the game-play mechanics, there are no medics - you just have autoregen health, and the assault class carry defibrilators as default (3 of the 4 classes were practically assault with a different gadget), however the revive time period was so short that unless you were standing next to someone when they died you dont have a chance to revive them, so noone bothers (i played ~10 hours over the alpha period, and got revived twice). and, if you do get revived you are presented with a menu that asks if you want to be revived or die, which is up for about 2 seconds - if you dont click accept revive, you die anyway!

i was bitterly dissapointed, and many people on the servers were also complaining about these issues. i really hope it is greatly improved as BF has allways been my favourite series, and i have stuck with it since its begining :/

That doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience. I hope they fix things up too. I mean who doesn't, unless they're a die-hard COD fanboy.
Reply 50
Just joined :h: If anyone wants to add my Steam ID to the first post it's the same as my username :tongue:

Can't believe that Guildwars2, Diablo III and Skyrim all come out this year :sogood:

Does anyone know when the new Trackmania is being released? :holmes:
Reply 51

Just to keep the list updated, I changed my name to 'Jimimick' :biggrin:
Original post by jimimick
Just to keep the list updated, I changed my name to 'Jimimick' :biggrin:

Actually, I think the important Steam username (ie the one you can add people to your friends list with) doesn't change when you change the displayed name. Unless you got a new account or something?
Reply 53

I wanna be on the list ;D

I am pretty sure my name on it is Tommyjw :smile:

If anyone plays Mount and blade(Warband or F&S) i would love to play with you :biggrin: . Pretty good at both but its more fun having someone else to go everywhere with.
Reply 54
Actually, I think the important Steam username (ie the one you can add people to your friends list with) doesn't change when you change the displayed name. Unless you got a new account or something?

Well in that case it was originally 'Jimimick' so...

Actually, you can add people with any one of their aliases :fyi:
Reply 56
Original post by Tommyjw
I wanna be on the list ;D

I am pretty sure my name on it is Tommyjw :smile:

If anyone plays Mount and blade(Warband or F&S) i would love to play with you :biggrin: . Pretty good at both but its more fun having someone else to go everywhere with.

Heh I thought I was good at Warband after I was busy mopping up the different factions, then I saw the multiplayer bit and thought I'd try it out....oi vey, back to single player.

I found F&S to be terrible though, it's really just a mod for M&B and shouldn't have been released as a stand-alone, especially for the price they were asking for. Though the same could be said of Warband.

If you want your Steam ID in the list below, quote me with it!

Timberillo
x

Hey guys, nice to see a society for PC Gaming.

Steam ID: MrTarmac

Online games I have:
Iron Grip: Warlord
Killing Floor
TF2
Borderlands
Hot Pursuit (Uninstalled at the moment)
Portal 2 (co-op if anyone wants)
Spiral Knights
Sanctum
Reply 58
what do you guys make of this? I had a nerdgasm upon watching this, but all the cynics it's drawn out into the comment box are making me sad :C

only one person in the industry has called 'fake' so far... are games going to get much more realistic?

Anyone here play crossfire? :biggrin:
http://crossfire.z8games.com/

Quick Reply

Latest