The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheylan
Can't stand Community or Modern Family. I didn't say that anything that's not on the good list is **** - I'm aware Breaking Bad is a good show. However I haven't got into it yet. Don't like Entourage either, and it's my society :u:

Well, i couldn't think of a much more pointless thread then.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Well, i couldn't think of a much more pointless thread then.

Get the **** out then, bro.

How is this any different to any of the other society threads? It's not like everyone in any of them agrees on everything. In general people here will agree on what constitutes 'good' television and what constitutes regurgitated, inane bull****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by concubine
Get the **** out then, bro.

How is this any different to any of the other society threads? It's not like everyone in any of them agrees on everything. In general people here will agree on what constitutes 'good' television and what constitutes regurgitated, inane bull****.

who are you?

as much as i like a lot of this good tv like Arrested Development and Breaking Bad, i'd rather not be part of some stupid elitist society where i bunch of people talk about how they think they are better than other people just because of what they watch tv wise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Pheylan

Original post by Pheylan
Can't stand Community or Modern Family. I didn't say that anything that's not on the good list is **** - I'm aware Breaking Bad is a good show. However I haven't got into it yet. Don't like Entourage either, and it's my society :u:

Breaking Bad is incredible!

I tried Modern Family, but I just couldn't get into it tbh. :erm:
Reply 44
Has anyone here watched Oz? Everybody gives it rave reviews but I just can't get into it :s-smilie:
Reply 45
Original post by 2ndClass
Has anyone here watched Oz? Everybody gives it rave reviews but I just can't get into it :s-smilie:

I'm considering watching this next now that I've finished The Sopranos.

Although tbh, I feel like watching The Wire again.
Reply 46
Reply 47
Reply 48
This post reminded me of an idea I had a while ago - a Sopranos spinoff called Hesh. Thoughts?
Reply 49
:no: The Wire spinoff however, :yep:

I think there already is a spinoff actually...
Reply 50
What are you lot going to be watching this coming season?

Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Enlightened
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Life's Too Short
Luck
Terra Nova
The Good Wife
The Walking Dead

:biggrin:
Reply 51
Has anyone here watched Falling Skies? not getting a lot of good feedback.
Reply 52
Entiurage
How I met Your Mother
Greys Anatomy
True Blood
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Jersey Shore
Futurama
Simpsons
Gossip Girl
Pretty Little LIars
Desperate Housewives
American Dad

Off the top of my head.

RIP Smallville, you shall be sorely missed this year.
Reply 53
Penultimate episode of season 4 of The West Wing :sogood:

Original post by 2ndClass
Has anyone here watched Falling Skies? not getting a lot of good feedback.

I tried to like it (Noah Wyle :heart:) but couldn't
Reply 54
Original post by Pheylan
I tried to like it (Noah Wyle :heart:) but couldn't

Shame, I actually looked forward to it. Before Boardwalk Empire starts I'll try to finish the rest of Battlestar Galactica and by the way I definitely recommend watching The Borgias, it's going to start on Sky Atlantic but I watched its entirety before, really good tv show, can't wait for season 2.
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11

Pretty Little Liars.

I've been watching this since the start but I'm kind of getting bored by it now. It's the same old, same old each week.
Reply 56
Original post by Stray_talk
I've been watching this since the start but I'm kind of getting bored by it now. It's the same old, same old each week.

I was kinda bored of quite a few episodes ago but I watch it out of habit, plus I love Shay Mitchell and want to impregnate her. :coma:

Anyways, I think what's making it so popular in the US right now is the storyline is VERY unique, and carries that air of mystery and executes cliff hangers sufficiently.
Reply 57

:biggrin:

You Blowhards!!!
30 Rock and Frasier :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending