The Student Room Group

Has anyone resat year 12 previously??

Thankyou :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
What did you get for your ASs?
Reply 2
the thought of resitting year 12 scares me(srs)
Reply 3
Hi, I retook the year 12 having got D U U, the workload was a little easier for one of my subjects as I didn't have to take one module but I had to put in alot of work for the others. It did feel a bit annoying at times bit being in the same classes or year as most of my friends but you get used to it and I managed to get 2 A's and a D but if you felt you could handle it you could try to take resist alongside doing A2 but it would add alot more to your workload and if you found it overwhelming before then it might not be a good option. I'm going into my A2 year now so I don't know how much harder it's going to be but discuss your options with your teachers and just make sure your happy with your decision =]
Reply 4
Original post by Xx...Anzal...xX
I got bcde

it didnt get much different

I carried onto A2
BUT i ended up retaking a lot

At AS before retkaes i got BBCEE
then at A2 i got A*ABbee,
i dont think its worth retaking all yer 12, just retake the ones you wernt happy with
Reply 5
I retook year 12 this year after gaining DDUU last year. Got BBB this time round. In you plan on retaking year12, you should know what you have to do to achieve the good grades. Work hard, and you will achieve your goals, take your results this year as a good kick up the bum (:
Reply 6
Original post by Ollyjg

Original post by Ollyjg
I retook year 12 this year after gaining DDUU last year. Got BBB this time round. In you plan on retaking year12, you should know what you have to do to achieve the good grades. Work hard, and you will achieve your goals, take your results this year as a good kick up the bum (:

which uni did u get offers from and where u going?
Reply 7
Original post by Xx...Anzal...xX
if you have resat the entire year 12
how does it feel
is the work load easier
does A2 get harder??
please explain your expereince as i might resit year 12

Thankyou

Retake only if you think you will improve and you had a geniune reason for not doing well. When I retook it was because my college was awful and screwed us over, I moved to a new college and did much better after getting like AEE first time. I find that people who retake because of stupid reasons like not working hard enough normally will not do well at A2 since it is much harder.
You might think what I said is harsh but it's normally true.
Reply 8
Its worth checking if resitting specific units is easier. For example in maths, a lot of the AS work appears in the A2 course so if anything it helps with the 'easier' stuff that comes up and means you understand it more, it also keeps it fresh in your head so you remember it better.
Reply 9
To be honest if you didn't pay any attention during AS and you re-took the work load is pretty much the same.
But if you're aiming for A's for AS. Retaking is a more smarter choice, also have the right mind set when retaking and treat just work your arse off and not a laid back approach thinking I should remember this because I done it last year. Do loads of practice papers, the more you're familiar with exam style questions the better. :3
Reply 10
Original post by Trottoir
which uni did u get offers from and where u going?

I am applying for 2012 entry.
I resat year 12 after after I got deu and dropped out of one before the end. I was experiencing one of the hardest years in my life as my nan passed away and my aunt, who I see as a second mother got diagnosed with cancer. I resat and ended up getting AAB in A level this was before the A* was introduced. It was actually a good thing as I used my transformation from a U student to an A student as a testament to my commitment and hard-work in my personal statement. Sometimes a negative situation is good for you because when you make it positive it seems to get more recognition

Also, some colleges offer intensive courses where you do AS and A2 in an year so you could try that if you don't want to waste an year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by bendtner.is.sick
I resat year 12 after after I got deu and dropped out of one before the end. I was experiencing one of the hardest years in my life as my nan passed away and my aunt, who I see as a second mother got diagnosed with cancer. I resat and ended up getting AAB in A level this was before the A* was introduced. It was actually a good thing as I used my transformation from a U student to an A student as a testament to my commitment and hard-work in my personal statement. Sometimes a negative situation is good for you because when you make it positive it seems to get more recognitionAlso, some colleges offer intensive courses where you do AS and A2 in an year so you could try that if you don't want to waste an year.
Hi I am currently resitting year 12 biology chemistry and psychology and I have changed to single health and social care. I had a rough year last year due to family illness. I am know I can get better grades. I am just wondering what you got in your gcses? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest