The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford accomodation...Help?!?!

On results day I found out I would be going to Bradford to study pharmacy, and sent off my application for accomodation to the uni. This was for the university managed halls, and I'm aware that most of them will be filled up by now, especially the green but I was assured via email that I'm guaranteed a place somewhere.

I'm going on holiday next week and have been waiting for a reply for a couple of days, so I'm not sure whether it would make much more sense to apply to one of the private halls? I'm just not getting a reply from the official accomodation services and I need it sorted out before I go on holiday. It's really worrying me as I had everything sorted out for my firm and had it sorted for a couple of months, but now I'm here (Bradford was my insurance) I'm not really getting anywhere and worried I won't have anywhere to live.

Anyone? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sent off for my accommodation via Bradford and sent the form via email, i got a reply quite quickly . Ive ended up in the green so there must still be places available, if your really worried, phone up the accommodation office.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by bobeyuno
I sent off for my accommodation via Bradford and sent the form via email, i got a reply quite quickly . Ive ended up in the green so there must still be places available, if your really worried, phone up the accommodation office.

Ah okay, when did you send the form off? I'm going to ring up tomorrow if I don't get an answer today, as really need this sorted out before next week and don't really want to live in private housing for my first year.
Reply 3
I sent it off on the 19th got an email with the offer on the 22nd, yeah i would really give them a call asap
Reply 4
I sent it off on the 19th got an email with the offer on the 22nd, yeah i would really give them a call asap

Ahh I sent mine off on Thursday (first class post, so should have got there Friday). I'm thinking it may have got lost in the post or not gone to the right department or something.

Thanks anyway, will ring tomorrow.
they told me the green is for mostly new students and am assuming foreign students, plenty of halls about though
Reply 6
Yeah, well I would be classed as a new student now. I assume they're full/nearing being full. It says on the website if the green is full then we should get allocated a place in other halls.
you all better get booking, we start soon,very end of Sept then properly start beginning of Oct
Reply 8
I'm waiting for a reply from the accomodation services now. It's out of my hands :frown: This is why I'm worrying lol.
Reply 9
Original post by Navi_Fairy
I'm waiting for a reply from the accomodation services now. It's out of my hands :frown: This is why I'm worrying lol.

i had an issue today and phoned up the Bradford hub service..they know a lot of stuff.
www.bradford.ac.uk/hub
01274 232233
They were really helpful, i don't know if you will be able to contact them, but it's worth a try.

also good luck with getting it all sorted :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
i had an issue today and phoned up the Bradford hub service..they know a lot of stuff.
www.bradford.ac.uk/hub
01274 232233
They were really helpful, i don't know if you will be able to contact them, but it's worth a try.

also good luck with getting it all sorted :smile:

I did ring up the accomodation service yesterday, they said I was guaranteed a place yet they still have a lot of applications to go through. He said I should be waiting 7-10 days for a reply (usually), but a lot of people seem to be getting it quicker than that. I'm going to wait until the 10 day limit (which will be on Monday if its working days). If I don't get it before then I'll have to ring up the accom services.

I probably should just be a bit more patient lol! But I'm just worried because beforehand I had my accomodation sorted out for my firm for months, and because Bradford was my insurance I'm just waiting, and its getting closer to the date and halls are getting more full by the day. I really wanted to go in halls for my first year too.
Reply 11

I did ring up the accomodation service yesterday, they said I was guaranteed a place yet they still have a lot of applications to go through. He said I should be waiting 7-10 days for a reply (usually), but a lot of people seem to be getting it quicker than that. I'm going to wait until the 10 day limit (which will be on Monday if its working days). If I don't get it before then I'll have to ring up the accom services.

I probably should just be a bit more patient lol! But I'm just worried because beforehand I had my accomodation sorted out for my firm for months, and because Bradford was my insurance I'm just waiting, and its getting closer to the date and halls are getting more full by the day. I really wanted to go in halls for my first year too.

Well some people are getting it earlier because they are using private halls, not the uni ones, i just had an email from ucas advertising halls in bradford. Yeah give the hub a call, i had to phone them because i had 2 student IDs

Yeah im still worried even though it's all sorted, but it's still a while to go, you might be able to enquire about alternative halls, there seems to still be a lot on offer around there.

did you email it to the halls of residence email address?
Reply 13
Original post by fairycake123
did you email it to the halls of residence email address?

i emailed the form from here http://www.brad.ac.uk/accommodation/apply-for-accommodation too [email protected]

Thanks - thats where i sent mine so at least i know they check it!! dont hold out much hope though as I only got offered the uni place yesterday and sent off my application
Reply 15
Original post by fairycake123
Thanks - thats where i sent mine so at least i know they check it!! dont hold out much hope though as I only got offered the uni place yesterday and sent off my application

They said they garuntee first year accomodation no matter what, and it may take a while for thme to reply being a bank holiday weekend
They said they garuntee first year accomodation no matter what, and it may take a while for thme to reply being a bank holiday weekend

Yeh that really pisses other students off, were surrounded by loads of halls and they say they guarantee first year students forst, which is wrong. Of course if you go to their office which a wad of cash they quickly change their minds
On results day I found out I would be going to Bradford to study pharmacy, and sent off my application for accomodation to the uni. This was for the university managed halls, and I'm aware that most of them will be filled up by now, especially the green but I was assured via email that I'm guaranteed a place somewhere.

I'm going on holiday next week and have been waiting for a reply for a couple of days, so I'm not sure whether it would make much more sense to apply to one of the private halls? I'm just not getting a reply from the official accomodation services and I need it sorted out before I go on holiday. It's really worrying me as I had everything sorted out for my firm and had it sorted for a couple of months, but now I'm here (Bradford was my insurance) I'm not really getting anywhere and worried I won't have anywhere to live.

Anyone? :frown:

the halls provided by uni are pretty expensive to say the least...go to CRM webiste and see if you like the ones they are offering...most of there application process is online as well so you don't have to wait
Hi , i havent been confirmed a place for accomondation anywhere yet. starting to get a little worried.
i was wondering what date everyone has to be at Bradford for? i know my course starts on the 26th of Sep but it says somewhere on the website about the 17th ? why do we have to be there so early? whats this day for?
thankss :smile:
Original post by Melissa.mcknight
Hi , i havent been confirmed a place for accomondation anywhere yet. starting to get a little worried.
i was wondering what date everyone has to be at Bradford for? i know my course starts on the 26th of Sep but it says somewhere on the website about the 17th ? why do we have to be there so early? whats this day for?
thankss :smile:

yeah the freshers week starts from then...and i urge you to be there for that as thats when you make friends and just get used to the uni environment...which accommodation did you apply for anyhooo??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending