The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2320
Appardently i get £100 of Asus laptops with natwest student account :dance:
**** me this is good :coma:

(edited 12 years ago)
Advice for freshers:

"Thanks to all the non-selfish/non-attractive freshers for not having selfish privacy settings.

yeah freshers change your settings..... or at least make your profile pic a bikini shot

Also if you've got a boyfriend, get a life and get single.

got christian, got thin, ditched long term very fit girlfriend. score."
Reply 2323
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
It is a bit, yeah. I'm not sure I'll be making any deposits into my student account aside from those that come from loans. I'm thinking it might just be easier to stick with HSBC now. Gah.

I think they've changed it now, to £750 every 6 months instead of 3, so you'll probably be ok. I still don't know which student bank account to go for.

are natwest definitely not doing the railcard anymore? :mad: i was going to go with them just for that, you can link the railcard to your oyster and get 30% of PAYG travel too.

does anyone know which bank account has the best freebies? I don't need to worry about an overdraft thankfully.
Original post by Dilzone
I think they've changed it now, to £750 every 6 months instead of 3, so you'll probably be ok. I still don't know which student bank account to go for.

are natwest definitely not doing the railcard anymore? :mad: i was going to go with them just for that, you can link the railcard to your oyster and get 30% of PAYG travel too.

does anyone know which bank account has the best freebies? I don't need to worry about an overdraft thankfully.

I think RBS are doing a railcard, but possibly just for 3 years.

I'm looking for the same - best freebies as thankfully I don't need to worry about an overdraft either. (At least, I hope I don't...)
I think RBS are doing a railcard, but possibly just for 3 years.

I'm looking for the same - best freebies as thankfully I don't need to worry about an overdraft either. (At least, I hope I don't...)

don't think they are doing the railcard this year either :s-smilie:
the only freebie i found worth having is the NUS card with lloyd's but wanted the railcard :rolleyes:
also can u only open one student account?!!!.....didnt know there was a limit but went onto hsbc to open a 2nd one thinking of the over-drafts :wink: and they said u can only have one so sticking to the lloyds :h:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

You don't know where you're living yet? :shock:

I'd rather move in the week earlier and have an extra week of freshers :tongue:

no i dont know where im living :emo: think they will let us know by next week :rolleyes:
and dont have any course details or anything but some older medics said we'll get a welcome pack no sign of it yet........
are they just expecting us to turn up on the day like headless chickens! :erm:

howz the shopping list, i made aehm pasted ot from tsr need to print it and then get onto it.......think buying a laptop is the biggie but cant decided :sigh:
Original post by Dilzone
I
of course, i'll probably still end up being late to lectures though :colondollar: ooh where are you going? D

lool well at least not as late if u lived further :tongue: i'm going keele :biggrin:
Original post by sarah1991
don't think they are doing the railcard this year either :s-smilie:
the only freebie i found worth having is the NUS card with lloyd's but wanted the railcard :rolleyes:
also can u only open one student account?!!!.....didnt know there was a limit but went onto hsbc to open a 2nd one thinking of the over-drafts :wink: and they said u can only have one so sticking to the lloyds :h:

HSBC I think is the only, if not one of the few banks which don't let you apply if you have a student account elsewhere. Natwest don't mind as long as your Natwest account is your main one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Advice for freshers:

"Thanks to all the non-selfish/non-attractive freshers for not having selfish privacy settings.

yeah freshers change your settings..... or at least make your profile pic a bikini shot

Also if you've got a boyfriend, get a life and get single.

got christian, got thin, ditched long term very fit girlfriend. score."

:colondollar:
Original post by Dumb Economist
:colondollar:

Hey! :gah:

How's the summer? Lurker. :tongue:
Hey! :gah:

How's the summer? Lurker. :tongue:

Summer ....what summer? Working 10 hrs a day plus 1.5 hr travel time. You ready for grand uni entry? :colone:
Summer ....what summer? Working 10 hrs a day plus 1.5 hr travel time. You ready for grand uni entry? :colone:

Summer job? Or internship? Right a career orientated busy body, you are!

I'm not ready at all. Last minute jobs seem to be the most fun. :tongue:
Summer job? Or internship? Right a career orientated busy body, you are!

I'm not ready at all. Last minute jobs seem to be the most fun. :tongue:

It is a backdoor 12 week job/internship.... :tongue: They make me work hard... but sometime there is lull and I then jump on FB.. TSR :biggrin: Enjoy your summer only 5 weeks to go. :smile:
Reply 2334
erm, sex alcohol, sex and some more alcohol
Original post by dmz
erm, sex alcohol, sex and some more alcohol

:sexface: I wish uni would hurry up :tongue:
Reply 2336
Original post by a moist feeling
:sexface: I wish uni would hurry up :tongue:

i know!! So close yet so far :frown:
Reply 2337
:whistle:
It is a backdoor 12 week job/internship.... :tongue: They make me work hard... but sometime there is lull and I then jump on FB.. TSR :biggrin: Enjoy your summer only 5 weeks to go. :smile:

Ah, okay. Who's it with? At least you're doing something! I kind of regret resigning so early, but at the same time, doing next to nothing can be strangely satisfying. :tongue:
Helllllo! What's everyone doing? When's everyone moving in?

Latest

Trending

Trending