The Student Room Group

Examples of when remarks have gone right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by SarahDylan
Thank you!!! Yeah it was

please advice me regarding this

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=33639945

thanks.
Reply 481
Original post by rabbit99

thanks.

It's too late for extenuating circumstances as I myself found, but if you need it to get into university then you have nothing to lose! the lower your original mark and the closer to the grade boundary you were the mroe likely it is that it'll go up :smile:

thanks.

Since you are clearly not listening to any of the advice you are being given, why not go ahead and do it? It's your money and you obviously won't rest until you hear what you want to, so why waste any more time?
It's too late for extenuating circumstances as I myself found, but if you need it to get into university then you have nothing to lose! the lower your original mark and the closer to the grade boundary you were the mroe likely it is that it'll go up :smile:

No. The more inaccurate the marking the more likely it is that it will change. Either way.
I GOT 7 MORE UMS ON MY AQA RS PAPER!!! I'm going to UEA! :biggrin:

congrats!!!!

sorry you've probably mentioned this already in this thread, but how far were you from the next grade?
i just got my igcse first language english back and i got 88 percentage uniform marks and i need 2 more to get a A*. I have asked my teacher whether it is worth it but she is new and has to ask the head of english, but she hasnt replied yet.

Also, the exam had 2 papers each with 50 marks; to get downgraded a grade i will need to lose 9 percentage uniform marks. so do u guys think its worth it? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 486
remarks can go up! I was 1 UMS from an A* in my Economics A Level, got it remarked and it went up by 4 UMS :smile:
Reply 487
I got my unit 4 economics paper re-marked last year and it went up 19 marks, from a D to a B. Essay based subjects are more likely to experience a grade-change after a re-mark (could go up OR down though). Also, my mate got his business studies paper remarked and he went up from an E to an A*, so they can get stuff horribly wrong haha
Reply 488
Original post by sam_93
remarks can go up! I was 1 UMS from an A* in my Economics A Level, got it remarked and it went up by 4 UMS :smile:

congrats!! :smile:
Original post by sam_93

I'm praying that this happens for my AS exam, 1UMS of an A.:frown: Do you think it'll really matter much, if it doesn't since I'm likely to predicted an A anyway, but AAAB is probably more competitive than AABB. It sucks, since I know exactly where the marks were lost, how are my chances?
Re-marks can indeed go up spectacularly, as some of you have noted. What you don't get on here is stories of the reverse, because people don't tend to come on here and make it public. The thing to think about is how far you'd have to fall to drop a grade and you should always take your teacher's/exams officer's advice before going ahead. You will get your money back if the grade changes either way, but there is an increasing tendency for things to stay the same, possibly because, speaking as a cynical old teacher here, the exam boards want to reduce the re-mark culture, harden their reputation for being reliable and keep hold of a profitable moneymaker for them. If you've nothing to lose, go for it with my blessing, but make a calm and rational decision.
Reply 491
Original post by fuzzybear
congrats!!!!

sorry you've probably mentioned this already in this thread, but how far were you from the next grade?

I was three marks off :smile: thank you!
Reply 492
Original post by Tsunami2011
I'm praying that this happens for my AS exam, 1UMS of an A.:frown: Do you think it'll really matter much, if it doesn't since I'm likely to predicted an A anyway, but AAAB is probably more competitive than AABB. It sucks, since I know exactly where the marks were lost, how are my chances?

all the best. :smile:
My OCR themes paper for A2 history went up 30 UMS!!! From 84 to 114 UMS!!! GOT MY A* :smile:

I knew i did better than a B on that Ireland paper. OMG got 4 A* for my a-levels now!!
Reply 494
Original post by Trixy.Sam
My OCR themes paper for A2 history went up 30 UMS!!! From 84 to 114 UMS!!! GOT MY A* :smile:

I knew i did better than a B on that Ireland paper. OMG got 4 A* for my a-levels now!!

congrats!!

WOW, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!

Original post by monkajanik
WOW, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS :smile: I don't know how they managed to not give me 30 UMS. Very big mistake imo. It's as if they didnt mark a whole question or something?:confused:
THANKS GUYS :smile: I don't know how they managed to not give me 30 UMS. Very big mistake imo. It's as if they didnt mark a whole question or something?:confused:

Youuuuuuu give me soooooo much hope! I pray to god that it's not false hope!!
Reply 498
Hey guys

Is it usually the case for biology and chemistry papers to go up? I felt like I did ALOT better than what i got for both, especially biology. Bio: D and Chem: E
Reply 499
when is the deadline to ask for non emergency remarks?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending