The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

University Of Bradford first years

Hello boys and girls,

Bradford just confirmed me for my place their to do MEng civil engineering. Anyone have any tips on accomadation?

Ive come from london, I had a look at the green, but it wasnt really all that, the rooms where small but the surroundings where nice! Arkwright (i think its called) had a crappy exterior but i was pleased with the spaciousness of the rooms and it is £20 cheaper (per week). Ime in two minds at the moment!

Also, when do we go to uni? the 19th or 26th?
i have a place at bradford to study chemstry but as it was by insurance choice accomodation is still unsorted?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by bloopan
Hello boys and girls,

Bradford just confirmed me for my place their to do MEng civil engineering. Anyone have any tips on accomadation?

Ive come from london, I had a look at the green, but it wasnt really all that, the rooms where small but the surroundings where nice! Arkwright (i think its called) had a crappy exterior but i was pleased with the spaciousness of the rooms and it is £20 cheaper (per week). Ime in two minds at the moment!

Also, when do we go to uni? the 19th or 26th?

If you book now for the Green theres a good chance you won't get a place, as I was told on the phone it just about full. Im waiting for a reply from the uni about my accom, but you'd probably be best to apply for Arkwright directly rather than apply to the accom services (takes a bit longer)
welcome 1st years
Original post by Navi_Fairy
If you book now for the Green theres a good chance you won't get a place, as I was told on the phone it just about full. Im waiting for a reply from the uni about my accom, but you'd probably be best to apply for Arkwright directly rather than apply to the accom services (takes a bit longer)

When did you phone?
Original post by sparkii--xx
When did you phone?

Yesterday. I'm still yet to hear from the accom services for my booking :mad:
Reply 6
Original post by Navi_Fairy

Yhh thats what i did, i applied directly to arkwright...i went up their on wednesday to have a look at the place and it wasnt too bad and its cheap as chips!

I thought arkwright was better than the green tbh...the rooms at the green was smaller and they where more expensive. Also at arkwright, 51 weeks is the same as 43, which suits me better as ime coming from london!

When does freshers start?
Original post by bloopan
Yhh thats what i did, i applied directly to arkwright...i went up their on wednesday to have a look at the place and it wasnt too bad and its cheap as chips!

I thought arkwright was better than the green tbh...the rooms at the green was smaller and they where more expensive. Also at arkwright, 51 weeks is the same as 43, which suits me better as ime coming from london!

When does freshers start?

Its not cheap at all lol, I suppose if your used to Londons ripoff prices then I suppose it is. Differences, Green has newer shared kitchen area, but arkwright is bigger. Also some rooms with Green come with garden
Reply 8
ill be staying at Haria House :smile:
Yh im still waiting for confirmation for accomodation! They said they would get back to me by the end of the week, you can move in from the 17th thats when im moving in so i can sort out my room and explore a bit. Well done for the civil engineering! Im doing Electrical & Electronic Engineering :smile: x
Reply 10
Is anyone of to study Media and Technology at Bradford for 2013?

Quick Reply