Sounds cool :eek:
Reply 21
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

Sounds cool :eek:

Proper mans game. :biggrin:

Original post by gozatron
Proper mans game. :biggrin:

So you can just switch to whatever mode you want?
Reply 23

So you can just switch to whatever mode you want?

What do mean switch? Nah, its got its own set of rules and regulations its simply seems like a mix fo those 3 sports :p:
What do mean switch? Nah, its got its own set of rules and regulations its simply seems like a mix fo those 3 sports :p:

Looks too confusing for moi :colone:

Fun though. I like Aussie Rules :cool:
Just checking, Birmingham wont hate me because I 'only' have 9A*s at GCSE??
Reply 26

Looks too confusing for moi :colone:

Fun though. I like Aussie Rules :cool:

Aussie rules is really good aswell :biggrin:
Original post by spoinkytheduck

I had 9 A*s last year and it was perfectly fine! Many people with less got interviews but many people with more got rejected with no interview... bit of a mystery !
I'm applying :smile:
Original post by areyousure?
I had 9 A*s last year and it was perfectly fine! Many people with less got interviews but many people with more got rejected with no interview... bit of a mystery !

Yaay.. I absolutely love Birmingham so its good to hear that my GCSEs wont put me at a disadvantage..
Just wanted to check as I didnt want to waste one of my UCAS choices.. I've heard from some people that the GCSE cut off is 'officially' 7A*s but they wont accept you unless you have 9 / 10.. but I wont worry about that anymore.. :smile:

Muchly glad I dont have to worry about the UKCAT for Birmingham.. not doing too well in the practice tests at the moment!! :redface:

Their cut off for 2011 entry is 7A*'s they said at one of their open day presentations.
Also I talked to a couple of medics there and they had mostly 8A*'s and a couple of A's so you should be fine :smile:

EDIT Sorry I meant their cut off is going to be 7A*'s for 2012 entry. Not sure what the 2011 entry cut off was actually.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Insanity514

Their cut off for 2011 entry is 7A*'s they said at one of their open day presentations.
Also I talked to a couple of medics there and they had mostly 8A*'s and a couple of A's so you should be fine :smile:

Wierd. In 2009 it was 8.5A*s. :s-smilie:
I'm applying :smile:

Hello and welcome to the thread :biggrin:

Just had a nose on your sig (and yeah I clicked the thing that made me lose :rolleyes: ) and noticed you've got your UKCAT on the 31st August.. SAME!! :eek:
Getting a bit soon now..:s-smilie:
Yaay.. I absolutely love Birmingham so its good to hear that my GCSEs wont put me at a disadvantage..
Just wanted to check as I didnt want to waste one of my UCAS choices.. I've heard from some people that the GCSE cut off is 'officially' 7A*s but they wont accept you unless you have 9 / 10.. but I wont worry about that anymore.. :smile:

Muchly glad I dont have to worry about the UKCAT for Birmingham.. not doing too well in the practice tests at the moment!! :redface:

Birmingham is amazing! Your GCSEs will not put at a disadvantage just make sure you have a really good PS as well :smile:

Good Luck !

Yay.. I can calm down now!! :colondollar:

Wierd. In 2009 it was 8.5A*s. :s-smilie:

But good weird :smile:
Reply 35

You are right in thats its officially 7 but every year they get more than enough applicants to move the cut-off upto 8-8.5 easily.
Hello and welcome to the thread :biggrin:

Just had a nose on your sig (and yeah I clicked the thing that made me lose :rolleyes: ) and noticed you've got your UKCAT on the 31st August.. SAME!! :eek:
Getting a bit soon now..:s-smilie:

Shame on you for losing :wink:

What time is yours? Mine's at 11 :eek:

Feeling prepared?

Sorry I meant their cut off is going to be 7A*'s for 2012 entry. Not sure what the 2011 entry cut off was actually.
Just to be official about the GCSE cut off here is Bgham's medicine page on UCAS for 2012. Notice the GCSE requirements section.

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Q7_Dbos3bI7AVvCZuHKeJ0DrTJ6by-4g_5/HAHTpage/search.HsEntryReq.run?n=1075168#CSRA

"Candidates must have excellent GCSE results - at least 7 A* grades, including Maths and English at Grade A minimum"
Reply 39

Just to be official about the GCSE cut off here is Bgham's medicine page on UCAS for 2012. Notice the GCSE requirements section.

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Q7_Dbos3bI7AVvCZuHKeJ0DrTJ6by-4g_5/HAHTpage/search.HsEntryReq.run?n=1075168#CSRA

"Candidates must have excellent GCSE results - at least 7 A* grades, including Maths and English at Grade A minimum"

That's up there every year.

Quick Reply

Latest