The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
how to approach a random girl? with your cock out!
Hey OP, when are you going to be using these guys suggestions and doing them.
I would love to see the video.. if you have the balls to do it. :tongue:
I need help with this lol I get some smiles if I'm coming home from work but then I instantly look away and start thinking WHY THE **** did I just do that lol. Need to smile back!
bump bump
Reply 284
Lighter in clubs one works as a way to start talking to girls, but then my natural shyness and social awkwardness kicks in and it's all back to normal, baby!
Reply 285
smile at her, if she smiles back say hi. if she says hi back then start a conversation! just make it seem quite random and unplanned so she wont think ur a psycho!!
xxx
I have a bus stop girl, i really want to ask out. I've been seeing her for like the past year and im pretty sure she likes me but im not that great with girls, been going to an all boys school my entire life.
Any advice on how to ask her out.
Original post by Panda Bear
I jumped on a train at Waterloo this morning at stood next to this cute girl. There was no way I was going to speak to her, but at the same time, the thought of regretting speaking to her all day sucked. So I pulled out my phone and wrote...

"Because it's socially unacceptable to speak to people on the train I'm having to resort to this. I think you're cute and wondered if you'd like to go out for a drink sometime?"

...and waved it in her face. She read it, smiled at me, then took my phone and wrote her number and name on it.

Spoiler

My heart broke when I opened the spoiler. :frown:
This thread always makes me smile. :')
If you're a smoker it's easy. Woo for a quicker death and easy chat up lines
"Would you like a jelly baby? They're rather good." :wink:
I dunno about everyone else here, but I'm dissapointed you haven't done this. :'(
Original post by Auchtermuchty
Hmmm I was sad enough to read up on these things in my youth...

For anyone interested the book the Venusian Artist is quite fun :biggrin: breaks down pick up into a science. Peacocking (dressing to stand out from the crowd), time constraints (showing you have no fear of being rejected as your busy anyway) and negs (playful insults to show you're not intimidated by her beauty) are very valid ideas.

For day game I think the best thing is to get into the habit of talking to strangers. If you pass an attractive lady on principle ask her for directions or the time. Then as you get more confident ask where the best clubs are ect.

Then move onto something like this:

Wearing a top hat (peacocking!)
Me (smiling): Hey
(response)
Me: I've only got a minute (time constraint) but I had to tell you that your hair is a total mess (neg... You can be more creative here but it must be delivered in a playful manner.)
(response)
Me: Anyway I'm new to this area do you know where the best clubs are?
Convo convo move to finale
You know I think your pretty ok maybe we could be friends, my strange messy haired friend (optional neg :smile: - putting the Girl in your friend zone is a cool move she'll be wondering why you're not hitting on her...
(favourable reply)
Me: Shall we swap numbers and meet up sometime?*(Or asking for email is also a legit strategy... Either way she responds make light of it as if you were not be concerned by the outcome.)

Just be creative... I heard about folks who deliberately bumped (literally) into women to initiate a convo.

Anyway have fun! Back in the day I had some amusement and success with these principles. Nb: you should probably just ignore all this and just be yourself :biggrin:

Tldr: Talk to strangers in general and if you have no idea do some reading around the subject of pick up for some basic ideas.

Trying to pick up a girl by pretending you're not trying to pick her up. Lame bro, lame. Real men are direct and upfront about their intentions.
Here is how you approach random girls on the street. It's from a show called the 'Tru player show'. Basically, the object of the show is for a guy to approach girls in the street and see how many phone numbers he can get in the space of an hour. The one who gets the most numbers wins. Here are several videos from the show....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQEqSIqB_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyD6E2prijI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPpAYu3ZIFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCYPTqZWLw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybWXOY66IQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocTC8ngOgfc
Reply 294
Original post by Oswald Mosley
Just grab her hand and forcefully place it on your cock, then say "feel the power!". Girls love that kind of stuff. Girls also like being treated like ****, so you may want to give her a bit of a spanking too, and maybe shove her up against a wall to assert your male dominance.

...this....i like this
I'll tell you what works, this guy came up to me in the street today and said he'd seen me walk past him just before and he'd come over to say hi because he thought I was beautiful :colondollar: he got my number for that.

This thread is hilarious, but op I was so hoping you'd actually post videos of you trying all these ideas out. :frown:
Reply 296
chat her up with 'you are my oxygen.' Or take your dog out for a walk, but make sure its a friendly one, and get the dog to run up to her, and then talk about how adorable and fluffy the dog is, whilst trying to sound straight.
Reply 297
Original post by Lewroll
X

I thought you were going to try all of these methods out? :confused:
Original post by Woody44
How much does a polar bear weigh?

Enough to break the ice, hi I'm George....

SMOOTH.

Hahaha that is actually funny :biggrin:

Love this thread, keep it going gurls and guys
Reply 299
I have been approached on the street many -many- times.
The only reason it happens so much is that I live in a high density city and walk around alone alot (cheapest form of transport yo).

Many methods have been tried, only two have ever gained my number. When someone approaches me on the street and tries to chat me up, I think they only want sex. Even if they did genuinely really wish they knew me, I treat them as though that is all they want (rejecting them as politely but firmly as I can; I've gotten better at this - the firmness/politeness balance. I used to be way too polite and it would take me too long to make them leave me alone, but I'm still never mean or cruel).

To start conversations I've had people:
- ask for directions, the time or if I was lost
- dropped things near me so I picked them up for them
- ask where I got my socks/dress/hat because they like it
- ask about the art I am looking at
- say they recognised me/asked if they knew me
- tell me I looked sad/asked if I was okay
- wake me up at the last stop on the train (oops)

All of these work in a sense, I think they just have a genuine enquiry and that is the reason they approach me. But when they stay with me, follow me, start complimenting my appearance and asking to get a coffee or my phone number, I no longer trust them and believe they just want sex.

Things that don't even come close to working:

- Pulling up and asking if I want a lift in their car. No Mr. Stranger, I don't care that you're a similar age to me.

- Saying "I've been watching you".
It doesn't seem sexy or romantic, it is creepy. Extremely. Creepy. By watching you, I mean over an undisclosed lengthy period of time, they tell me the streets they have seen me frequently walking on and tell me they have been trying to work out why I go to certain areas (why do you travel there? do you work/study there? visit family?) and where my house is (where do you live? ... Yeah, I know you live in that area (:lolwut:), I mean which street specifically?). This isn't even an isolated event, four separate men have told me this. Thank goodness they seem harmless and three of them never could work out where I live (happened to all be in their early 20s too). The fourth did figure it out... He approached me when I was literally right next to my house and struck up conversation. Then he asked where I lived, I hesitated for a moment thinking '****... can I lie and then continue walking and wait around the corner for him to leave so I can come back to my house?' I was really tired at the time and aware I had been hesitating too long, so I just said 'Uh... well, right here actually'. He smiled broadly and said something along the lines of: "Hah. I knew that, I've been watching you. I've seen you walking these streets. I just wanted to see if you would tell me the truth or not... So, still sure you don't want to get a drink sometime?" Luckily when I was firm and polite with him, he just understood and I haven't seen him again. Otherwise I'd be calling the police, but I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
One of them also asked me why I was always walking everywhere, and said he really wanted to see me getting the bus tomorrow. Made me feel very uncomfortable. He tried to make me accept him topping up my Oyster card but of course I refused. Luckily only one of these four men has spoken to me more than once, but they seem to understand and get the idea that I'm not interested - after trying as hard as they could when they finally did decide to approach me.

- Saying please repeatedly after they have been rejected, it's actually scary and makes me feel very uncomfortable.

- Following me despite being told repeatedly that I don't want to give my number/meet up/be friends, for between 5-20 minutes, while I'm trying to walk somewhere... getting faster to try and make them leave my side, while they're still just trying to reason with/persuade me. This has happened tens of times, literally.

- If the girl says no, then no again, then keeps saying "I don't talk/give my number to strangers", repeatedly replying with "But everyone is a stranger at first! I'm a really nice/friendly/genuine guy!" isn't going to work. The girl is just trying to say 'I'm not interested, go away now' without being rude. This has also happened tens of times, I only revert to saying this when nothing else seems to be working, because saying this never works to make them go away faster for me. -.-"

I could go on forever, I have far too many stories to tell, but I guess I'll leave it at that. Didn't even get to the success stories but it's been 3/4 of an hour lol.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending