The Student Room Group

Anyone applied through plus med to study medicine in Romania?

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had applied from the UK to study medicine for 2011 entry at the University of Carol Davila in Romania through plusmedstudents. The website is www.plusmedstudents.com

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, me. I don't know if it's a good idea though. What if it's a scam or something? Or what if after the 6 years, we return to the UK and find out our course isn't recognised by the UK, or that we can't get any F2 places here?
Reply 2
Original post by Fearsmoker
Yes, me. I don't know if it's a good idea though. What if it's a scam or something? Or what if after the 6 years, we return to the UK and find out our course isn't recognised by the UK, or that we can't get any F2 places here?

I wouldnt think its a scam! because UCAS sent us their details didnt they? and they have a clear website that we can report about. Are you from the UK?
Have you been assigned a student advisor? and have you paid the 1000 euro deposit yet?
Reply 3
Original post by sweet_pearl
I wouldnt think its a scam! because UCAS sent us their details didnt they? and they have a clear website that we can report about. Are you from the UK?
Have you been assigned a student advisor? and have you paid the 1000 euro deposit yet?

That's what i thought haha. I'm from the UK yeah (north east). I've been assigned to an advisor, and i haven't paid the deposit yet because i'm still unsure!

Who's your advisor?
Reply 4
That's what i thought haha. I'm from the UK yeah (north east). I've been assigned to an advisor, and i haven't paid the deposit yet because i'm still unsure!

Who's your advisor?

Haha yeah neither have I. Well I have talked to two so far - one of them, Anil and the other Komel. It depends if you are a boy, you get a boy and if you are a girl, you get a girl.
Anyways so are you going to apply?
Reply 5
Haha yeah neither have I. Well I have talked to two so far - one of them, Anil and the other Komel. It depends if you are a boy, you get a boy and if you are a girl, you get a girl.
Anyways so are you going to apply?

I'm about to, but i don't want to go this year as i want to go next year, i'd be leaving so much behind! Can i apply next year or not?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm about to, but i don't want to go this year as i want to go next year, i'd be leaving so much behind! But my dad is kind of saying i might not get another chance next year, do you think this is true? Can i apply next year or not?

Yeah I dont see why not. But personally I dont want to waste a year! Anyways do you know of anyone else applying through plus med? I really want to get in touch with people who are going this year!
Reply 7
Yeah I dont see why not. But personally I dont want to waste a year! Anyways do you know of anyone else applying through plus med? I really want to get in touch with people who are going this year!

I don't know anyone else, no. But i've just booked my flight!

What's the situation with you? You applied yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I am also thinking of applying. Would rather not apply through plus med because they seem very expensive. Is there any other route?
Yes it seems a big step to go but want to start uni this year preferably.
What day are you going out there? I may see you there too!
Reply 9
wednesday, you?
Reply 10
Thinking about maybe towards the end of the week. Have you applied or just having a look around?
Reply 11
Hey

I am thinking of applying but I am still fishy about the university and the country!
Is it really safe out there! And I defo want to come to the uk to practice but I hope we can get f2 places!
Reply 12
i've applied, flying out on wednesday. and i thought it was fishy but ive spoken to a guy there and it sounds absolutely fine.
f2 places will be fine to get apparently because the 6 year course means we'd be overqualified - as it integrates f1 into the course as well, so we'd go straight into f2.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Hi Fearsmoker,
I will be confirming my booking tomorrow. Once it is confirmed, it would be good to meet up there and catch up. I will be probably coming with my parents. Are you meeting Anil from plusmedstudents?
Reply 14
yeah i am. are you flying out on wednesday?
Reply 15
yeah i am. are you flying out on wednesday?

Hi,
I wanted to know how you guys made the payment for the 1000 euros as they have asked you to do it in euros but its a british account! so shouldnt the payment be made in pounds! How did you guys make the payment?
Reply 16
i didnt, carrying it in cash over to bucharest
Reply 17
i didnt, carrying it in cash over to bucharest

Really? Are you applying through Plusmed yeah? But they have made it clear you have to make the payment
Reply 18
Hi guys,
I've applied through a different agency (study med abroad) - i'm in bucharest at the moment, I'm from the UK too. I've applied to study medicine at carol davila too for entry this year. If any of you are in bucharest now or in the next few weeks, it would be good to meet up and meet some more people from the UK, because i've hardly found any so far.
Hemma
x
Reply 19
Original post by hemms
Hi guys,
I've applied through a different agency (study med abroad) - i'm in bucharest at the moment, I'm from the UK too. I've applied to study medicine at carol davila too for entry this year. If any of you are in bucharest now or in the next few weeks, it would be good to meet up and meet some more people from the UK, because i've hardly found any so far.
Hemma
x

Hello there, I have a friend who is in Bucharest and he says the deadline is pretty much over for Carola Davila, you need to also have something from the Ministry of Education in Bucharest.

Why did you apply through the agency, they are known as con men...

Quick Reply

Latest