The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skipp
Oo now that's a tactic I hadn't tried...is training a 3rd whimsicott overkill? Not sure which team I'd use it on though :hmmmm:

It's actually an old Battle Tower trick, and it fails if the AI switches out, but at the very least you cripple one Pokemon and you can spam +1 Priority Flash/Charm on the next to keep Whimsicott alive. It's pretty situational, so I guess it's only really been used in the Battle Subway. And no, that's not overkill - EV training a Gen I team cause you're bored is overkill... :s-smilie:

On that note, this Pokesoc needs moar active members - I don't care if it's a Saturday night and you have 'lives', I'm bored :colonhash:
Reply 61
Original post by R.J. Omega
It's actually an old Battle Tower trick, and it fails if the AI switches out, but at the very least you cripple one Pokemon and you can spam +1 Priority Flash/Charm on the next to keep Whimsicott alive. It's pretty situational, so I guess it's only really been used in the Battle Subway. And no, that's not overkill - EV training a Gen I team cause you're bored is overkill... :s-smilie:

On that note, this Pokesoc needs moar active members - I don't care if it's a Saturday night and you have 'lives', I'm bored :colonhash:

Aye, sort of playing on the weakness of the AI, in that it can't really make decisions for things like that :laugh:

You using actual gen 1 or fr/lg? The latter I could play all day...the former's just too grainy for me now :colondollar: I've been spoilt by modern graphics

And we have loads more than we used to :p:
This talk of new members makes me feel a bit sad, the pokemon forum I moderate on has well and truly turned into a ghost town :ashamed2:

On the plus side, managed to drag my rating back up into the top ten on the Smogon server, won't be long until I'm top 3 (hopefully!) [=
Original post by skipp
Aye, sort of playing on the weakness of the AI, in that it can't really make decisions for things like that :laugh:

You using actual gen 1 or fr/lg? The latter I could play all day...the former's just too grainy for me now :colondollar: I've been spoilt by modern graphics

And we have loads more than we used to :p:

I mean making up a team of Gen I Pokemon on White :tongue: I get what you mean about the graphics, but in the opposite way - I can handle the old black and white graphics of Red and Blue, but the good-but-not-that-good graphics of Ruby and Sapphire is just a bit...weird...

And you wouldn't know it, you might as well rename the Pokesoc 'R.J. Omega's Addiction To Pokemon Thread' :colonhash:
Haven't checked out the pokemon thread in ages! How goes it people? I've stopped playing pokemon, but still follow the series :tongue:
Original post by ,,,,
Haven't checked out the pokemon thread in ages! How goes it people? I've stopped playing pokemon, but still follow the series :tongue:

It's going great, I reckon this is the best generation of Pokemon yet, although I think the general opinion is that HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best games :rolleyes: I haven't watched any Pokemon series in YEARS.
Fuuuuuuuu
Got back to number 4 on the ladder, get some ridiculous hax and end up getting beaten by a bloody lapras, and get knocked back down to number 9. Work my way back up to number 4 again, then Draco Meteor misses twice in a row and I lose to a roserade :|
Reply 67
Firstly if anyone wants a battle on one of the servers I'm now free :smile: I will need an explanation of how to do it all though, never successfully managed to have a battle due to my dimness :nothing: set pokemon to lvl 100 but not sure if 50's more normal? :erm:

I mean making up a team of Gen I Pokemon on White :tongue: I get what you mean about the graphics, but in the opposite way - I can handle the old black and white graphics of Red and Blue, but the good-but-not-that-good graphics of Ruby and Sapphire is just a bit...weird...

And you wouldn't know it, you might as well rename the Pokesoc 'R.J. Omega's Addiction To Pokemon Thread' :colonhash:

Oh awesome :p: is it wrong that I think that sounds like a fun idea? :erm: I like ruby & sapphire graphics...simple but not too glitchy :o:

About a year ago it should have been 'skipp's addiction to pokemon thread' :colonhash: Search back far enough and there are instances of me talking to myself about pokemon, because there was no one to reply :emo:

Sad times, although hopefully interest there will fluctuate like it does here & the number of members will go back up :yep:

And awesome :woo: see the top 3's still evading you though :p:
Original post by skipp
Firstly if anyone wants a battle on one of the servers I'm now free :smile: I will need an explanation of how to do it all though, never successfully managed to have a battle due to my dimness :nothing: set pokemon to lvl 100 but not sure if 50's more normal? :erm:

Oh awesome :p: is it wrong that I think that sounds like a fun idea? :erm: I like ruby & sapphire graphics...simple but not too glitchy :o:

About a year ago it should have been 'skipp's addiction to pokemon thread' :colonhash: Search back far enough and there are instances of me talking to myself about pokemon, because there was no one to reply :emo:

Sad times, although hopefully interest there will fluctuate like it does here & the number of members will go back up :yep:

And awesome :woo: see the top 3's still evading you though :p:

I shall take you up on that offer skipp :tongue: usually on PO the teams are set to 100, unless there's a particular tier (Challenge Cup) or strategy (Level 1 Sturdy Aron w/ Endeavor) you want to use.

The sad thing is, I already have been talking to myself with my 'notes' :facepalm2:
Reply 69
I shall take you up on that offer skipp :tongue: usually on PO the teams are set to 100, unless there's a particular tier (Challenge Cup) or strategy (Level 1 Sturdy Aron w/ Endeavor) you want to use.

The sad thing is, I already have been talking to myself with my 'notes' :facepalm2:

Aye I noticed those :p:

I did make notes but I don't always get round to doing the things I make notes about :sigh:

And awesome :cute: you want a battle now or later?
Original post by skipp
Aye I noticed those :p:

I did make notes but I don't always get round to doing the things I make notes about :sigh:

And awesome :cute: you want a battle now or later?

Let's have one now, I've reset my tier to use my Steel team again :colone:

Btw I'm on PO's own server and my username's RiggyRob :laugh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Let's have one now, I've reset my tier to use my Steel team again :colone:
RiggyRob :laugh:

:zomg: you said the name, gonna have to ask you to edit that out of your post :o:

Remember what we discussed :indiff:

I'm using PO instead, just 2 letters so no endorsement of anything :ahee:

I will be there shortly
Reply 72
'Riggy Rob' is busy :rave:
Reply 73
Apologies RJ, tinternet went for a second :sigh: I'll be on in a min
Reply 74
Quick rundown of mine & RJ's battle, RJ used his steel team & I went for breloom/flygon/tentacruel/skarmory/reuniclus & originally weavile, later mamo. RJ kicked my ass leaving the final score at 10000000000000000000 - 2 :p:

I'm now quite afraid of metagross
Original post by skipp
Quick rundown of mine & RJ's battle, RJ used his steel team & I went for breloom/flygon/tentacruel/skarmory/reuniclus & originally weavile, later mamo. RJ kicked my ass leaving the final score at 10000000000000000000 - 2 :p:

I'm now quite afraid of metagross

Oh stop it you :tongue: it was 8-2, but my god that Flygon was a pain in the arse. Also, we didn't have Sleep Clause on at the start, so for the first 6 matches Breloom managed to Spore 3 of my Pokemon at a time :laugh:

But yeah, Rain Dance + Air Balloon on Metagross = no weaknesses. Be afraid children, be very afraid :colone:
I like celeby.
Reply 77
Oh stop it you :tongue: it was 8-2, but my god that Flygon was a pain in the arse. Also, we didn't have Sleep Clause on at the start, so for the first 6 matches Breloom managed to Spore 3 of my Pokemon at a time :laugh:

But yeah, Rain Dance + Air Balloon on Metagross = no weaknesses. Be afraid children, be very afraid :colone:

Is sleep clause standard now then? Things have moved on since I last played against human beings who live more than 100m from me :o: might make me have to rethink my strategy
i would just like to say i was one of the biggest pokemon fans when i was younger, really loved the game. hope in the future the can make a game mainly suitable for adults, any one agree?
Reply 79
Original post by mohsanrabbani
i would just like to say i was one of the biggest pokemon fans when i was younger, really loved the game. hope in the future the can make a game mainly suitable for adults, any one agree?

It's a game with many layers, so depending on how you play it can be more adult-orientated or more child-friendly. Anything new is potentially good though, so if they did make a game targeted at adults I'd buy it in an instant :yep: but at the same time the current game structure works for me :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending