The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaRiShM4a
I wish they featured Akon in the video with Kareena but oh well :frown: Don't know why there's two versions of Rabba but I actually prefer the original one lol.

Let me know what Bodyguard is like :smile: read a review and it's sounding really good, might actually enjoy a Salman Khan movie after a long time.

Original post by KaRiShM4a
Agneepath trailer:

Bodyguard is actually a superb romantic action drama, high on emotions with some comic elements. A thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable cinematic experience overall

NEWS: Aarakshan has been declared a flop by Box Office India. Bodyguard has taken the biggest opening day for an Indian film on wednesday over here in the UK and India, biggest second day in India (actually biggest weekday in history in India). It has been declared a super-hit just on it's third day.

The Agneepath promo looks great. Loving Sanjay Dutt's new look.
(edited 12 years ago)
Saw 'Lucky: no time for love' (2005) yesterday. It's actually the only Bollywood movie to be set in Russia, so the film is not only a mind blowing tale of love, but also a visual treat. I really recommend it.
Reply 3542
Original post by MostCompetitive
The 'chamak challo' track is quite interesting. Although I don't think SRK suits the whole superhero thing, I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can do in that kind of unfamiliar territory.

From the Mausam soundtrack, 'Rabba' (Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's version, but it won't be the one used in the film for some reason) is the best track. This one's pretty good too though. What really caught my eye when I saw that promo is the cinematography. Why did they make 2 versions of 'Rabba' though?

'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', Ready and Bodyguard - the only really good and complete soundtracks released this year. In fact, all of the songs from those 3 films entered the charts.

Going to catch Bodyguard on Wednesday. It's the first foreign film to release mid-week over here.

Teri Meri has stayed at number 1 on the BBC asian charts.

3 Idiots released on a Wednesday as well.
Original post by RVNmax
3 Idiots released on a Wednesday as well.

hmmm.... well after wiki'ing it I found that it released on Friday 25th December 2009 (on the film poster too) with some shows apparently being on the Thursday in India. A great film though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Saw 'Lucky: no time for love' (2005) yesterday. It's actually the only Bollywood movie to be set in Russia, so the film is not only a mind blowing tale of love, but also a visual treat. I really recommend it.

I remember a song from it chori chori by sonu nigaam i think. Really like that song :tongue:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I remember a song from it chori chori by sonu nigaam i think. Really like that song :tongue:

Yes you're right, and so do I. 'sun zara' is also a good song, but all the tracks from the soundtrack are pretty good.
Please can you help me guys. People seem to have deserted my Hindi/Urdu thread. Now I am left with people who are chatting in English. As lovers of bollywood, I am sure you can revive the whole reason why the thread was created - to help people communicate with each other in Hindi/Urdu.
Here is the thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1727893
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by haleem
Bol is an amazing film :emo:

Seeing it tomorrow.
Reply 3548
hmmm.... well after wiki'ing it I found that it released on Friday 25th December 2009 (on the film poster too) with some shows apparently being on the Thursday in India. A great film though.

In the UK it released on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 as they didn't want to release it on boxing day/christmas.

I know because I went to watch it on orange wednesdays, I don't go on any other day lol.
Original post by RVNmax
In the UK it released on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 as they didn't want to release it on boxing day/christmas.

I know because I went to watch it on orange wednesdays, I don't go on any other day lol.

Asians can't help themselves being stingy can they? :tongue:
Reply 3550
Original post by anshul95
Asians can't help themselves being stingy can they? :tongue:

speaking of which, I am going to watch Bodyguard tomorrow.
:hi:

Haven't seen this thread before :redface: Can anyone recommend any films at the moment?
Reply 3552
Just saw Bodyguard. Loved it.
Original post by StarChamber
:hi:

Haven't seen this thread before :redface: Can anyone recommend any films at the moment?

What kind of films are you after? (preferred genre/time of release etc).

Look for 'Bodyguard' in cinemas now.
Original post by RVNmax
speaking of which, I am going to watch Bodyguard tomorrow.

lol you will definitely enjoy it. Never really looked into orange wednesdays. What's the deal?

What kind of films are you after? (preferred genre/time of release etc).

Look for 'Bodyguard' in cinemas now.

I'm not too fussed to be honest. I used to be quite keen to watch new Hindi films. Nowadays I just watch old films on ZeeTv and the like.... :tongue:

Bodyguard seems quite fun. I might just go see it, thanks!
Reply 3556
lol you will definitely enjoy it. Never really looked into orange wednesdays. What's the deal?

It is buy one get one free.

If you have Orange sim card, you can either text 'FILM' to 453, or ring '453'. You will receive a text ticket costing about 30p.

You then go to cinema on a Wed, and ask to buy two tickets on Orange Wednesday. They ask for code on the text that you received and then voilà, you get the cheapest priced ticket out of the two for free! :smile:
Original post by haleem
Bol is an amazing film :emo:

Pakistani films finally picking up :ahee:
Cant wait to see it xD
Original post by blush.ox
Pakistani films finally picking up :ahee:
Cant wait to see it xD

Agree with Haleem, its one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I say this cuz it shows really well the restrictiveness desi women face...discouraged to study, work or play any sports even among the more affluent/educated families. Its got witty lines here n there, so its not too serious at any time
Yes you're right, and so do I. 'sun zara' is also a good song, but all the tracks from the soundtrack are pretty good.

Yeah heard that as well I think. Good songs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest