The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Hey guys,

Seeing as there isn't a 2012 entry applicant's thread yet, I decided to create one. I'm applying to Biology C100 as an international student.

As last year's thread states: name your course/subject and chat away!

Scroll to see replies

Good afternoon,

I'm probably going to apply to Sussex for M100 Law.

Anyone else?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Hello! I'll be applying for Ecology and Conservation CD94. Haven't been to an open day yet, going on the 8th of October.
Anyone here applying for this course or similar at Sussex?
Hello!

I think im gona have a shot at Physics, but im not sure if ill be able to meet their BBB offer, seeing as im looking like more of a BBC student.
Reply 4
Original post by AndyLowson

Hello!

I think im gona have a shot at Physics, but im not sure if ill be able to meet their BBB offer, seeing as im looking like more of a BBC student.

Hey! When do you think you're going to submit your application? Do you think they'll give out offers for those below the requirements? I'm asking because I'm scared I might be more or less in the same position, I'm not sure yet.
Original post by ppincus
Hey! When do you think you're going to submit your application? Do you think they'll give out offers for those below the requirements? I'm asking because I'm scared I might be more or less in the same position, I'm not sure yet.

I was going to check out the open day in October and then take it from there. I already have my C in A2 maths though so i might discuss the possibility of getting it to a B and having a better chance of getting in.

But Hull + Hertfordshire look good and they'll accept BBC, so im considering those too.

Nice to see somebody in the same position, trying to put that in a positive way! Worried i was alone in this big university world lark...
im considering sussex as one my choices for the law llb course. Im on a gap year at the moment, im planning to bump my grades up to an AAC/A*AC, I am also picking up A2 general studies. Whats the likelihood i will receive an offer from sussex?

btw ... what does the law school at sussex look like? I've tried googling but i couldnt find anything related to the law school.
Reply 7
i will probably apply to Susex for American Studies...

the did push the grades up to AAB this year though :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Going to apply for L100 Economics BA

Doing business studies, history, biology and physics at A2 but like some of you I'm predicted BBC and need ABB, hopefully I can get an A in Biology. Also hoping with the new fees and regulations they may lower grades as I'm first from my family to go to uni.
H301 Mechanical Engineering

Hello!

I'm a BCDE at AS student, going for a BBB, so it's not the end of the world yet
Reply 10
gonna apply for social work, says ABB-BBB, touch wood be ok
Reply 11
Going to apply for Computing for Digital Media G460. ABB! Gotta work hard & I definitely will!
I might apply. Going to an open day first. Will have to try and get Psychology off. Why are none of their open days on a weekend?:s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Think I'll be applying for Economics!
Original post by siwelmail
H301 Mechanical Engineering

I'm a BCDE at AS student, going for a BBB, so it's not the end of the world yet

Where else are you applying to buddy?

I've been told to aim for AAB :frown:
Where else are you applying to buddy?

I've been told to aim for AAB :frown:

Brunel 401 BBB
Nottingham H302 AAB-BBB
Loughborough H301 ABB

They're all Bengs

My pred. grades are probably going to be BCC I think
applying for bsc geography :smile:
Original post by siwelmail
Brunel 401 BBB
Nottingham H302 AAB-BBB
Loughborough H301 ABB

They're all Bengs

My pred. grades are probably going to be BCC I think

Shame not many other uni's offer physics at my (BBB) level, but alas, with hard work Sussex will become a reality!
Reply 18
I've applied for Chemistry BSc (F100) - kind of a back up choice really.
Reply 19
Should be applying for Politics and Philosophy! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending