The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
Yea, not a great thing if you get drunk after 3 bottles apparently, lol i managed 6 tonight

Aha, just keep getting better eh?
Reply 2441
Original post by a moist feeling
Just buy rum :sexface: you will get nice and drunk :tongue: I am a lightweight too :five:

Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Aha, just keep getting better eh?

Yea i managed 6 to get drunk though :smile:, couple of people got stoned, including this hot slutty girl :sogood:

How come people don't like it when you're lightweight?
Original post by dmz
Yea i managed 6 to get drunk though :smile:, couple of people got stoned, including this hot slutty girl :sogood:

Nice, have you smoked any yet? :gah: mmm gotta love the slutty ones :tongue:

It is because they are jealous of how little money you have to spend :colone: but it is probably something more trivial like they think you are less manly because you get drunk easier? But really who cares :h:
Reply 2443
Nice, have you smoked any yet? :gah: mmm gotta love the slutty ones :tongue:

It is because they are jealous of how little money you have to spend :colone: but it is probably something more trivial like they think you are less manly because you get drunk easier? But really who cares :h:

They would let me have any cos they said i was gonna conk out :hmmm:

I know, it's stupid and no-one could come up with a logical argument, lol. I'll just hold on till everyone else is drunk :tongue:, like i spent nothing at all today towards alcohol :biggrin:
Original post by dmz

Look at you, already scouting. :wink:

Probably because you won't last very long when they're yelling "DOWN IT FRESHERRRR!" :tongue:
I have 10 ****ing warning points. Stupid TSR! Be rid of it soon :tongue:
Reply 2446
Look at you, already scouting. :wink:

Probably because you won't last very long when they're yelling "DOWN IT FRESHERRRR!" :tongue:

sorry about before, fell asleep. tonight was the best so far, made out couple of times, and one of my flat mate is spanish :wink: love her, lol

Haha,need to keep some money for freshers
I have 10 ****ing warning points. Stupid TSR! Be rid of it soon :tongue:

What did you do? :whip:

Original post by dmz
sorry about before, fell asleep. tonight was the best so far, made out couple of times, and one of my flat mate is spanish :wink: love her, lol

Haha,need to keep some money for freshers

Aha, score for Demi. I bet you're already planning for tonight.

The overdraft will always be there... I know so many people who've already spent most, if not all of it (and not entirely on accommodation either).

I have somehow ended up with a railcard despite making an account in August. :smug: The picture is so weird! :rofl2:
Reply 2448

Aha, score for Demi. I bet you're already planning for tonight.

The overdraft will always be there... I know so many people who've already spent most, if not all of it (and not entirely on accommodation either).

I have somehow ended up with a railcard despite making an account in August. :smug: The picture is so weird! :rofl2:

Haha, not yet, my room's wrecked tho, need to sort it, so many ****ing bottles in the kitchen, we need to sort that as well then i'm back to bed :yep:

Haha, got a job as a promoter, got 20 odd hours next week and £300 worth of tickets to sell, i get 50

They said my account will change automatically and it hasn't :frown:

A competition with someone on TSR to see how close we can get to 15 warning points :teehee: I'm winning :proud:

I keep going out with the intention of buying stuff for uni but seem to be getting more clothes each time. Although I did get some very nice boots :coma:
Reply 2450
A competition with someone on TSR to see how close we can get to 15 warning points :teehee: I'm winning :proud:

:frown:
Original post by Beska

I've given up now if that's any consolation. I won't be on really at all after the 17th :h:
Haha I'm watching Kevin and Perry Go Large :tongue: brings back memories :rofl:
Original post by Beska

beska :ahee:

i need ur brains........so still need to print off my shopping list n buy things.......1st thing is my duvet noticed all the togs so im always cold need something to snuggle up to :wink: so i'm thinking 10.5 or a 13.5 tog :s-smilie: that is a normal winter duvet right? then what this other stuff like hollow fibre........all i want is a duvet why dont they speak english :erm: so what exactly do i look at? thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 2454
Original post by sarah1991

i need ur brains........so still need to print off my shopping list n buy things.......1st thing is my duvet noticed all the togs so im always cold need something to snuggle up to :wink: so i'm thinking 10.5 or a 13.5 tog :s-smilie: that is a normal winter duvet right? then what this other stuff like hollow fibre........all i want is a duvet why dont they speak english :erm: so what exactly do i look at? thanks in advance :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Go for 13.5 if you are always cold/want to snuggle. 10.5 is a little bit on the colder side, 13.5 is a good compromise imo. They do a 15 but that is like super super warm so might be a bit too hot in summer. Don't go for an all-seasons one because they are a massive faff (unless you really like making your bed, in which case go ahead!)

Hollow fibre etc. is what the the duvet is filled with. I wouldn't go for hollow fibre or whatever, go for a natural filling. Feathers and down are the same warmth, but feathers are heavier than down (in actual weight). Duck down/feathers are heavier than goose down/feathers. It's really just down to what you prefer. For example, a 13.5 tog duck feather will be much heavier than a 13.5 tog goose down but the same warmth.

If you like weight I'd go for duck down & feather (like, a combination). If you do go for just duck feathers, buy a slightly better quality duvet or you might find that the feathers stick through your duvet + duvet cover and prick into your body at night (annoying as hell). Same goes for pillows.

Hope that helps. :cool:
Reply 2455

I'm not going to question Beska's freaky knowledge, although if I had bought my duvet myself, I would have done some extensive research too... just not BSc Tog indepth like him :tongue:

If it helps, I'm taking a 13.5 tog hollow fibre - the cheaper option :biggrin: It's lightweight and in its present packaging, compact as well. My old duvet was quite strange in that it was comprised of two layers. Together, they have a 13.5 rating, but during the summer I can take one layer out. I don't bother though - I just go for the "one leg out" body cooling method :awesome:
Reply 2456
Original post by _lynx_
I'm not going to question Beska's freaky knowledge,

Quote of the day. :awesome:
Reply 2457

I'm getting mine from argos, it's pretty cheap (<£10). Can't remember the tog, think it's 13.5 or 15. I'm always cold though, there's only ever like four days in the year when i'm too warm for a thick duvet, so a 15 tog one sounds good.

But the argos one is good if you're on a tight budget!
Reply 2458
My current duvet was from the Next christmas sale. :awesome:

It's gotten flat and crappy though. :frown:
Reply 2459
argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe, so ****ing awesome

Latest

Trending

Trending