The Student Room Group

GIRLS, what do you eat daily?

Scroll to see replies

I'm losing weight at the moment, and this is my average day:

Breakfast: Either a mushroom omlette with vegetarian sausages or a bowl of porridge with peanut butter/cinnamon and blueberries/a blob of homemade jam. Generally served with a cup of coffee :colondollar:

Lunch: Usually something protein rich like chicken or tuna, served either as a salad or with a jacket potato. Rarely eat sandwiches anymore.

Dinner: Whatever my mum makes :tongue: usually about half a plate of green veggies with some kind of meat dish (e.g. beef stew, barbecue chicken) and occasionally some carbs which my mum seems adamant that I will eat some! I prefer to have a low carb tea otherwise I feel bloated and ick! Also have things like chicken fajitas on occasion :smile:

Snacks: One or two of the following a day- Light Babybel, Cheesestrings, 2 squares of Lindt 70% dark chocolate :biggrin:, houmous with a slice of toast, a handful of berries.

I'm 5'7 and classified as overweight (not obese any more yaay) on the BMI scale. I eat out once or twice a month, but only after I've done an epic workout at the gym. I work out 5+ times a week.
Reply 61
Breakfast: Ham toastie OR a whole can of beans and two slices of toast (seeded bread)
Lunch: Don't eat lunch, breakfast is more of a brunch
Snacks: Between breakfast and tea, fruit or a yoghurt.
Tea: Either: Pasta with veggies meat and sauce/ Chilli con carne in tortillas/ Chicken fajitas/ Vegetable and meat stir fry/pie with veg and potatoes

Im about 5'1-5'2 and weigh 9st exactly
Wherever I can I make things from scratch... partly because I can control how many calories go into my food and partly because it tastes so much better! :biggrin:

Breakfast - dependent on the weather really but usually one of the following:
Banana with 0% greek yoghurt and honey
Porridge with frozen fruit stirred in whilst it cooks
Scrambled eggs on one slice of wholemeal toast with grilled mushrooms or tomatoes

Lunch - either leftovers or one of the following:
Homemade soup with wholemeal bread
Chicken or tuna salad with roast veg
Noodle soup with lots of ginger, garlic, spring onions and veg with prawns/chicken/pork
Baked potato with tuna and salad

Dinner - really depends because I love cooking and new recipes! But it is generally meat or fish based and with lots of veggies and brown rice/potatoes/quinoa/couscous/noodles as my carb. Some of my staple dishes are:
Steamed trout with ginger, garlic, chilli and spring onions served with rice and pak choi
Prawn/chicken/beef stir fry with loads of veg served with noodles
Grilled marinated chicken served with ratatouille and couscous
Stuffed peppers/aubergine (with rice, veg and mince inside) served with salad
Chicken/prawn curry

Snacks: boiled egg with a dash of soya sauce/fruit/crackers/something naughty every once in a while
I don't understand how people manage to eat as little as they claim. How does anyone make it all the way through to tea time on nothing expect diet coke. Do you stay in bed all day or something?

Yesterday I had:
toasted bagel with beans for breakfast.
M&S chicken, giant couscous and butternut squash salad for lunch with a flapjack and cloudy lemonade.
Dinner was a salmon fishcake and a tuna fishcake with rice and some thai green curry sauce.
Also had a gingerbread latte, some cheese, a slice of bread, strawberries and some ferrero rocher.

I'm 5ft 10 and not overweight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Breakfast: Weetabix with milk and a banana / Hard boiled eggs :smile:
Lunch: Salad / Sandwich / Omelette with a piece of fruit or two
Dinner: Whatever I can be bothered to cook :smile: Usually plain pasta, rice, fish etc with vegetables

Snacks: Fruit Flakes <3 <3 actual fruit, water and juice.

I feel like such a fatty now, some people on here barely eat anything :frown:
I'm 5'10 and 11st, I just eat when I'm hungry really so no set meal plan.
Usually Bran flakes with a glass of orange juice in the morning, then if I'm out i grab whatever is available for lunch (like a tuna potato or chicken wrap) then dinners always different as I'm always cooking, last night was homemade spaghetti meat balls mm :smile:
Woah! noticed someone was my height but 9st! you must be so tiny! thats the same as my slim mum and shes 5'6!
(edited 12 years ago)
Breakfast - brown toast with nutella and a mug of tea
Lunch - Sandwich, fruit and a yoghurt
Tea- pasta or something with rice
errrm, it varies a lot tbh, depending on mood / how busy I am. I can go a whole day with nothing really consituting a 'meal' per se, but i'll grab a fair amount of bits and peices as im rushing around.

Y'day: breakfast: cornflakes + skimmed milk
lunch: big fat burger :/ :tongue:
dinner: homemade leek and potato and broccoli bake thing.

snack: crumpets!

today breakfast: none
lunch: tuna salad sandwich, apple, green tea
dinner: homemade chicken curry + rice

snack: tea and biscuits a plenty!

This is an example of my past two days, a lot of the time i eat leftovers from mahoosive meals i make and freeze in portions though :smile:
i'm 5'5 and 8 ish stones last time i bothered to check!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
Firstly my diet is rubbish, Secondly I'm Celiac & Lactose intolerent.., Food is a hard task sometimes

1st. Breakfast; Bagel with soya butter
Cigarette
2nd Breakfast; Soya yougart
Snack; Soya chocolate milk
Cigarette
1st. Lunch; 3 rice cakes, sliced gherkins & wafer thin ham
2nd. Lunch Slice of Gluten Free toast with peanut butter & jam
Snack; Wotsits [If I'm feeling naughty] OR Prawn cocktail walkers crisps
Cigarette
Snack; Coke-a-cola
Cigarette
Dinner; Jacket potato with tuna & sweet corn with no egg mayo & salad cream
Cigarette
Snack; Crisps or sweeties,

Thats pretty much a days eating on a good day, I really do snack that much, I have to eat little and often, because of all the soya protine I eat I get full quickly, plus I guess smoking supresses appetite.
Also being Celiac & Lactose Intolerent I can't eat take-aways, milk/ white chocolate, ready-meals, packet short-cuts, the only fast food I can have is chips, & thats if their cooked in seperate oil from the battered food
My downfall is I :heart: sweet sugary food :biggrin:

I'm 20 and 5'7, the last time I checked I was 9st 11 [thats 127.5 lb's]
I have a BMI of about 20
I don't exercise regularly, except when the boyf is around :colondollar:
Original post by JessyPhil
Breakfast: Weetabix with milk and a banana / Hard boiled eggs :smile:
Lunch: Salad / Sandwich / Omelette with a piece of fruit or two
Dinner: Whatever I can be bothered to cook :smile: Usually plain pasta, rice, fish etc with vegetables

Snacks: Fruit Flakes <3 <3 actual fruit, water and juice.

I feel like such a fatty now, some people on here barely eat anything :frown:

You don't eat much either by the sounds of it! You really don't need to worry about eating too much, I'd say you could do with eating a bit more.

Really don't see how so many people skip breakfast and lunch. If I skip either one I feel like I'm going to collapse and get really moody lol
Original post by PaperChain
You don't eat much either by the sounds of it! You really don't need to worry about eating too much, I'd say you could do with eating a bit more.

Really don't see how so many people skip breakfast and lunch. If I skip either one I feel like I'm going to collapse and get really moody lol

No, I really do eat a lot :smile: I just ate a whole can of tuna for lunch :P I have to be really careful about how much I eat because I've got a stupid under active thyroid which, among other things, slows your metabolism down to almost nothing :angry:
Reply 71
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
omg what the actual **** im 5 4 too and even being 8 1/2 stone / 8 stone id be skiiny ur seriously underweight idiot.

op i eat junk cos im addicted/honey coated cereal/chocolate/curry/biscuits anything and everything inn the house:smile:

5 ft 4 havent weighed myself but quite curvy

seriously this girls sick.

I'm 5"4 and eight and a half stone and I'm not skinny at all - in fact, quite the opposite. Don't be so rude to someone just because they seem thin. There's nothing nice about insulting someone due to their weight, whether they be fat or thin.
Breakfast: Either Scots porage oats with skimmed milk and dried fruit or raspberry jam, or wheatabix with skimmed milk and banana. Any other cereal leaves me starving by about 10am.
Lunch: 1/2 a portion of mini beansprout burgers (homemade), meatballs (homemade), chicken, quorn or eggs, with a couple of different vegs and either some pasta, couscous or rice, then with either fruit or a mini muffin (homemade).
Dinner: Similar to lunch in bigger portions (on different days) or jacket potato with tuna and peas, mushroom risotto, noodles with veg, pasta with tinned salmon etc. I try not to eat too much processed food, but I do have the occasional takeaway or some chocolate.
Snacks: Mandarins, orange juice and pink apples. Nom.

I'm 5"2 and about 115lbs, but I don't do too much exercise, just some running and dancing.
Reply 73
What I ate yesterday:
Banana
Cheese omelette with a bagel
2 chocolate bars
2 oranges
Soup and 2 slices of bread
Packet of crisps
I normally snack more than this :/
I’m 5ft 2 and weigh around 110 pounds
Reply 74
Breakfast: Normally just a glass of milk, but when I stay at the boyfriends he brings me croissants and jam in bed, with orange juice :biggrin:

Lunch: Sandwich and crisps, or an omelette, then normally a piece of fruit. Normally flavoured water with this. (Although all I had was cereal today)

Dinner: Anything really, pasta, meat dishes with potatoes and veg, noodles, curry, grilled chicken... generally whatever is put in front of me. Then normally something like strawberries and yoghurt and something chocolatey if I can find it. Flavoured water with this too normally.

Snacks: Lots of fruit, cheese, beef jerky, sometimes pitta and dips.

Im 5'4'' and about 12 stone, I tend to wear size 12 on top, 14 on bottom. 39-29-40. But my doctor says I'm totally healthy, and my body fat is in a healthy range. I have fairly muscular legs and heavy boobs, I like to think thats where the extra weight is (and ok maybe there is a bit of wobble on my belly haha)
Reply 75
Breakfast: Well, as I dislike most breakfast foods i tend to not to have anything even though i know it's the most important meal of the day etc etc! Sometimes i'll have a slice of toast with margerine or a cup of tea/coffee with skimmed milk.

Lunch: Some form of sandwich/wrap/panini..usually chicken with a packet of crisps.

Snack: More crisps probably or popcorn from Pret *yummm* & innocent fruit smoothie

Dinner: Usually...chicken breast (baked not fried), veggies/salad and some pasta.

Probably have junk food once a week with fries but dont ever have choc/dessert as I dont really have a sweet tooth

I'm 5"5 and 8 stone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Breakfast: Ready Brek and a piece of fruit
Snack: Cereal bar
Lunch: Sandwich (usually ham or tuna mayo), yoghurt, piece of fruit
Snack: Carrot sticks/piece of toast
Dinner: Depends on what my mum/dad makes, usually pasta with chicken and sweetcorn or something.

Drinks-wise I always drink diluting juice, like literally, it's the only thing I drink apart from water. And I very rarely eat sweets or chocolate but only because I don't actually like it, I'd rather have a sandwich than a cake. Savoury food > everything else. :smile:

I'm 8'2 and 5'3, and I'm pretty skinny (I'm not saying this to brag, it's just a fact and it's not something I necessarily like) ... why does every second girl on this thread seem to be 8st or less despite eating terribly? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
For breakfast, I have 2 weetabix biscuits + semi-skimmed milk + bit of sugar

For lunch/dinner/snacks - varies really, so can't really say.

I'm 5ft 10"/72kg
Reply 78
when i get up: banana and a yogurt
when i reach uni: porridge from greggs
snack: apple
tea: pie (from greggs) with chips o beens or i'll cook some mince
after: smoothie
before bed: cereal

i'm 6'1 and 11 1/2 stone.
Reply 79
Original post by -emilybrown
Breakfast: Ready Brek and a piece of fruit
Snack: Cereal bar
Lunch: Sandwich (usually ham or tuna mayo), yoghurt, piece of fruit
Snack: Carrot sticks/piece of toast
Dinner: Depends on what my mum/dad makes, usually pasta with chicken and sweetcorn or something.

Drinks-wise I always drink diluting juice, like literally, it's the only thing I drink apart from water. And I very rarely eat sweets or chocolate but only because I don't actually like it, I'd rather have a sandwich than a cake. Savoury food > everything else. :smile:

I'm 8'2 and 5'3, and I'm pretty skinny (I'm not saying this to brag, it's just a fact and it's not something I necessarily like) ... why does every second girl on this thread seem to be 8st or less despite eating terribly? :confused:

probably because there the people most willing to share the information with the world. the fact that you eat healthily will be better for you in the long run though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest