The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by supersping
Yeah I've been predicted an A in maths and a B in biology, just waiting on my chem prediction! any tips for revision?

Oh right, I'm thinking Medway, Portsmouth, possibly Kingston or Brighton, Reading and Hertforshire

I'd do a lot of past papers! i think that's what let me down.
Reply 81
Original post by Fazzting
ok, so those of you applying for pharmacy this year, what kind of work experience have you got? i only have 1 week and don't know whether that will be enough?

I only did one week :s-smilie:
I'm scared most people did two, but quite honestly I couldn't have handled two weeks of early mornings in my summer :tongue:
Reply 82
hi
i got the following in my AS grades this year,
psychology (overall B)
unit 1- B
unit 2- B
chemistry (overall C)
unit 1- B
unit 2 -D
biology (overall C)
unit 1- B
unit 2- D
maths (overall C)
S1- C
C1- A
C2- E
i am going to retake chemistry unit 2, biology unit 2 and C2, hopefully i can get them up to a B :smile:
i was wondering what uni would accept me with B's and
are there indirect ways into getting into pharmacy, like a foundation yr, or a one yr course or something like that , i really want to do pharmacy but am scared i might not stand a chance with my grades :frown:

any help would be much appreciated
Reply 83
Hiii everyone I'm on a gap year I'm applying for Pharmacy 2012 but i got three C's in biology, chemistry and maths
I'm retaking a few modules but do you think uni's will still consider me? :/

Also who's started on their personal statement and how's it going ?:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Lauraaa12
I only did one week :s-smilie:
I'm scared most people did two, but quite honestly I couldn't have handled two weeks of early mornings in my summer :tongue:

i asked some of the uni's and said they accept a variety of people with varying amounts of work experience,some with permanent part time jobs at pharmacy, to some with no work experience. hopefully we're safe lol
Hiya
I'm willing to study Pharmacy, but the only barrier is my grades.

My GCSE's are:
4 A*'s - Including Mathematics
4 A's
4 B's - Including triple science

However, my AS grades were really bad:
English Lit - D
Biology - E
Chemistry - E
Maths - E

My college didn't let me re-take the year so I'm carring on with Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
How great are my chances in getting into Pharmacy? And are there any alternative routes?

I'm in desperate need! Please help!
Reply 86
omg guys how hav u guys decided wot unis to apply for :s-smilie: because of financial problems I don't think I would be able to travel to all the unis for open days and check them out :frown: i want to go to a campus based univ outside london which is very diversed [in terms of people from different ethnicities/cultures/countries etc].. im also very interested in different learning styles.. not jus long lectures with 100 people in lecture halls.... any of u think any particular unis myt be the best for me ?
Original post by maryam.asmari
Hiya
I'm willing to study Pharmacy, but the only barrier is my grades.

My GCSE's are:
4 A*'s - Including Mathematics
4 A's
4 B's - Including triple science

However, my AS grades were really bad:
English Lit - D
Biology - E
Chemistry - E
Maths - E

My college didn't let me re-take the year so I'm carring on with Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
How great are my chances in getting into Pharmacy? And are there any alternative routes?

I'm in desperate need! Please help!

Have you considered the pharmaceutical sciences course at Kingston?
I'm applying to Bath, Manchester, Portsmouth, Brighton and Medway
Original post by Inspire12
Hiii everyone I'm on a gap year I'm applying for Pharmacy 2012 but i got three C's in biology, chemistry and maths
I'm retaking a few modules but do you think uni's will still consider me? :/

Also who's started on their personal statement and how's it going ?:smile:

Hey! I got A.C.C and i'm retaking & reapplying too (aiming for A*AB) * hi 5 *

I know it's unfortunate but unis will see you as determined

are you worried about the fees or does it not bother you?
(edited 12 years ago)
ok, so those of you applying for pharmacy this year, what kind of work experience have you got? i only have 1 week and don't know whether that will be enough?

I only have work experience in the social services not specifically in pharmacy or health setting, but i'm on a gap year so i'm hoping to find some work experience :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by Waking Dream
I only have work experience in the social services not specifically in pharmacy or health setting, but i'm on a gap year so i'm hoping to find some work experience :smile:

iv spoken to a couple of people now, they say two weeks is ok, so i might just get another week or so! and then ill have something to discuss if i get called for interview or something..
Reply 92
Hey! I got A.C.C and i'm retaking & reapplying too (aiming for A*AB) * hi 5 *

I know it's unfortunate but unis will see you as determined

are you worried about the fees or does it not bother you?

Hii yepp im counting on the same thing, i'm not worried about the fees because you don't have to start paying them back once you earn over £20k and apparantly you can pay in small installments - itll just be over a longer period of time i honestly was determined to take a gap year and i didn't want anything to swerve my choice :smile:

Btw r u retaking with your college? Because now that i'm an external student i have to pay £45 per exam :O whislt if ure enrolled with college its only around £20per exam
i've saved up but its soo much seeing as want to retake 4 exams in january do u have to pay the same??

Also, have u started ur personal statement and your ucas form? i find my tutor won't directly reply to my emails and i feel anxious doing everything on my own as i didn't even apply last year because i was determined on taking my gap year :confused:

On the upside do you have anything planned for your gap year aside from your retakes? We have have soo much free time its exciting!:biggrin:
iv spoken to a couple of people now, they say two weeks is ok, so i might just get another week or so! and then ill have something to discuss if i get called for interview or something..

Yeah that's a really good idea. I'm heading off to the job centre tomorrow to find some work until christmas lol
Original post by Inspire12
Hii yepp im counting on the same thing, i'm not worried about the fees because you don't have to start paying them back once you earn over £20k and apparantly you can pay in small installments - itll just be over a longer period of time i honestly was determined to take a gap year and i didn't want anything to swerve my choice :smile:

Btw r u retaking with your college? Because now that i'm an external student i have to pay £45 per exam :O whislt if ure enrolled with college its only around £20per exam
i've saved up but its soo much seeing as want to retake 4 exams in january do u have to pay the same??

Also, have u started ur personal statement and your ucas form? i find my tutor won't directly reply to my emails and i feel anxious doing everything on my own as i didn't even apply last year because i was determined on taking my gap year :confused:

On the upside do you have anything planned for your gap year aside from your retakes? We have have soo much free time its exciting!:biggrin:

That's what I keep telling people but everyone was in a rush to go this year because of this. Some of them went in clearing and just applied for any available course :s

I didn't think about this! I STILL need to apply for retakes because i've been contemplating my gap year decision for so long, but hopefully will get it sorted this week. Is it too late to enroll on a college course? Would we have to resit the whole qualification if we do enroll, like coursework and stuff? I'm retaking 4 exams too! thanks for telling me btw :tongue:

Yeah same, i'm too scared to even speak with my tutor because i feel like i've let her down :frown: I'm going to email her and ask her if she can edit my reference from last year. Yeah i've started my ucas form and written my personal statement but I haven't included any gap year information so I have to edit it a bit. I'm scared about the interviews! - I need to prepare for those :smile:

I haven't planned anything interesting for the gap year really, just trying to keep myself occupied with working and studying :smile: I just want everything to be over and done with, to get to any university and never have to go through the ucas/a level process again, it's been hell!

what are your plans, anything exciting? :biggrin:
Reply 95
That's what I keep telling people but everyone was in a rush to go this year because of this. Some of them went in clearing and just applied for any available course :s

I didn't think about this! I STILL need to apply for retakes because i've been contemplating my gap year decision for so long, but hopefully will get it sorted this week. Is it too late to enroll on a college course? Would we have to resit the whole qualification if we do enroll, like coursework and stuff? I'm retaking 4 exams too! thanks for telling me btw :tongue:

Yeah same, i'm too scared to even speak with my tutor because i feel like i've let her down :frown: I'm going to email her and ask her if she can edit my reference from last year. Yeah i've started my ucas form and written my personal statement but I haven't included any gap year information so I have to edit it a bit. I'm scared about the interviews! - I need to prepare for those :smile:

I haven't planned anything interesting for the gap year really, just trying to keep myself occupied with working and studying :smile: I just want everything to be over and done with, to get to any university and never have to go through the ucas/a level process again, it's been hell!

what are your plans, anything exciting? :biggrin:

Hii I've not enrolled either I'm retaking my exams as an external student, do yu mind me asking which A levels you did at college and what modules you want to retake?

I need to get started on my personal statement asap, I'm looking for work experience at the minute as well. :s-smilie:

Omg i told my friends the same but somehow I'm made out to be making the risky decision, I agree with you about the whole ucas process it will be great once its over!! It seems like were pretty much in the same boat!:smile:

No i don't have anything exciting planned yet i just want to make sure i get onto a pharmacy course at whichever uni too!!

Which unis r u thinking of applying to??
Reply 96
does anyone know how to go about being a pharmacy counter assistant? i keep reading these personal statements on tsr wiki, and i swear all of them have done that course! :l
Reply 97
Does anyone know if a CV is required for work experience/ job at a pharmacy?? I'm not a pharmacy student I'm taking a gap year and need pharmacy related work experience

Any help would be great :smile: Thanks
Reply 98
Original post by marz bar
have you decided on where you want to go? (:

aston preferably :smile: yourself?
Reply 99
I got AABB in my As, hopefully applying for Queens Belfast, UEA, Kings, Robert Gordan and Reading.

Anyone else considering Queens on here, thought it was pretty good at the Open day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending