The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6760
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Neggers gunna neg in this thread.

What did you get negged for?

I got negged for giving someone advice a few days ago; though I can imagine someone might have gotten a bit annoyed that I said that it shouldn't take that much preparation to get a UKCAT score in the 700s. Not too fussed, negs a neg.
Original post by Tabris
What did you get negged for?

I got negged for giving someone advice a few days ago; though I can imagine someone might have gotten a bit annoyed that I said that it shouldn't take that much preparation to get a UKCAT score in the 700s. Not too fussed, negs a neg.

Got two negs for saying that my feet hurt. :lolwut:
Reply 6762
So I did my UKCAT a few weeks ago and got 705, with 650, 720, 720 and 730 individual scores. The 650 was VR, obviously.
Reckon that will be enough for the Imperial cut off this year? I hear it was around 640 last year but they state roughly mid-600s in all sections this year. Really hoping that this damn VR doesn't screw my whole application.
(edited 12 years ago)
Blimey There's a huge cue for gamsat in sheffield. I was worried I'd be late, but doesn't look like I'll be getting in before 9. I hope most people aren't clever.
Reply 6764
Original post by byebyebadman
Blimey There's a huge cue for gamsat in sheffield. I was worried I'd be late, but doesn't look like I'll be getting in before 9. I hope most people aren't clever.

I really wish you the best of luck! :smile: I am terrified already and I am only planning on sitting it in March!

I thought few people would be sitting the gamsat!!!!!
Reply 6765
Anyone planning on sitting the march gamsat? I would like to create a study group with all those planning on attempting it!!!!
Original post by HLS
Really?

I was convinced all the answers within a section had equal weighting.

Nope, harder questions are worth more!
They'll just be about to start the essay section methinks, after a quick break when all the women spend queuing to get into the loos :rolleyes: Ahh can't believe I sat it a year ago.
Reply 6768
Any ideas what Newcastles GEP UKCAT cutoff was this year?
is competition for 5yr courses really high?
Original post by thevmedic
is competition for 5yr courses really high?

Competiton for all courses is really high tbh.
Original post by itzme
Anyone planning on sitting the march gamsat? I would like to create a study group with all those planning on attempting it!!!!

I am :s-smilie:
Reply 6772
Original post by Nasher and Basher
I am :s-smilie:
where do you live? You don't have to be very detailed. I wanted to meet physically other gamsaters and have gamsat sessions. Are you at uni now? I will be in my final year
Reply 6773
So all those who took the gamsat, please tell us how it went!!!! I'm excited to take mine, though a bit scared (but I like scaring myself!)
Reply 6774
Where under the education section of the UCAS form is there the option to write down information about university attended and degree? It seems as though there is only the option for schools and colleges :confused:
Original post by Hantheman
Competiton for all courses is really high tbh.

You started yet, bro?
You started yet, bro?

^^ I cant believe you got negged for that

You have started Warwick medical school right ? How are you finding it ?
You started yet, bro?

Nah, I start 3rd Oct. Moving in on Monday. Can't ****ing wait,. Got our house warming party theme sorted. Anything beginning with A, E, J, R or W. I'm going as Wolverine and drinking JD all night. Awesome.

How bout you?
Original post by Nasher and Basher
^^ I cant believe you got negged for that

You have started Warwick medical school right ? How are you finding it ?

Yeah I'm getting negged like a boss in this thread. Neggers gonna neg.

Original post by Hantheman
Nah, I start 3rd Oct. Moving in on Monday. Can't ****ing wait,. Got our house warming party theme sorted. Anything beginning with A, E, J, R or W. I'm going as Wolverine and drinking JD all night. Awesome.

How bout you?

To reply at the same time: Yeah, just finished second week. Loving it.
*Ahem*

So, I've just broken the news to my parents..so..naturally the news should be broken on tsr lol

I've decided to take the leap and apply for gradmed 2012- quite frankly I should be bonkers, but it's something I've been genuinely considering for a while and in terms of finances, my career and academics It makes sense to do it now whilst I'm fresh out of uni, bit of money behind me and no commitments in terms of children, a partner etc. I'm about to graduate as a nurse but for a while as i've been acting as a qualified and working more independently I've just been feeling frustrated in the role. I've always said I love nursing, and I do however I've never been able to see myself as a staff nurse for my whole career and to progress involves a masters, phd etc and whilst looking into these something has niggled me and made me feel uneasy about really looking into dedicating my career to nursing. I looked into other possible paths I could do such as research nurse and considered even going into doing a PGCE and doing health and social care teaching - however a month ago decided that going into medicine has just felt 'right'. It's something I've always fallen too and considered but my situation, work experience's and decisions took me another path.

So- decided to give it a shot, if you don't try you don't get. I've decided based on my a-levels, preferences and degree i've taken to apply too:
Newcastle
Warwick
Barts
KCL

Academically I should be awarded a 1st (or a 2:1 if I get less than 55% in my dissertation) in Adult Nursing, and I'll be doing the UKCAT test shortly- which is doing my head in at the moment as I'm HATING the quantitative reasoning practice stuff! I will still be working as a staff nurse and *If* I get in will have gained my 6 months experience and could work on bank (if needed/appropiate).

It's not necessarily the *best* time in other aspects of my life as my dad has cancer, I also have a dissertation to be handed in soon but it also feels really right and I know this will be VERY hard but, I'm up for the challenge!

Latest

Trending

Trending