The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:bump:

Where are all the Year 10s?!

:smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Sounds good :tongue: I kind of wanted to do food, but I didn't have enough options left (probably a good thing because I'm terrible at cooking anyway! :wink: )

JEALOUS :eek: How did that work then? :confused: Was it optional for you in years 8 and 9? I thought it was a government rule that all schools have to teach it to everyone up to Year 11.

Doctors note :wink: since Year 8 (:
everyone else has too do it
and i just sit there in the library watching them:biggrin:
lucky thing i hate pe i have it first thing two days a week with an evil teacher:frown:
Reply 43
Today was a fun day :smile:

R.S which was great
then Maths, which was ok
then Spanish
then Double Geography aha :biggrin: love it
I had...

Maths
ICT
Double Science :biggrin:
PE
RS :biggrin:

Pretty good day :yes:
Reply 45
Maths :redface:
Physics :smile:
History :biggrin:
P.E :shifty:
English :shifty:

Not too bad.
Reply 46
Today wasn't too bad for me:

Music - Not too bad. We started work on some blues piece that I can't remember the name of. I've took the sheet home to practise, however I'm planning to continue to self-teach myself "Requiem for a Dream" at home this week instead. I like climatic music. xD

Biology - I get the impression the teacher doesn't like me. Yes, I was talking to someone for like a few seconds, but they asked about the work and how she wanted us to set out our stuff. I was just helping out. We did boring stuff about menstruation cycles. I hate this part of biology, I find it boring. :L

IT (AiDA)- The whole class had to re-do our e-portfolio's to store our coursework on when it's finished. We made e-portfolio's last year, but they were using a bad program that's hard to edit so therefore miss just said we may as well re-make them on a better program. It was quite simple really so a pretty easy-going lesson.

Spanish - Revised weather-related phrases and then did a listening and a reading exercise. After that we began writing some paragraphs about holidays and what the weather was like then. We have more time next lesson to finish because they need to be quite complex. I'm probably best at writing, so I always like doing writing stuff and getting them marked.

English - Continued annotations of the poem "On a Portrait of a Dead Man". I don't particularly like the poem, but it's got lots in it and in some respects I could say it's interesting. Yes, it's mournful, but I like emotion in writing. I'm not sure if we've done yet with annotations. We might have, but at GCSE we need to have a lot of them because well, it's GCSE and you need a lot of reference and quotes. It makes it easiest if you annotate and highlight all the quotes, as well as jotting down certain things about the poem and poetic devices/techniques etc. I want to get a good grade in both English language and English literature, so I don't mind doing all this in-depth stuff. I love reading and writing, so I always enjoy being around words in English and exploring them.

So yes, generally a good day. I've got double PE tomorrow (volleyball and basketball). I'm bad at PE, but I don't think doing double's as bad as I imagined. It's not good, but there's a few friends in my PE which is nice. I also have physics first tomorrow which I hate (I have a ridiculously annoying teacher and generally just hate physics with a passion. Chemistry has to be my favourite science). I don't think the afternoon's too bad (French and Drama), but I do hate my Drama teacher and he spoils the subject.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. :L
Today was alright for me. Apart from PSHE :rolleyes:

aaaand the fire alarms went off for the first and probably not last time this year :rolleyes:

Biology tomorrow :dance:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
The fire alarms went off in my school yesterday during afternoon registration (I think it was because of wind and it triggered some alarm). At first I thought it was my cooking in the food tech room setting on fire (I had to go back for it after so it would have cooled a bit), but it wasn't. xD I'm in one of the newest outdoor portable-cabin buildings and the alarms in them are really odd "1, 2, 3, Evacuate the building!" It kept repeating and repeating with a really posh voice (like the ones you get in lifts when it says what level you're at :L) and the actual alarm sound didn't even sound like an alarm, it was more like a pop song. It was a weird experience...
Lol is this thread just people describing their day? :tongue:
I took:

History
German
Religious Studies
Government and Politics AS Level (A few of us got offered the chance to drop a subject and take an AS, I dropped food tech).

And today I had:

Double German- Oh god someone shoot me next Wednesday.

Double Religious Studies- Actually quite good. We discussed why someone might choose to believe in God (Christianity, specifically), and what we believed ourselves.

History- Starting to regret choosing this after our school decided it would be a good idea to implement 'mixed abilities sets'. My class has people who got Level 4's last year, and others who got Level 8's. Its stupid.

Government and Politics- Probably my favorite lesson, because its independent learning. I have no teacher and basically spend 50 mins messing around on the computers in the library :biggrin:
Is it just me but we have only be back like a week and a bit but it seems like for ever . Spent most of today making fun of the new deputy , who's really strange
Today i had

pe (it was theory though so great)
biology (ok)
history ( boring doing a presentation on a topic i did to death last year as an extension)
Maths ( In the middle set and so bored )
English ( Great looking at a review of doctor who!)

so not a bad day really , we keep thinking the fire alarm will go off and it has yet
Oh my Goodness! My school are pushing us all so hard because we have a really good reputation to live up to. They did not prepare us for the level of work for 11 GCSEs. Literally been back a week and I no longer have a life.
Original post by Scary Third
Oh my Goodness! My school are pushing us all so hard because we have a really good reputation to live up to. They did not prepare us for the level of work for 11 GCSEs. Literally been back a week and I no longer have a life.

Mines the opposite, the reputation is poor and as a result so is the majority of teaching:mad:

But anyway at least I have the motivation to push myself hard...and go on youtube...and facebook, and TSR....Oh crap, better go revise my Chemistry.:colondollar:
Reply 54
hehe this thread is like a mass diary
i had:
Physics, teacher decided we were all thick and couldnt do any maths so we did maths so easy i practically fell asleep and jumped when he started going on about how important converting stuff to hours was

Chemistry dull dull dull teacher who is teaching us stuff we did in physics and geography last year

Double law have no idea why i took it everyone in my class is an idiot and found at my school does no work experience cos theyre ****ing skint despite getting a £250 million new building they cant afford to call a few shops and get us places as slaves for a week

English Controlled Assessment plan wrote tiny which gives me an "unfair advantage" but hid plan from teacher so im semi cheating
i want to be back in year 10 :cry:
Original post by rhiam
hehe this thread is like a mass diary

I read that as 'dairy' :moo: I need to get more sleep :laugh:

Original post by rhiam
found at my school does no work experience cos theyre ****ing skint despite getting a £250 million new building they cant afford to call a few shops and get us places as slaves for a week

What? :confused: Surely it doesn't cost much to just make a few phone calls. Or they could use email, because presumably they're paying for the power to run the computers anyway, so it's essentially free. I hope you can get something sorted out :smile:

What? :confused: Surely it doesn't cost much to just make a few phone calls. Or they could use email, because presumably they're paying for the power to run the computers anyway, so it's essentially free. I hope you can get something sorted out :smile:

The same has happened with our school. Because of the Government Cuts, the council might have to scrap the Work Experience program most schools in the area use:angry:

Damn you economic crisis!
My school days are somewhat boring.
Reply 59

thanks i hope so too i might just try to help at the library or volunteer at a charity shop, the school thinks it it does work experience because it makes us wear suits and talk to interview coaches for a day and tells us about some other crap for another 4 :mad:

Latest