The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omniscience
My school days are somewhat boring.

Sorry to hear that. :frown: What subjects are you doing? :smile:
Reply 61
Just stumbled across this thread, and skimmed through the first 3 pages. I'm starting Year 10 this year. =P

Options I took were Drama, Spanish and History. Quite enjoying all of them so far.
Original post by Cynical.
Just stumbled across this thread, and skimmed through the first 3 pages. I'm starting Year 10 this year. =P

Options I took were Drama, Spanish and History. Quite enjoying all of them so far.

Hello :hi:

Good to hear that you're enjoying your chosen subjects :yep:
Reply 63
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hello :hi:

Good to hear that you're enjoying your chosen subjects :yep:

Hey, thanks=]
How're you finding Art?
Sorry to hear that. :frown: What subjects are you doing? :smile:

Statistics, Geography, History, ICT, Triple Award Science.
How're you finding Art?

I'm really enjoying it so far :h:

My teacher showed us some works from previous years, and it was AMAZING :eek: It looks like I have a lot to live up to :redface:
Reply 66
I'm really enjoying it so far :h:

My teacher showed us some works from previous years, and it was AMAZING :eek: It looks like I have a lot to live up to :redface:

I'm sure you'll do great! I asked because a few of my friends took it thinking it'd be a breeze and are either bored or just shocked with it being more than they were expecting. Haha. Have any pictures or things of your work you'd care to share? =P
Reply 67
Hey, i'm just about to jump in the convo so i hope you don't mind :smile:
I only had 3 choices for my options cause my school makes us do the marjority of our subjects :frown: At least ICT and german will never be seen again. We're in sets for everything apart from our options since they've decided on mixed ablity sets which are kinda annoying. I'm happy that i chose art and classics, but the controlled assessments for geography seem long. At least we'll have no course work though!
Original post by sos_
Hey, i'm just about to jump in the convo so i hope you don't mind :smile:
I only had 3 choices for my options cause my school makes us do the marjority of our subjects :frown: At least ICT and german will never be seen again. We're in sets for everything apart from our options since they've decided on mixed ablity sets which are kinda annoying. I'm happy that i chose art and classics, but the controlled assessments for geography seem long. At least we'll have no course work though!

Hello sos_ :hi:

I'm doing Art and Geography too :smile: Why aren't you getting any coursework for Geography? :eek: I think my Geography coursework gives more marks than the test! You're lucky :tongue: Coursework is one of the things that I am NOT looking forward to in Year 10 :colondollar:
Personally I'm dreading the Science Controlled Assessments, where we have to plan and carry out an experiment to prove a certain statement :frown:

I've always done well in Science grades-wise because we were never marked on experiments.
But seriously I am possibly the worst person ever at planning experiments/recording data and the like. It takes me about 6 goes to draw a 4 column table correctly:colondollar:
Reply 70
Oh God. Good point. The amount of times I've broken test tubes or beakers or set things on fire over the past 3 years...
I'm sure you'll do great! I asked because a few of my friends took it thinking it'd be a breeze and are either bored or just shocked with it being more than they were expecting. Haha. Have any pictures or things of your work you'd care to share? =P

Thanks! :h: I might have one or two pictures of some of my so-called 'art' :tongue: saved to my PC, I'll have a look in a sec

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Personally I'm dreading the Science Controlled Assessments, where we have to plan and carry out an experiment to prove a certain statement :frown:

I've always done well in Science grades-wise because we were never marked on experiments.
But seriously I am possibly the worst person ever at planning experiments/recording data and the like. It takes me about 6 goes to draw a 4 column table correctly:colondollar:

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: When do you have your first Controlled Assessment? Good luck! :smile:

Oh God. Good point. The amount of times I've broken test tubes or beakers or set things on fire over the past 3 years...

You'd never catch ME doing a silly thing like that, honest. I mean really, I've NEVER dropped test tubes or spilled Iodine, and I've NEVER EVER smashed a test tube by holding it on a bunsen burner when I didn't realise it was cracked, especially not in front of the head of science or anything like that :colondollar:
Really Enjoying year 10 so far.

Got put in Top set for everything But Maths:tongue: (Were set out of 5)
I'm In Set 2 for Maths

Tomorrow, Lots of People are going on a Geography field Trip, so most lessons are going to be abandoned and quiet xD. Geography was the most popular option choice
I detest the subject, i was never able to excel in it, and the teacher was horrendously boring!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EloquentlySpoken

I'm In Set 2 for Maths

Tomorrow, Lots of People are going on a Geography field Trip, so most lessons are going to be abandoned and quiet xD

:hi: Hello!

Well done for getting into the top set for almost everything :biggrin: . What subjects are you taking?

Where are the Geography people going? :smile:
Reply 74
Where is everyone?! Have you seen the Y11 thread? We gotta step it up!
Where is everyone?! Have you seen the Y11 thread? We gotta step it up!

Their thread has been around since they were in Year 10 :wink: They just changed the name.

But yeah, where is everyone? :tongue:
Reply 76
Original post by EloquentlySpoken

I'm In Set 2 for Maths

Tomorrow, Lots of People are going on a Geography field Trip, so most lessons are going to be abandoned and quiet xD. Geography was the most popular option choice
I detest the subject, i was never able to excel in it, and the teacher was horrendously boring!

Just saw your other thread, we chose the same options! Well, except Food Tech (we could only take 3) but pretty much! It's nice knowing someone who's doing the same things, though I think our history courses are quite different. And I'm starting Spanish this year, rather than in Year 7 (we've been doing French but that wasn't run as a GCSE - not enough people wanted to take it! haha). Anyway. Yea. Hey8D

And everyone must be busy doing lifey things. Bum.
:hi: Hello!

Well done for getting into the top set for almost everything :biggrin: . What subjects are you taking?

Where are the Geography people going? :smile:

Spanish,History,Drama and Food Tech :smile:

Oh and i have no idea, some place to do a case study on rivers:biggrin:
Just saw your other thread, we chose the same options! Well, except Food Tech (we could only take 3) but pretty much! It's nice knowing someone who's doing the same things, though I think our history courses are quite different. And I'm starting Spanish this year, rather than in Year 7 (we've been doing French but that wasn't run as a GCSE - not enough people wanted to take it! haha). Anyway. Yea. Hey8D

And everyone must be busy doing lifey things. Bum.

What Exam board are you on :smile:?
I'm on AQA
will be nice to speak to you, since you are studying the same options

My History class is full to the brim, its very popular
So is Spanish
Food Tech has about 20 people
and Drama has 11/12:biggrin:

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: When do you have your first Controlled Assessment? Good luck! :smile:

They haven't told us the dates, we were just told we would have one :frown:

Has anyone else been put in a terrible class for something?
I'm in set 1 for everything, apart from IT, and geez, my IT class is terrible. Everyone talks over the teacher, she has no control, we aren't even set any work.

I was thinking about asking to move sets but really it's my fault I'm in it, in the first place. Last year I chose to sit next to my friend, and I think with effort we both could've got Distinction, but we just chatted and messed about all year.

So yeah anyone got any advice for doing well in a crappy set? :colondollar:

Latest