The Student Room Group

will having casual sex during freshers week ruin a girls rep for the whole degree ?

Scroll to see replies

Lol how guys are always making "how much sex do you think i will get at uni?" threads and girls are making "should I have sex at uni or not?" threads
Reply 61
Original post by miss_sporty
i have been thinking about this, at the end of the day im a massive flirt/tease especially when drunk...so if i happen to get in that type of situation then thats fine but its my decision and no-one should judge me and what my v-g-jay decides to do about it :tongue:

is there a reason why you are timid when sober but the opposite when drunk ?
Nobody will care if you have sex in Freshers Week.

Where you can get a bad reputation is if you sleep with two or more boys from your halls in the first couple of weeks. Once the guys start to get to know each other they will all talk and will be discussing in detail what the girl is like in bed, what she does, if she takes it up the wrong 'un, if she deep throats, if she swallows, does she do it bareback, all this will be discussed by the boys in halls so your sexual behaviour will be known about by the other boys. Having said this they aren't going to be 'judgemental' about it, they will just think it's funny/sexy or whatever, and won't treat you any differently.
no it may not, but personally if i **** a girl real early in the year, and multiple times at that without much effort, she's in the slag-zone..there is a big difference between a girl you wife and a slag you ****...

not saying don't have sex, otherwise me and my fellow males won't get it if all girls did that , but don't make your legs a revolving door of men..or a weekend free parking spot
If its just the one time I can't imagine that anyone will care. It's fairly obvious this sort of thing goes on and I doubt anyone would judge a girl for it unless shes bringing a different guy back every night.

Original post by Eclair
ip****

and nah

I agree with you there :wink:
Reply 65
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Nobody will care if you have sex in Freshers Week.

Where you can get a bad reputation is if you sleep with two or more boys from your halls in the first couple of weeks. Once the guys start to get to know each other they will all talk and will be discussing in detail what the girl is like in bed, what she does, if she takes it up the wrong 'un, if she deep throats, if she swallows, does she do it bareback, all this will be discussed by the boys in halls so your sexual behaviour will be known about by the other boys. Having said this they aren't going to be 'judgemental' about it, they will just think it's funny/sexy or whatever, and won't treat you any differently.

okay, so I'm assuming if they are completely unrelated i.e one lives on halls, one commutes and they have completely different friends and do completely different courses, this ofcouse will never happen, correct?
Reply 66
Original post by Kimoraaa
you started uni at 17 ?:smile:

Oh yes. Things are a bit different when you go through Scottish schools though. For some people, they can complete their final year and still be 17 for about six months. Just the way admissions work.

You can also apply for university entry on the basis of your penultimate (Lower Sixth/S.5/Whatever) year. My sister went off to Edinburgh Uni when she was 16 - but that was in the early/mid 90s, and things have changed a bit since then.

Not sure it's a good thing really. People do a lot of growing up between 16 and 19.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PinkMocassin
okay, so I'm assuming if they are completely unrelated i.e one lives on halls, one commutes and they have completely different friends and do completely different courses, this ofcouse will never happen, correct?

Less likely to yes. Also I find it also depends how much a girl goes on about it, if a girl doesn't go on about guys all the time then even if she is having a lot of sex people will by and large not bother about it.
I noticed this feeling with girls last year at Uni. Seemed to be more anxiety towards getting a rep with their house-mates more than anything. Certainly won't stick for the whole degree though, I can say that much.
No it won't but remember... Life is for living, not for killing. So put a condom on and keep on smiling! :groovy:
Original post by AidanKD
It won't effect your degree persay...but to be honest why should you care what other people think? If you wanna have sex have sex....just don't CATCH anything. That should be your only regret :wink:

Chuckled here.
Reply 71
Original post by PinkMocassin
oh that's good thinking actually so lets say a girl slept with three guys on three unrelated courses, who 100% don't know each other, there is no chance of either of them knowing right ? just out of interest ?

These times I'm just praying you're going to my uni!!

If so, how you doin? :sexface:
Reply 72
Original post by K the Failure
Just do the ****ing or keep the rep; you can't have your cake and eat it, girl.

I worked hard for that cake. What am I going to do with it if not eat it?

You promised me cake GlaDOS
Reply 73
Original post by Fat-Love
I worked hard for that cake. What am I going to do with it if not eat it?

Pretty sure it'll be pie being eaten.. not cake!

And tbh as long as you dont go talking about it I dont think people will care :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Fat-Love

Someone's gotta say it..

But the cake is a lie XD
Reply 75
Of course it won't. It's university, people are a little more mature, so take this primary school attitude and shove it. Most people won't care or even notice, and if they do the reputation she would acquire would be for being a strong independent woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go out and get it.
Reply 76
Original post by Lewroll
How will people find out unless you talk about it? (or are you a screamer? :sexface:)

If you're in halls, the person in the room below you might hear you too... :argh:
My uni is absolutely tiny (less than 4000 students) and I don't know how but in halls everyone found out everything about anything anyone did. It didn't ruin anyone's reputation, but they'll always be people who judge. But to be honest it's your uni experience, live it how you want to and don't care what people think.
Reply 78
Depends if you're an easy pull.
Nah, as long as it is just one person throughout freshers week she's sleeping with.

Quick Reply

Latest