The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by cookiedough101
Does RBS give a test straight after hitting the submit button or does it come after they review your application?

After they review
Reply 221
@cookiedough101 they review first. Also I have an interview with citigroup for trading assistant role next weds, do you guys know if this role can be converted into full time position later on, mayb after 6 months.
Original post by ChevalBlanc
If you applied to the grad scheme, you should probably not hope for too much. They have explicitly stated that they will not hire outside their pool of interns. You could, however, hedge by also applying for an internship (they allow two apps).

Any ideas what banks will be virtually pointless applying too this year then, as well as the ones that might be worth applying too?
I've already mentioned a few in this thread, scroll back.
Original post by seattle
GS only reviews applications after the deadline.

I applied in middle of August too - got a rejection a week later. Similar to bidilou, I don't think I did well in their tests.

I've applied for Barcap in middle of August but it's been over a month and still application under review. :frown:

not what i asked
Reply 225
Original post by sssdeol1
Did you apply to multiple positions at cs or just the one?

No, just different locations.

Original post by Ludovic_88
not what i asked

I thought of giving you information that may help, if you looked at the website carefully you'll be able to find the answer.
Reply 226
Original post by ChevalBlanc
HR. I interned in Markets this summer and was also involved in a campus presentation.

Thanks mate!
Reply 227
Original post by distort
Hi All,

I have applied to BNP, CS, JP, Socgen for their guate program 2012 and I have not heard back from them yet, is it a good sign or should I start to panic :confused:

Also, a weird thing happened : i received an email from BNP saying that I had to pass their online test again due to to some "unforeseen circumtances".
Any of you received this email?

Thanks and good luck to all the graduate 2012 applicants.
Hopefully some of us will make it!!

Same for me, just retook the tests and my status went back to "under review after online tests

Originally Posted by Player111
Has anyone else got this messege from RBS for trading:

Thank you again for your application to The Royal Bank of Scotland graduate
development programme.

After reviewing your responses at the online testing stage, we are pleased to inform you that your performance has met our requirements, and that you will now be considered for progression to the next stage, which will be a face-to-face assessment.

Assessments for different business areas are run at different stages of the recruitment campaign, and we are not currently running assessments for your selected business area. When the assessments start, we will contact you to let you know.

Please be aware that, because we receive many high quality applications and spaces at the next round are limited, we are unable to guarantee an assessment place at this stage.

ALso received this message, but RBS are sending thousands of messages each year that make you hope, until they reject you, so I am not taking it as a good sign for the moment
Original post by ebam_uk
Highly unlikely, but possible & if the trade made say £100 million pounds... no one would bat an eyelid lol, maybe even a FT offer made.

Ridiculously cretinous thing to say, have you ever worked in a bank??
Reply 229
Original post by etrain1986
Ridiculously cretinous thing to say, have you ever worked in a bank??

Nope...
Can anyone shed some light on whether BAML will be hiring much in markets for 2012 Grad or whether they take final years on their internships? Cheers
Reply 231
Thank you for your application to the Deutsche Bank United Kingdom - CIB: Markets - Analyst Training Program - Class of 2012

Unfortunately all positions in the program have now been filled. We will, however, keep your details on file should any further graduate opportunities arise.

We appreciate the time you have taken to pursue this opportunity with Deutsche Bank and we wish you the best of luck in your career endeavors.

Kind Regards,

Deutsche Bank
Graduate Resourcing

Not saying I particularly believe this BUT, it may be an indication as to why so many people on here may be getting rejections from S&T..

http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/newsandviews_item/newsItemId-35014
Reply 233
Original post by moon44

got the same from DB an hour ago. Have they really invite smb or was it just the polite way of rejection?
I've just graduated and was wondering where it is possible to get on internships if you're no longer a student. Sad times for me if there's not many.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 235
No one who did not do a summer internship at DB was hired into their grad program. They just tried to take as many as possible from their summer interns. It is about headcount these days.
BNP telephone invite.
Does anyone know how long kpmg give you to complete the online tests after submitting your application? I really want to send it off but in a couple of days I'm going away for a long weekend so didn't want to miss my chance to do the tests if they don't send me the test invitation before I go.
Reply 238
Original post by Ludovic_88
BNP telephone invite.

congrats

which division? did you have to retake the tests?
Reply 239
Original post by Heini
No one who did not do a summer internship at DB was hired into their grad program. They just tried to take as many as possible from their summer interns. It is about headcount these days.

wat about BO like technology etc

Quick Reply

Latest