The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_tait
You have no idea of what pain and stress awaits you.

just got off the phone after an hour, massive phone bill ahead!

But at least there funding me to only do 1 module lol, as i'm doing 5 hours or something at uni the plan is to get a job work a ton of hours and hit the gym hard!
Original post by HilariousNinja
Ah righty, Hiatt Baker is at Stoke Bishop too. Yup maths too, I had a skim through it, some of it looked easy whilst other bits I don't even remember doing.

Ah I didn't know the weights room was right by us. I assumed it'd have to be after lectures which I was not looking forward to. Well they say it's just core so it can't be that bad.

The general consensus is still that newbies should just do starting strength for a few months right?
Original post by warwickorbristol
Ah I didn't know the weights room was right by us. I assumed it'd have to be after lectures which I was not looking forward to. Well they say it's just core so it can't be that bad.

The general consensus is still that newbies should just do starting strength for a few months right?

Yeh I'll probably go quite late, I'd prefer to go in between lectures but it'll be too difficult to go back and forth.
Well I haven't really bothered with it mainly because we only need to pass on it to ensure we remember basic stuff.

Definitely go on SS/SL, although don't make the mistake I did and not eat enough. I made good gains but I could've stayed on the routine longer and made better gains if I ate more.
Think I have bronchitis...

Had a cough for like 3 weeks or something but more recently kinda got worse and I've also just recently developed a blocked nose from it. Really ****ing gay... probably shouldn't have gone to the gym at all recently but I did, kinda took it easy though. Gonna go to the doctor tomorrow and see what he says... =/
Original post by HilariousNinja
Yeh I'll probably go quite late, I'd prefer to go in between lectures but it'll be too difficult to go back and forth.
Well I haven't really bothered with it mainly because we only need to pass on it to ensure we remember basic stuff.

Definitely go on SS/SL, although don't make the mistake I did and not eat enough. I made good gains but I could've stayed on the routine longer and made better gains if I ate more.

Oh you only need a pass, sorted.

I'll eat plenty dw. I'm more worried about form, what's the best way to nail that?
Original post by warwickorbristol
Oh you only need a pass, sorted.

I'll eat plenty dw. I'm more worried about form, what's the best way to nail that?

best way to nail form! is repeat repeat repeat the movement that you want to improve! and watch a ton of videos
Original post by Gallium
best way to nail form! is repeat repeat repeat the movement that you want to improve! and watch a ton of videos

Cheers, I'll get on it.

Sorry about clogging up your thread with newb questions, I just assumed you'd all know your ****.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Think I have bronchitis...

Had a cough for like 3 weeks or something but more recently kinda got worse and I've also just recently developed a blocked nose from it. Really ****ing gay... probably shouldn't have gone to the gym at all recently but I did, kinda took it easy though. Gonna go to the doctor tomorrow and see what he says... =/

I'd guess it it's just freshers' flu. Waste of time going the doctor imo.
Original post by RawJoh1
I'd guess it it's just freshers' flu. Waste of time going the doctor imo.

Not even started uni yet bruh. :wink:

After having a cough for weeks, I don't think it is a waste. More just to confirm what it is and what to do really...
Reply 1009

After having a cough for weeks, I don't think it is a waste. More just to confirm what it is and what to do really...

Michael don't be one of THOSE people that goes to the docs for that! Unless you literally can't do anything without pain then leave it, it will go with rest and a few good nights sleep.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gallium

This is spot on advice

Original post by CB5
Michael don't be one of THOSE people that goes to the docs for that! Unless you literally can't do anything without pain then leave it, it will go with rest and a few good nights sleep.

I'm kind of skeptical of GPs having anything better to do.
We've got saas in scotland.

I need to chase them up because they've allocated me a loan and my fees paid for, but haven't said anything about bursary (When i've applied for all 3). Annoying thing is they are only opened when I'm at work and don't have a hold function.

FS!
Original post by CB5

Bruh, I've been getting good sleep for 3-4 weeks now. This isn't because I've had a cough for 2 days, 3-4 weeks is kind of a long time...
Reply 1014
Original post by cowsforsale
We've got saas in scotland.

I need to chase them up because they've allocated me a loan and my fees paid for, but haven't said anything about bursary (When i've applied for all 3). Annoying thing is they are only opened when I'm at work and don't have a hold function.

FS!

SAAS is apparently terrible. When I was at uni, if your fees were paid by SAAS, you had to tell the bursary yourself(and prove it), because they were notoriously bad. The website is also pretty unhelpful for paying off/any info.
Reply 1015
Bruh, I've been getting good sleep for 3-4 weeks now. This isn't because I've had a cough for 2 days, 3-4 weeks is kind of a long time...

Fair enough.

Inb4 I'm proved 100% wrong and Michael has 1 month to live.

Fair enough. When I get ill (perils of having a job that necessitates lots of interaction with dirty, horrible customers and their money) I just megadose echinacea and double my multivit consumption. If I get a sore throat that won't go away I just gargle with a TCP/water solution a couple of times a day. That seems to nuke any man-flu type illness I get.
Risks associated with mild oral prohormone like HDrol; over-stated? Assuming proper PCT etc. I see morons running things like this all the time and getting bigger, and then when I research it everyone says \"zomg wait until you\'ve been training for 11 years and weigh at least 120kg at <10% bodyfat\" and stuff like that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1018
Original post by WinterIsComing
Risks associated with mild oral prohormone like HDrol; over-stated? Assuming proper PCT etc. I see morons running things like this all the time and getting bigger, and then when I research it everyone says &quot;zomg wait until you've been training for 11 years and weigh at least 120kg at &lt;10% bodyfat&quot; and stuff like that.

which user are you normally? how long you been training? how old are you etc?

is your diet in check?
Got an injury and just seeing if anyone has had anything similar?

Basically I think it happened doing OHP where I was arching my back too much and then my spine almost got a little bit compressed? It could have been from DL's but I think it's from the OHP.
Since then whenever I lie down I get a sort of slightly painful jarring in the lower back.

Doing other exercises ie Arnold press gives a similar pain higher in the spin at the bottom of the scapulas. Even arching on the bench I have to give it a second before the pain goes. It's entirely bearable but don't want to risk any long term spinal damage.

Cheers for any replies, I know I wrote this a week or so ago but it's actually worsened and can explain it better now.

Latest